Your first great Jets moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DonnieIsTheKing, May 1, 2006.

1. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

I remember that season, I became a jets fan just before it started and I had to wait for my first jets biggest moment because that last and only win was more a relief than a great moment.

2. Boom Dawg

Boom Dawg New Member

Mine was when i was about 4 years old.....My dad has season tix and i've been going to games since i was about 4 and after every game the players would come outside the stadium and sign autographs for everyone. I remember this cause it was the first time i went and i met Mo Lewis his rookie year and i go to him somthing along the lines of "Can i have your autograph Daryl Strawberry" then every game after that he would remember me and when i saw him signin autographs for like 4 years he would tell me how he was gonna beat me up if i ever called him strawberry again

3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

i was playing nintendo 64 playing madden 1997 and i was scroll thought the teams and i liked Jets and Airplanes at the time (i was 4). I thought wow the Jets is a cool name thier my team and they will be my team till i die.

4. The U

The U Member

The 1997 loss to the Lions in Detroit. If we won this game we would have gone to the playoffs. Barry Sanders also rushed for 2000 yards this game. Leon Johnson threw an interception in the edzone on a hb pass.

5. rmallazzo

rmallazzo New Member

im an old timer, my favorte moment was obrien to walker in ot to bet miami. always great to beat miami.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That'll be 20 years this year. I hope they do something to celebrate that game. Maybe a halftime ceremony the day the Phins are in town

7. rmallazzo

rmallazzo New Member

telling me 20 years ago,crap i feel old.please dont tell me the years anymore.ha ha ha.

8. Murrell2878

I remember that game like it was yesterday. I actually have it on dvd. it was awesome!! but, yes it doesn't seem like it's been 20 years

9. rmallazzo

rmallazzo New Member

i hope you know some miami fans so you can show them that dvd.

10. Murrell2878

all the friends I had that were Miami fans started disapperaing during that 8-0 run we had over them. I don't know what their problem was :smile:

11. rmallazzo

rmallazzo New Member

got to go but i got a funny story for you . im such a sick jet fan when we one one game i went to arizona to watch that game,thats sick.

12. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

Mine is way too off the topic of football to go into but it was in 1980 and, in all honesty, grows more year after year. Fits of rage. The occasional tear of joy. Lot's of the other kind of tears though but anyway. I just wanted to say thanks for this thread, my friend. I wear very easily of repetitive threads but I've benn a fan long enough to know how it works. This much is true, though, I do love this team. The only consistancy my life has seen for the past 25+ years has been this team. JET fan for life.

13. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

That was the single greatest game of football I have ever seen. Td after td, back and forth, from both sides.... unbelievable !!!

But I must be a bit older that you, cuz I remember SB3.

14. Murrell2878

The funny thing is we shouldn't have won that game on that drive. We actually really should have lost. The KR (name escapes me right now) fumbled the opening kickoff of OT

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I was at the 1985 Monday night game vs the :finssuck: when Joe Willie's #12 was retired at halftime. My 1st night game & The whole place was insane. Great game and McNeil ran wild as the JETS beat the Fins.....

What I remember most was everyone chanting "JOE JOE JOE....." as he tried to make his speech. He had to pause a few times because it was so loud.

Left quite an impression on this eleven year old boy. :breakdance:

16. odessa14

odessa14 Banned

Hey I'm surprised no one mentioned this. But I think it was 2000, the miracle at the Meadowlands. Not one of my first memorys, but no doubt a good one, well one of my best.

17. NYislesgrl

NYislesgrl New Member

Mine would have to be when we all alone,game was playing in the background and had the house to oursel-
    oh you mean actual game highlights?

#37 NYislesgrl, May 1, 2006
    Last edited: May 1, 2006
  18. Phyr

Phyr Member

Same:beer: :beer:

19. MondayNightMiracle

MondayNightMiracle New Member

Monday night miracle

Ive Been a Jet Fan for about 7 Years now, I first became a Jet fan cause im from New York, and i just assumed i should be one. And after playing with the jets for 2 years on espn games i finally heard of a jet came coming up. It was a Monday night game between the jets and dolphins. I tuned in as the first quarter was winding down. And now i know i dont have to tell you guys how the rest turned out, But after that day i havent missed a Jet game in 5 years, and every year they come down to miami im there. I thank all those players for that performance they put on that night that for turning me into the hardcore jet fan i am today.
    :martin:

20. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

The whole 98 season, except the denver game of course