We need Indy to lose one game in the next 3 weeks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LeonNYJ, Dec 4, 2009.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

This needs to happen. If the Jets go to Indy with the Colts 14-0, there is no way they will be sitting Peyton and Co. They'll be going for 15-0 & 16-0 and for them to sit Peyton and anyone else at home going for 15-0 would just not happen.

So Jets fans, I know it's looking ahead and we need to take it one game at a time, but to just look ahead a bit, we need the Colts to lose 1 game before we play them. Sure to be the best, you need to beat the best. However, we'll save that for the playoffs if we make it there.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Jets need to win out, and to have that done the two team at the end of the schedule need to sit their starters.

this is true.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets need to get pressure on Peyton Manning and be physical with their receivers. Hoping that they sit their starters is pretty weak.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

+1

If our "D" plays like they should, we can go up against anyone.

I aint skerred, bring them on.

(would be nice though, lol)

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

If the D keeps putting pressure on Manning, Caldwell will eventually sit him. A team's priority is winning the playoffs and winning the SB. Not going undefeated with the possibility of not winning in the playoffs (see Patriots 2007) Caldwell will not take a chance leaving in Payton and Wayne in the event of a pocket collapse and Payton getting injured trying to win out.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i think the titans pick off the colts.

gut feel

jil

7. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I don't like the idea of hoping they sit starters so we can beat them. I'd rather play them full force. If we can't beat them with Peyton, then we don't deserve to beat them.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The Colts have Walter Payton now?! What the hell, not fair.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Zombie running backs FTW!..??

On a seroius note, talk about a huge test of our defense. We have done well against both the Pats and Saints high powered offenses, so this should be a fun one.

10. MondayMiracle40-37OT

Colts play the Titans, Broncos, and Jaguars for the next three games!!!!! If we want any team to beat Indy, we must be rooting hard for DENVER!!!!! Reason is, is because, the Colts can knock Tennessee out of the playoff run and hurt Jacksonville's chances for the wild card!!!! Denver will get one of the wild cards, it's an absolute given. So for this week, go Colts. Next week, go Broncos!!!!

11. jetsflyinginjersey

I really think if we put pressure on Manning, we can halt that Colt's offense. We stopped the Saints, why can't we stop the Colts? The game will be decided by our offense.

12. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I was listening to something yesterday that said the new coach is alot like Dungy in that he couldn't give a crap less about going undefeated. It's all about the playoffs. If they have shit locked up, guys will sit.

If our D can play like they played last night, I honestly don't think it would matter anyway. Knocking the Titans off of 10-0 was sweet. Imagine how sweet it would be to kill a 14-0 run?

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

True, now you jsut have to wonder if its the new Coach or manning running things up in Indy. I would guess Payton will not sit all that much unless he wants to.

14. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

If Indy loses one before us and the Bengals continue to win, Indy will HAVE to win our game to guarantee home-field advantage I think, so actually having them be undefeated at the time betters our chances that the coaches sit Peyton if we start putting hats on him

15. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'd rather see the Titans beat the Colts and then lose to someone else. That's win/win.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Unless its us beating the colts, I hope both they and the Saints make it to the superbowl undefeated and the Old dolphags cry all the way through the game.

17. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

i have had the same view for a while. at the same time, it is very hard to go undefeated, as the colts are no 2007 patriots, they have come very close to losing many games.

that being said, the jets have the #1 passing defense, the reason we have the #1 defense in the nfl. our weakness is our run defense due to not having jenkins. the colts do not have a good running game. basically what im saying is that the jets match up extremely well against the patriots, and have the best shot at ruining their perfect season. no doubt i'll still be rooting for the titans to get that task done.

18. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

How about we beat Tampa in 2 Sundays and then we beat the Falcons at home the week after that...and then we worry about whether the Colts rest their starters.:wink:

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

if we need people to sit starters to win games and make the playoffs thats a pretty empty victory for me. If we cant beat the colts with their starters whats the point of making the playoffs.

20. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I'll say one thing. Can't Fucking Wait to see our Revis and Savior take on Reggie Wayne. That's gonna be a battle!