17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm waiting for a call back now, I'm going to see whats available and I'll post any info I get.

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

JETS PSL Non-Prem Seats only 70% Sold

NFL Jets Broaden Ticket Sales for New Stadium, Cut Some Prices
    Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Aaron Kuriloff

Oct. 28 (Bloomberg) -- The New York Jets will open ticket sales for the National Football League team?s new stadium to the general public Nov. 1, while cutting prices on some premium seats by as much as 50 percent.

The team has sold about 70 percent of non-premium seats in the new stadium, which opens in 2010, to existing season-ticket holders, Matt Higgins, executive vice-president of business operations, said in an interview.

The Jets are cutting prices for mezzanine club seats, which account for 7,000 of about 80,000 seats in the new stadium, by between 20 percent and 50 percent. Seats in the corners will drop to $195 from $400, while the most-expensive ?Prime? seats will decline to $395 from $500.

The new prices also apply to ticket plans already purchased, so those customers will receive the same discount, Higgins said.

Prices for seat licenses, one-time charges for the right to buy season tickets, won?t change.

3. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

4. MadBacker Prime

The continuation-

"The Jets will share the new $1.6 billion stadium with the New York Giants, as they do in the existing Giants Stadium next door.

Lower Price

Lowering prices in the mezzanine may prompt some fans to move from the end zone in the lower bowl, which requires a $5,000 seat license and a $120 ticket, to a comparable seat in the club that?s near the corner of the sideline for the same $5,000 license fee and $195 a ticket, said Thad Sheely, Jets vice president for stadium development.

?So they?re upgrading their location and they?re upgrading their experience for only $75 more,? he said.

The Jets are also experimenting with selling tickets through the social networking site Facebook. The teams? fans on the Web site can buy tickets through a presale on Oct. 30.

?For the 2010 inaugural season, we want to be sold out,? said Sheely, adding that fans gave the team an edge during this season?s 16-9 victory over the New England Patriots. ?We saw the impact that had at the New England game.?

5. johnf0614

johnf0614 New Member

I have tickets in the lower bowl endzone. To me, to pay an extra $750 per season per ticket for an opportunity to sit in a lounge if it rains or snows, is not worth it. But thats just my opinion

6. johnf0614

johnf0614 New Member

The "reasonable" increase will be for anyone except coaches club, correct?

7. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

So once we figure out what accounts for "non-premium" seats, you can figure out how many seats are still unsold for the new stadium.

8. longsufferingjetsfan

There are 9,500 premium seats, leaving at least 30% of remaining 70,000 seats unsold are at least 21,000 seats -- that have to be mostly PSLs as Upper Deck is estimated at least 90% sold out.

9. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

I upgraded my lower level corner seats to mezzanine corner seats. It's the view that I have now in the current stadium and it's what I wanted originally. Since I couldn't get the $4k PSL's, I was happy to be able to get these. The price is high, but like somebody said it's all unncessary spending anyway.

I would be very happy with either seat, but I'm very excited about these seats now!

BTW, I was offered any of the corners as low as row 4.

10. MadBacker Prime

Congrats!!!

What row where you in the lower level?

Did you call your rep or vice versa??

#3850 MadBacker Prime, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  11. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Thanks.
    I was row 24 in lower level.

I called my rep.

12. MadBacker Prime

Interesting fact-

I just spoke with my rep and with the new discounted club seats they aren't going by seniority.

Basically it's up to "you" the current ticket holder to call.

I'm happy where I am but I bet there are a ton of people that would've went for the club corners with higher seniority under the new pricing.

Basically the Jets took a huge shit in the bed on this one.

They should have went back through the list if they were doing any price reductions, I just feel bad for those who did want but opted out and now this.

Does this pertain to anyone here??

13. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

But they opened the ticket purchases up to the public, so anyone can buy anything available now. I think at this point, they'll sell the club seats to whoever's interested.

14. MadBacker Prime

Not until Sunday.

Season ticket holders only until then.

Wow 4 whole days!!

If I were a Jet fan who was in that section and was priced out and now they are priced back in and they aren't calling, I dunno-

BS-

15. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

They did sell a decent amount of those seats in the Coaches Club auction. Probably enough that they don't want to roll back prices.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Bob Barker on the original "Price Is Right" show:

"Mary Higgins, come on down!"

18. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

If there is any PSL that may go up in value it is the $5000 Club Corners with access to all of the same clubs (if that is what you are looking for) and $195 ticket prices.

It's really gonna be a have more (Clubs holders) and have less (Psl's) and the UD after a few years. If they ever sell out and there is a deep playoff run, then everyone will want to be a Jet fan until things turn again (as they will) it's all a gamble.

If they were trying to do this in 1999 after ( or right before) the Denver game it might have been a different story, maybe not.

But if the new place really is the new Best Little Bordello in NJ (as 227 has pointed out) for raking in cash, I guess a lot of long time season ticket holders have been rode hard and put away wet one too many times over the years and are worn out and smart enough to keep a safe distance from a long term contract.

And a lot of new blood will have the opportunity to be taken for a ride.

Hard to imagine if it goes another decade or two or three without a championship or maybe a lifetime? I hope not.

#3858 jets&rushfan, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  19. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Win or lose, it's still fun to go to the games. Sure it's expensive, but what isn't. If this is what you like, then it's worth the money.

20. MadBacker Prime

I'm with you brother!!

We should tailgate next year---- :beer: