Jets are no lock to win this Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Oct 16, 2009.

1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I'm going to this game, and I sure as hell expect to keep my undefeated Jets game attendance record!

2. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I was scared of Miami. I am not scared of Buffalo. If the Jets lose this game, they are in the bottom 10 of the league.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Tomorrow would be a real good opportunity for this team, particularly its coaching staff and defense, to show us exactly what they're made of. While losing to NO is understandable, giving up 21pts in the 4th qtr in Miami isn't acceptable and brought back memories of the SOJ's.

If this team finds a way to lose at home tomorrow against the Bills, then they will lose all credibility this season. Particularly Von Ryan and his vaunted defensive prowess is on the line tomorrow as it got gashed repeatedly by a wildcat on national television.

What's on the line tomorrow? Only the credibility of the 2009 New York Jets..

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I thought all games were guaranteed before they are played? Am I missing something? Really? The game is decided on Sunday?

5. honestcl

honestcl Member

Question for you. When was the last time the Jets won a 4pm EST kick off? Quite shocking when you trace it back.

Clue: the losing streak is in double figures!! Yet our 1pm EST kick off win streak is also double figures. Just make all our kick offs 1pm and we'll be fine

I for one have wagered ?20 on Buffalo just in case it all goes wrong. It's ?20 I'm happy to lose in exchange for a Jets win.

6. quadcityjetsfan76

"Any Given Sunday" There are no locks to win. Some bets are just better than others.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Rex Ryan said this is a must-win.

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

As long as the Jets dont overlook the Bills and show up prepared to play they will win.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I agree there are no gimme games. If you don't prepare or play hard you will lose. Jets fans assume (and are correct) that the Jets have prepared well and will play hard tomorrow, thus they should win.

10. finfresh

finfresh New Member

IMO, Buffalo is the worst team in the NFL...at least bottom 3. Trent Edwards is horrible, the D should look good. 30-10 Jets.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

There are no gimme games but this is as close as it gets i feel. The Bills have nice running game but there O line isnt close to the phins o line. They are also injured on defense especially their lb which means our run game should be doing well and they wont have much pass rush. I think i read somewhere they are using a LB from the practice squad. I feel this is going to be a nice bounce back win for the jets and it should keep us undefeated at home.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea i thought browns were the worst team until they beat the bills haha.

13. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

If the Bills try to run a wildcat formation, I predict it will blow up in their face. While the Jets have to respect the running game, they've gotten to Marshawn before (held him to a career low last year), and really, I just don't see how the Bills are going to stop the run. Kyle Williams can't do it on his own, and the gut should have open holes all day. Our line has done a TERRIBLE job of getting to the second level to occupy linebackers and if that doesn't change this week I would almost say there's little hope for the running game. Games in shit weather are won in the trenches and the fact is the Jets should dominate both sides of the ball. I'm saying SHOULD not WILL but c'mon man.

Is it sad I feel better about the fact that the Bills have Edwards at QB instead of UFL all-star J.P. Losman. Somehow the Jets always made Losman look great except for the final 30 seconds of last years home game, but they get to Edwards.

14. finfresh

finfresh New Member

Exactly...There are so many issues with the Bills right now...3 points against the Cleveland Browns. Again, the Cleveland Browns.

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

No game is a lock to win in the NFL... it's why they play the games, otherwise we'd just be doing these computer generated turn-outs. Please tell us something we don't already know... :rolleyes:

16. Lamb Jones

Lamb Jones New Member

You can take certain stats[1vs4o'clock] and throw them out the window. Do you really believe the jets play better @ 1? If you do your the kind of person that believes because it rained 10 sundays in a row it's going to rain next sunday.
    And whats with this 20 bet? is that 20 times or $20 dollars? Why bet agaist your team for a stinking $20. I know about betting with your head instead of your heart but for a lousy 20 bet a different game. Your no jet fan. Think about it, your really not.

17. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

It doesn't take balls to talk sh*t. Anyone can do that. Lets see them back it up. I'm not a big fan of big mouths. Show it on the field. Where it counts.

18. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

You're not alone. I'm conerned about this game as well. We looked like crap on Monday night. Until I see us out on the field, playing well, I'm going to be concerned.

19. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

I say bills win this game 16-13, our team is in for a serious downfall

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We are never a lock to win.
    After the last 2 weeks i think this team is out for blood.