Here's why we lost in a nutshell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Nov 15, 2009.

1. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

no no no The real reason is we're THE SAME OLD FRIGGEN JETS

2. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Shotty is a feaking idiot. He is f#(k1ng up Sanchez as well as our offense. TJ was running well. No reason not to stick with, especially with Sanchez propensity to throw picks. Which ultimately lost the game...for the third time.

See here: http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=50037

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

... I've been saying this since last year...

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The offensive Coordinator has to go.

i can't believe the inconsistencies, and people think this is tolerable.

He is not helping this offense.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

No you are an idiot for making a thread called pull Sanchez. That still holds true.

6. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

Here is why we lost why do a trick play in teh first period and change teh tone of the game nd end up playing from behind? we lost because we have a retarded o-cord. that is why we lost

7. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

That is just crap. The Jets lost because they did not hold on defense in the final drive. Period. First couple wins we had we did. This one we didnt. Not running the ball as much as you want them to had almost nothing to do with this defeat. In fact, Sanchez needs to throw more.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup. How many of the drop backs had Sanchez standing in the pocket for 4 and 5 seconds, instead of utilizing some quick slants, and the flats.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i miss quick slants, and play action.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The offense is progressing as the season advances, the D is regressing. Who is to blame? Seriously we lost this game yesterday because the D extended their vacation an extra 30 minutes and then laid down in the biggest spot of the game with the lead. If not for the performance of the O in leading the Jets back from an 11 point 2nd half deficit this game would have been a blowout.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

What game were you watching? Our d outright sucked the entire first half they let the JAGS controll the game at the point of attack and roll all over us limiting the first half touches by the O in the process. The last time Sanchez and the O left the field the Jets were leading the game. This loss was clearly on the D which sucked.

The opening play was designed because something was on tape that we could exploit and the play was practiced all week. It was a low risk play because there were three outcomes a huge play, an incompletion or if it's picked off you have essentially an early punt with little harm done. The reason the third option became a huge issue was the D came on the field flat and unprepared to tackle. That is the reason this game was lost.

Shotty may well be a moroon of epic proportions and has no business being an NFL coach and probably would creep me out if he was coaching my kids in pee wee football. That said he wasn't even close to the reason we lost this football game.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

maybe the D is starting to miss Jenkins.

or if Hollywood Rhodes checked over to jimmy leonhard he plays Lewis correctly. When i saw Jimmy signal over and get no response I felt so bad for him... he knew what was coming.

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Nutshell? Rookie coach is in over his head, rookie QB is in over his head. There it is

14. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

We lost because we do not have a bonafide cornerback on the other side of Revis. Lowery and Lito both suck.

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I still maintain the OC is good. Our areas of poor execution yesterday were at the QB position, AGAIN (2 INTS with one being pathetic); a stupid fumble, AGAIN, and the D folding when it mattered most, AGAIN.

Bottom line: We figured out a way to lose another game that we should have won.

16. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

That is definitely the bottom line. I'm kind of happy I didn't have great expectations for the season.

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Well I must say that I did not visit the site yesterday just so I would cool down after the loss and look at it objectively:

1) As much as I want BS to be replaced and you guy's know that I do, he was not to blame for yesterday's loss, yes he called some bad plays but this should not surprise anyone at this point.

2) There is no way the defense should have let them move the ball down field, especially after a 16 play drive that gave them time to rest, so I put this squarely on the defense.

3) I don't know how many of you guy's heard Dan Fouts point out that on the big play against Rhodes, the crowd was so loud that Leohnard was trying to signal to Rhodes to back up but he could not hear him, ironic that Rex calls the fans out to cheer and it contributes to blown coverage on defense.

Overall I still want BS to be fired because he is not going to develop MS, he is below average as an OC, if we ran a basic ground and pound offense we would be very hard to beat because this team has talent on the offensive side of the ball and the play action would kill the opposing teams.

The defense needs an outstanding pass rusher, and I thought Rex actually managed the game very well.

But this loss is on the D. :up:

18. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

YUP.... I'm consistently saying this after losses...

Bottomline...

We have an OC who gets too cute at times.....

I don't hate Shotty - And hopefully when this team is ready to compete his Cutesy Style and our talent intersect but, last year ans this year, the guy just doesn't Pound and Ground when it's time.

19. takrew

takrew New Member

Substitution made.... post fixed.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I am still pissed that Rex puts Lito Sheppard on Mike Sims-Walker on that play where he scores the TD. He's their top guy right now, where's Revis? Covering washed up Holt?