George Mason Giant

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by penny10jet, May 2, 2006.

1. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Jai(dont know if im spelling that right) Lewis just signed with the New York Giants. I dont know if you saw the ESPN special the other day but im sure you know he has a huge Antonio Gates-like body and has been working out to be a NFL TE for the last month or so. He hasn't played football since High School, but neither did Antonio Gates. Im not saying he will be the next Antonio Gates because quite frankly he just doesn't have the speed, but why not take the chance. Antonio Gates turned Brees into a great QB and made the Chargers a playoff contender for free. He was never drafted or anything. So why not? If hes just not cut out for it we can cut him after training camp. In a situation like this the reward is way higher than the risk.

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

3. Hazardous Waters

He signed with the Giants, not the Jets

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

You make Jesus angry.

[​IMG]

5. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Im saying if we had taken a risk on someone who could possibly be a playmaker then if it didnt pan out we could just cut him without a big penalty

6. The Offseason

The Offseason New Member

We did. Brad Smith.

7. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Come on God - can't we get a 10 minute break from stupidity on this board? Even after the draft it's still all over the place...

8. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Tell me how this idea is stupid-its actually quite simple-the risk is you lose a roster sport for training camp and the reward is you can possibly get a playmaking TE who could be the next Antonio Gates-i dont understand why thats so stupid

9. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

yeah because lightning always strikes twice....shoudlve drafted a QB in the 6th rd too, couldve been the next Tom Brady

10. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

or maybe the next matt hasselbeck, or Marc Bulger, maybe Trent Green, Jake Delhomme, Mark Brunell, Brad Johnson, and maybe a guy named Kurt Warner. These are all guys who were ranked top 15 quarterbacks this year. So by saying that drafting high quality quarterbacks in late rounds is very rare is completely wrong-but nice try-so saying that another guy cant be as good or even close to as good as Antonio Gates is a complete fallacy

11. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Oh yeah, you just mentioned tons of super bowl championships right there. Brady alone has more than those guys combined. I hate Brady, but none of those guys are in Brady's league.

We should sign any basketball player who knows what a football looks like, theyre the next Antonio Gates

#11 PRPitbull, May 2, 2006
    Last edited: May 2, 2006
  12. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Clearly hes not just a basketball player-hes a guy who has perfect measurements for the position and is very athletic and has good hands-and yes it is a benefit that he knows what a football looks like

13. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

of course not. hes a basketball player. Antonio Gates was a former basketball player, didnt play football for 4 yrs, and turned out to be good THEREFORE, all former basketball players translate into pro bowl TEs. I gotcha, makes sense. Giants should cut Shockey because they got a basketball player on their team.

14. phatnols

phatnols Member

the guy ran a 4.95 40

I bet he doesnt even make the Giants roster but he will be on the practice squad.

then in yr 2 we will never hear of him agian..... actually scouts think he is a better tackle prospect than TE.

15. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Im not saying hes a guaranteed lock for the hall of fame, i dont even know if he will make the roster, but if the jets were to take a risk on a player similar to Lewis maybe it could pay off, maybe its something we should think about

16. k311

k311 Member

my team didnt seem to think he was that tough :)

17. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

haha very true