Was Pete Carroll right about Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Out of the mouths of babes . . .

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Can we re-title this thread: Is Pete Carroll a douche: Yes or Yes?

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Pete Carrol is the last coach before Mangini who was fired by the Jets. Nuff said.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a heavy dose of running game, to allow the kid to pick his spot.
    That's how you protect your young protege (or so I learned.)

Instead, what I've seen all season was heavy dose of passing, which resulted in 20 INTs. Now I'm completely fed up with that fuckoff Schittenheimer.

5. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

WOW! that's some kind of wishful thinking, quite the assumption. to have those kind of numbers would be a miracle after watching this season!

sanchez has done nothing to warrant those kind of fairy tale #'s. if anything, he's proven we chose the wrong guy. past history says qb's coming out of college with just one year of experience end up as busts.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's easy to pile on Carroll now and he probably wasn't being altruistic but some of Sanchez's actions (the hot dog, scripted press conference) even aside from his rising INT total show he wasn't ready for the NFL. Not to mention he had far less college experience than the successful rookies of last year.

7. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

bulls*** comparison!
    tampa and detroit were at the bottom of the league in offense.
    the jets were near the top until favre flamed out due to injury or over rated. the jets were 8-3 and talking first rd buy at one point last season.

so to compare the offense's of tampa/detriot with the jets is homerism. you're seeing what you want to see, and not reality, what really is.

8. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

exactly! rookie qb's with one year of college, and all here are professing carroll to be selfish and wrong, when in fact, he's been proven right with sanchez's actions and play on the field.

maybe carroll was right from the very start and there are just too many homers here on this board.

after the first 3 games this year, many were proclaiming our qb to be st. sanchez! since then, reality has set in for some, and others ??????? (fairy tale jets land)

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Wasn't Manning a senior coming out?

Tell me about his rookie season...

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

^ See Above....

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Pete Carrol was just mad I think.

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Your seeing what you want to see, which is the jets fail, beacuse your one of those fans thats only happy when things are going wrong.

Stafford has Calvin Johnson to work with who is far better than any of our receivers.

Tampa was 9-3 last year beofre a late season collapse.

You ingoring those facts because they do not back up your argument.

Caroll was angry because he would have a shot at the NCAA championship with Sanchez back and would not without him and he knew it. IT was a selfish comment by a selfish man who is used to gettting his way no matter who has to buy his players for him.

13. I don't think what Sanchez is doing, is not to be expected from a rookie QB w/ a bright future ahead of him.

Sure, he's throwing alot of interceptions...but is he moving the offense on a consistent basis? When you don't have faith in a rookie QB to put points on on the board...thats when you should be concerned. I'm not concerned w/ Sanchez.

He needs an offseason to get some chemistry w/ his recievers, learn coverages better, get LW back, and hopefully some help in the slot.

14. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

gee, stafford had calvin, lol... you can name one player and their offense is compariable to ours! hillarious thinking, kindergarten grade thinking.
    yet you ignor B. edwards and our top rated oline, run game, thomas jones, etc; etc;

and it's not hard to see that carroll very well may have been correct about sanchez. if i were to listen to someone else's football knowledge, i would certainly take pete carroll over a know nothing blowhard such as yourself..

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It was obvious that Sanchez came out too early with his performance today.... :lol:

Completely ignored that the Bucs had a similar collapse to us last year and added Kellen Winslow to help thier young QB along.

Your blowing somke out your ass and its obvious.

16. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

Think there's any chance we bring in Chad Pennington as QB coach to help develop Sanchez? No way Miami is gonna keep him around next year, and I can't see the guy playing another game with that arm.

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

They have Winslow but had Bryant hurt for at least half the season, no other NFL receivers and a putrid running game.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Please continue this^ train of thought here:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=52028

19. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I dunno....was he?

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

So...you were saying something sir?