Just got the "hard hat tour" email

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fozzi58, Nov 17, 2009.

1. KSJets

KSJets New Member

The guy I spoke with told me I would get a confirmation email, but he said he wasn't sure when I would get it...lol. I'm assuming there may be an issue there with the confirmation emails.

Honestly, I would prefer to get two tickets to a game next year. I already have tickets this year.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

LOCATION: Please park in Lot 15 of the current stadium (between Gates C and
    D). There will be a staff member present to direct you up to the 50 Club which is
    where the tour will begin.

3. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I think I'll pass on the Hard Hat Tour and wait for the Free Booze and the Flight Crew Tour.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ill bet they had someone there pitching jets gear didnt they! we will all stop so you have time to peruse the jets merchandise in this specially setup temporary jets memorabilia tent!

to those that have gone or are going... how many people were there when you went? just how ugly was it as far as having to beat the sales guys off?

this whole thing really is showing the jets to be a fucking shame and a mess. the more i read about all of the bs they are doing the more i think they really arent going to sell this place out. and the fact they are giving away free tickets shows that whoever it was that said there arent 80k jets fans in the area was right.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

is it wrong being a die hard jets fan my whole life,but i want this to new stadium to fail??

6. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

Youre getting tickets to a 2010 game? I might rather have that than the bengals game I chose. And, did you go today?

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its a shame, but i feel the same way.

i blame the ganggreen for ruining the jets. if not for this site i may be another one of those people who dont know and dont care. just going through football season dumb and happy.

bah i cant blame petro... its the INTERNETS fault!!!!!

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The person i spoke to on the phone the other day said the tickets were to a game next season but he was wrong. I did go today and got 2 tickets to the Bengals game this season.

9. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Wow ...what a sham ....they do say 2010 tickets (bengals game lands in 2010) .....way to rope people in ..ha

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Im giving a tour of my bathroom in exchange for two tickets. PM me your email if interested.

11. mst3000

mst3000 Member

How was the tour? Was it a hard sell on the club seats, or was it just a low pressure tour of the stadium? Did you need work boots, and did they make you wear hard hats?

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Actually the tour was great. No hard sell or soft sell. Just a tour and people willing to answer any questions we might have.
    The giants were giving tours also.

Hardhats goggles and orange vests were handed out and to be returned after. Workboots were requested to be worn but i saw most wearing sneakers.

Have to say the stadium is beautiful. Funny how small the field looks when your standing next to it.
    I was able to see me new seats and was pretty impressed with the view. We are in sec 221 sorta in the endzone as it just starts to turn but the view is still pretty good.
    As much as i hate the new stadium for losing my old seats i have to admit it's pretty nice.

Jets exit from locker room is right where the enter the field. No more tunnel to walk through. Just out the door and on the field. Pretty cool.

We were told that 10 days after the last game of the season the old stadium will be knocked down so no parking problems for next season.

13. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I just received the email as well but was not offered any free tix...dont think its worth going at this point.

I must be on the second class citizen list.

14. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I dropped my season tix after one year at the Meadowlands.

Today I got an email and a phone message inviting me to this tour. They must be getting desperate. Good.

15. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Really? It's the Meadowlands, when was the last year it wasn't a labyrinth to get into the lot? (Xanadu, etc)

16. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

I went on saturday.....the new stadium is amazing.....

the bar is huge inside :)

anyways, you either can get tickets for atlanta (which i chose) or Cinncinati.....it's worth an hour of your time for free tickers

17. mst3000

mst3000 Member

I went yesterday. The tour was fine, but at the end of the tour, they were like, ok, if you have any questions, let us know, we'll see you later! So we stood around for a sec, wondering where our tickets were, then I overheard some other people from the group asking around for the tickets too. Apparently we all wanted tickets to the Bengals game, but it was sold out, so they took our names and would allegedly have tickets for us for the Falcons game. The whole thing was kinda shady, as if they were hoping people would just leave thinking they'd get the tickets in the mail or something. It's a good thing we asked, otherwise we'd have been SOL. It sounds like other people got their tickets given to them at the end of the tour?

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Seriously, are we really surprised at BS like this?

The JETS FO has been nothing short of a sham between the Favre BS and the PSL's it really doesn't shock me anymore.

19. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

I went on the tour the Wednesday before the panthers game with my cousin. When my cousin called the woman he talked with asked him which game we would like tickets to, he said Panthers. We went on the tour and they did the same thing you described, but we found the guy giving out the tickets although he told us that the only games were available were the falcons or bengals even though they asked us if we wanted the panthers game over the phone. It did seem kind of shady like you said, but I don't want to complain too much because they are free tickets.