Eagles interested in Abe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsVilma28, Feb 24, 2006.

1. lightning

lightning Active Member

i'd let them keep the 3rd rounder just to keep owens as well

2. tyler698869

tyler698869 New Member

What in the world would we want TO for? We aren't winning anything next year. So why add him. A guy who before last season complained while being on a team that was in the SuperBowl playing with an All pro QB in McNabb, what would he do in our situation. I'm sure TO in NYC would tone it down and wouldn't complain about being on a team that is rebuilding, while either gimpy Pennington or undersized Brooks is throwing him the ball. Not to mention all the money he'd want that we don't have. Let TO be a cancer somewhere else. let him go to KC with Herm. I can't wait to hear what he says about Trent Green. Let's see, he said Jeff Garcia was gay, Mcnabb was an Uncle Tom, so would he start saying about Trent Green? I can read the article in Playboy now, according to TO, Trent Green is a Klan member and that's why he isn't throwing TO the ball enough.

3. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Hell No TO is cancer

4. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

They didnt give up a 1st for TO - we arnt getting it for Abe.

5. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Don't be such a darksider, this team is making offseason improvements, we should be very good contenders next year.

6. kuzdav

kuzdav New Member

Waiting for him to be released makes more sense.

7. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Pass the dutchie bro were not contenders. We're rebuilders and TO could hurt that and make us worse. We dont even have a quarterback. Penny I dont believe will be healthy next year, we probably wont draft a quarterback this year and none of the free agents are that good. Screw TO, Id do Abe for their 1st, however I like that deal with the Redskins the most.

8. RobA

You had one bad year due to injuries. Stay healthy + a few great offseason moves = NYJ in 06

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don't see the Eagles trading for Abe. There has been no talk of that in Philly whatsoever. Its just not there style. As for the Redskins rumor, its a little more plausible that they would be interested in Abe but no way in hell we get a 2nd 3rd and next years 1st. Besides there cap is in worse shape than ours.

10. BIG COUNTRY

I know we had injuries but I dont see Penny getting over his injury. We dont have any playmaking recievers or a sure fire #1 reciever. Coles is good but hes not a #1. Most of our o-line will be cut or traded. Our o-line wasnt very good either when healthy last year. kendall and Fabini are gone and Mawae might be gone as well. We dont have any runningbacks that stand out. I love Curtis but his best days are behind him. Askew is starting for the first time.

On defense we lose Ty Law who was our top cornerback. We also will soon probably lose Abe which takes away most of our pass rush. We need a true NT which isnt easy to get. We also might need another starting caliber linebacker for the 3-4. Not to mention Barrett isnt a very good cornerback.

Our cap is also killing us. It was the Steelers in 06 and all I kno is we have pretty much no shot. id like to be wrong and I love Mangini but I dont see us winning it.

11. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

:rolleyes: not happening.

12. RobA

Penny won't be starting at QB next year, draft or FA can take care of that. I think our recievers are plently effective, with Coles, JMac, and Cotch, all they need is a good QB. We can patch up the o-line with a few picks/signs too. We can patch up all the holes we need too, its a long offseason, I feel very confident for the future in 06, more so than I did going into 05, which was very confident as well.

13. RobA

Do any jet fans actually have any faith in their team around here?

14. BIG COUNTRY

I have faith and I see success down the road but most of us arent crazy, weve been Jets fans for a long time and we know our team easily dissapoints us.

15. Ikeyman3

Ikeyman3 New Member

ROTFL at RobA's sig.

Jay Fiedler LOLOLOLLOLOL!

16. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:rofl2: :drunk: mc catchless won't catch much of anything except a cold, even if stickum was legal!:lol: