The Refs Sucked this Game!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Oct 4, 2009.

1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Again, how do you equate saying the officiating sucks is saying it determined the game? Do you need me to purchase Hooked on Phonics for you?

2. Saint Smack

Saint Smack New Member

Those announcers were the biggest Jets homers I have ever heard. Sorry.

3. HarveyTheJetFan

HarveyTheJetFan New Member

I saw them miss a huge holding call on Jenkins that caused a big run. Refs sucks in general protects receivers and QBs way too much.

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

are you sure your not a patriots fan in disguise?

5. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

........................Jets..............Saints
    PENALTIES: 3 ................. 7
    Penalty Yards 21................ 70

Just saying. Not what I would call home cooking.

#45 kingsnake, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

A Couple of shitty calls and Non-calls but thats the way it is alot of the time. Cant blame them for this one.

7. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Can we ban ref threads? seriously, refs blow calls every quarter of every game. get over it.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

To anybody who thinks the officials were awful in this game please and I beg you please watch the replay of the Pats/Ravens game and then tell me what you think of bad officiating. Brady pulled a move right of the Serie A (picked that one because of the notorious flopping) and actually kept a Pats drive alive. His little fake limp after not being touched is garbage. This call quite honestly may be worse than the "tuck rule"... it was quite possibly the worst call I've ever seen in my life ...ok the debacle in the Chargers/Broncos game was worse but this is up there. I nearly put my remote through my TV and I don't like Baltimore either... it was awful in every sense of the word.

9. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

the jets weren't good enough to win. not the refs fault.

this was a learning experience for the jets tho. i still feel confident.

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Hated the catch they gave that hit the ground. The holding calls are a product of the rule change that allowed OL men to extend their arms. Some games the refs allow interior holding by both teams some games they call them very tight. This game they allowed extention.

Loved the fact that the refs didn't call the tacky unsportsman penalities. Those heat of the moment actions that don't impact the play should not change the game. Anyone who watched the Georgia, LSU game on Saturday saw the worst example of this kind of game changing action by the refs. Fine the players don't change the game.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The refs blew 2 non-calls against the Saints in the first drive of the game and if anything missed a few calls that should've been on us later in the game.

The refs are NOT to blame for this loss, not even close.

12. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

This I agree with ... The Ref's didn't cost us the game, our offense did that .... BUT .... There sure seemed to be more than a few "NON" calls that surely could have helped us .... A couple of interference penalties that were obvious and no flags were thrown ....

13. 309'em

309'em Member

The Saints earned the win with the way their defense stopped the Jets but there were some missed calls. I thought there was definitely defensive holding on Sharper's TD - the Saints DB in the end zone clearly had his arm wrapped around the receiver's waist before the ball reached Sharper but that's no excuse for a poor throw by Sanchez.

14. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

The officiating was awful but it didn't cost us the game... the league does need to address this however....

15. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Definitely agree. Reffing was bad yesterday but the Saints got a few bad calls thrown their way too.

16. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Christ, all anyone is saying is that the refs sucked, not that they cost the Jets the game. They had shitty calls against the saints too.

Just saying.

17. Quack

Quack New Member

I'll just say this: Randall Gay was mugging receivers all day. He was not called a single time during the game. I don't know about holds or anything else, but that was something that I noticed. They let him get away with it early and never called him no matter how bad he was.

The interception was clean, though, so don't bring that up. He was in a zone on that play anywho.

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I've tried to impress this upon a number of folks in this thread, but apparently reading posts will only slow down their righteous judgment of Jets fans, so why bother.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The refs did miss a lot of calls yesterday, on both sides. I saw plenty of stuff the Jets could have been called for. It was just bad officiating, although it didn't lose us the game.