I Still Love This Defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KiLLaH87, Oct 4, 2009.

1. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

10 points to the best offense in the NFL. no pace no sheppard no strickland, and still kicking ass. fuk you schottenheimer i hope you die

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You should love the whole team. Sanchez is a rookie. Good lord.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

How could you not still love our D?

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Our D was awesome today. I feel really good about us this year. Our Rookie QB was bound to have one of these

Wait till we get Pace, Strickland, and Lito back. We are a contender.

5. e-x

e-x New Member

"still" makes it sound like they did something bad

today made me love them even more

6. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

although they could improve on how much yardage they give up, its a little to much, but its points that matter and theyre awesome at that

7. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

I can't say enough good things about our defense.

They gave our offense MORE than enough opportunities to go out and win the game.

8. KerryRose

KerryRose New Member

I'm happy with Reeves and Rhodes.

9. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

i'd like to see more outta rhodes.

10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

They might be the best defense in the league with Pace. I really think Pace is better than Bart Scott (he's most definitely better as a pass rusher)...our LB corps will be best in the league with him....Bryan Thomas has been playing great.

11. Kenny

Kenny New Member

steelers I believe have the best group overall.. There OLB's create havoc

12. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Pace just seems different than Scott because of their different positions. Pace will excel in the pass rush and coverage while Scott will plug up the holes inside. That being said, having Pace, Scott, and Harris on the field at the same time is something I can't wait to see.

13. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Well the thing about Pace is his speed...we don't have ANY speed rushers... Bryan Thomas is probably the closest thing we have to one...Scott and Harris aren't slow but they're def not speed rushers.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he gave away 14 pts off of turnovers? I didn't know he was the QB.

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Defense is great, Best i've seen in a long ass time. We lost this game because of Sanchez, He's a rookie and he finally showed it today.

16. davidstvz

davidstvz New Member

The way some of you think, we Saints fans shouldn't like our O anymore because someone finally stopped it (in favorable weather).

The Saints D is better than most give credit for. Sanchez is still as good as he looked in the last few weeks.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ Favorable weather? You mean a Dome?

18. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

No he didn't, but his play calling wasn't the best I've seen out of him. Tiny slants aren't going to get us a win against the #1 offense in the NFL. Passing on third and short also isn't the best idea, that too with empty backfield. Im not mad about Sanchez. I would have loved it if he played like he did the last 3 wks, but not surprised he had this game. Saints D is good, so I hope Sanchez bounces back strong next wk against the phish. I think he'll have a big game next wk.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ There were runs on 3rd and 2 that didn't work either. That's execution.

I wonder if the Jets ran it on the majority of 3rd and shorts and didn't execute Schotty would get killed for only running it and not passing.

I think Schotty will never not get crucified after a loss. I think the players didn't execute well, because I remember a drop here and there on 3rd down too. That makes it the right call, but bad execution.

Also, when Sanchez has done as well as he has done on 3rd down this season - i'll put the ball in his hands every time until my running game shows me it can handle its business. I don't think Schotty had a bad playcalling game. The players didn't execute it.

Was it a great gameplan? No, but for anyone to call it "bad" is also missing the point. It was in the middle. He had about 5 plays I thought could be different out of 60 snaps. Thats a 90% scheme i thought was fine. Seems to be about par for Schotty if you ask me. but the execution was bad today on that side of the ball - I chalk it up to the Dome's home field advantage.

GayShark Stadium doesn't have a homefield advantage. Its a home away from home for the Jets fans. I can't wait to drink Dolphin blood next week.

20. The_W

The_W Banned

I just hope people would listen to you more Mick. You're one of the most knowledgable posters on this forum.
    I hate it when threads titled with "Fire BS", "#6 is a bust, we would've won with Clemens starting", "The SOJ is back", etc. start to appear after every fucking loss.
    Did anyone think we would be going 16-0 for the regular season, alone 4-0 for the first quarter of the season? No, most experts had us going 0-4 and even I predicted a 2-2 start.
    Come on people this was Sanchez fourth start as a pro, he is still a rookie, bound to make rookie mistakes. Today he had two of them, and they were big ones, giving up 14 pts in the process.
    And they play calling was ok, like Mick said. Sure there was a couple of questionable calls, but the execution wasn't perfect either with the dropped passes, and the OL's lack of generating a push on rundowns.

Now everybody just calm down, and prepare to humiliate Miami on national television. I for one can't wait to see Pace back, and the rest of the team as my excitment for this team and this season has not dropped one bit.