Sheppard and Strickland - OUT

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fr0zensm0ke, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

3 touchdowns

2. retthib

retthib New Member

Close enough

3. ........

........ Trolls

Seeing as the league leader in receiving TDs last year had 12, the difference between 3 and 6 seems rather significant.

4. retthib

retthib New Member

For every 4 catches he had a TD. Not bad for the 4th option, just learning the O, coming off a knee injury.

My point is Meachs stats alone may not scare you, but he is a weapon who can beat almost any CB w/ size and speed.

5. duketogo

duketogo New Member

I think we'll be ok. If the Bills defense could hang with NO for 3 quarters, we definitely can. Its going to be an exciting game!

6. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

It is really not that bad. It gives us a chance to see Lowery again. Remeber, he was a rookie last year and considering where we toook him in the draft he was ok. I am sure he has improved enough to be serviceable. Coleman will be fine in the slot. I don't think it will be as bad as we think.

7. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I look at this as a positive from our coaching staff. Instead of putting an injured player into the game and expecting his play to resemble a healthy performance we are letting a guy recover so that he can be productive later on.

8. davidstvz

davidstvz New Member

Meachem is like an inexperienced Henderson to some degree. His top speed is probably a tad lower, but he's big and very fast. He's also our best run-blocking wide receiver, so on "obvious" running plays you'll always see him lined up as the only wide out (usually wide right). Of course, every once in a while, we pass from that formation, but if Revis is covering him perhaps not. We snuck a TD on the Lions like that, but I doubt that will work as well on the Jets.

Don't forget wind was a factor there, and the Bills got a very good push from just their front four. The Bills had the perfect recipe to stop Brees, and it's not because they're so great. It's just how things matched up. Historically Brees has done very well against both the blitz and against man coverage. I'm not convinced at all that the Jets will do a better job than the Bills did last week (again not due to overall skill, but just the way the teams matched up plus weather).

#48 davidstvz, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Bingo.

I rather them sit out again then rushed back.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised this signing didn't happen. Either Ivy is done or Rex just knows how to get something out of guys Mangini couldn't. It's probably a little bit of both.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Seriously this needs to be quoted for awesomeness!

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

It may just be simple, like the guy had no training camp and is not in game shape. Looking at the big picture, Lowery is most likely the better option than an out of shape vet....... that and he could be done.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I was thinking more about coleman and whoever is the new dime back.

14. HOI

HOI Active Member

I'm kinda feeling that Brees is gonna shit all over Lowery multiple times tomorrow. You have to think they're gonna target him. Rex is gonna have no choice but to have Revis man - man on Colston all day.

15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

lowery gets burnt too much. most of the amazing plays he made last year were because he had to compensate for getting burnt on the same play, so hed come up with some diving effort. coleman im not so sure about either but i have less hard evidence against him i suppose. lowery scares me.

16. Drew

Drew Active Member

This.... this worries me.

17. HOI

HOI Active Member

I'm not going to pretend I know a ton about playing CB in the NFL...I actually know nothing about it but, when I watch Lowery it seems he plays "not to get burnt". It's liike he backs off worrying about getting torched which in turn gives the WR just enough space.

Just my $.02

18. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Pace isnt back till the Dolphins game.

19. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Your partially right. Lowery Is running with the receiver and is trying to keep pace, Then hes reacting to the Receivers body language or his head movement then reacting to the ball. I mentioned in another Post that he needs to get his head on a swivel. If he would look for the ball once and a while he might see he has the position on the receiver to come up with the pick. In the Tennessee Game all he needed to do was turn his head instead of reacting to Jackson and he may have batted that touch down away or came up with a pick! This week - The Learning curve part two!!!

20. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

These two being out is what will ultimately end up costing us the game. Revis can't cover all of them by himself.

Losing this game isn't the worst thing, though. It's an away, non-conference game. Out of all the games a team plays, these are the most expendable.