Saint (-7)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by slimjasi, Oct 1, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

if Lito and Strickland are out, I can't say I have faith in Drew Coleman to stop this passing attack.

2. realitybias

realitybias New Member

How the hell are you going to have "coverage downfield" when you have a starting CB and nickle back out?

Your blitzes will get thrown through like swiss cheese!

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

That's why games are played on the field, not on paper.

4. nolafan33

nolafan33 New Member

Who's the backups for the guys who are out?

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Lowery and Coleman.

We worked out Cory Ivy but didn't sign him.

Who is your backup for Drew? After that widdle tiny man get hit he'll need some timeouts.

6. nolafan33

nolafan33 New Member

Mark Brunell, who actually looked pretty good replacing Drew at times. He obviously isn't Drew, but you get what I mean.

Also, I wanted to create a thread on this, but for some reason your allowed to curse and crap like that, but you aren't allowed to make a new thread. Anyways, I keep reading Revis will shut down Colston. I don't think that's the case, as Revis probably won't be covering Colston everyplay unless he follows the teams #1 guy. The Saints have so many packages Colston lines up everywhere on the field, I'd be he lines up in the slot more than out wide.

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Saints are going to win this game, I think the score will be 31-20 Saints at this point the more complete team, passing, running and defense are the Saints, the Jets are not a complete football team yet, we have the defense and the passing, but no running, so while I would love to see the Jets go undefeated, I think this will be a loss for them.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm only going by what I have seen so far.

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

One of the great things about Revis is that he plays both sides of the field, so if the Jets so choose they can have Revis follow Colston around the field. I do think that with Strickland and Sheppard out, the Jets will have Revis take a turn covering a few different guys though depending on formation.

I wish that someone with more time than me would create a thread listing all of the Jets fans who have already declared this game lost. Considering that this team has won 3 impressive games I'm stunned at the total lack of confidence.

As for the -7 line, it might creep up a little bit with these injuries.

9. davidstvz

davidstvz New Member

It's not that the Jets definitely lose this, it's just more likely the Saints win it. It could go your way though, and if it does, the victory will be all the sweeter for you.

Aren't those teams kinda one dimensional this year focusing mostly on pass (texans, pats) or run (titans)?

10. GreenMachine

Texans have a great passing game and Slaton. Pats have a great passing game and _insert running back here_

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's called being a football fan not just a homer, I think any true football fan can discern the differences in the teams we have played, and the Saints are by far the most complete team we have faced, do I want the Jets to go undefeated? Yes. Do I think they will? no. It does not mean I have no confidence in my team, it means I'm realistic and smart enough to understand the dynamics of a football season, which we have all been watching for quite some time.

12. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

seems as if the spread was wrong!

Should have been 10+

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

What's your point?

The game is over, we gave congrats because most of the Saint trolls that came though here were respectable.

Having a bad day or something?

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah, they happened to not figure out the 14 defensive points the saints scored...

15. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

Here come the excuses :rofl:

Our defense is damn good! You know the one that you all said was garbage

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Not me. I always liked the Saints. I think they are an underrated team and may very well be the best team in the NFL. But I hate arrogant people like Belishit.

17. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

I cant wait until Bilishit come to town with that vanilla defense they have. We will torch them. And of course you guys showed a blue print on how to defend the Pats. So please believe we will be bringing the heat.

18. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

First off...many of us thought the saints had a good team. Beatable as our defense showed..but good.

Secondly..why do you wait 3 days to comeback here with your chest sticking out...fixing a levy or something?

19. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

What happened to your "highest powered offense in the league"? Thats what I thought, give our rookie QB a little more time in this league and that game is an easy win for us. But it certainly is big of you to come back and try to gloat.

20. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

not on our defense. Did you see the tight coverage by our corners ? Both of the Mannings could'nt have made that fit!