New Orleans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Blood, Sep 22, 2009.

1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Saints fans...appreciate the responses. I'm trying to wrap my head around being able to drink in public, and can only come up with one thought: fucking awesome. See you on Saturday.

2. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Great idea to have the JETS flag hanging out front! :up:

Decatur Street is in the French Quarter, connecting to Bourbon Street? Or is it just north or south of Bourbon Street?

3. erlovepuck

erlovepuck New Member

Yes, thanks all. This thread has been a great help. Johnny C we will see you Saturday night!

4. Ibleedgreen18

Ibleedgreen18 New Member

That's awesome that there is a jet-fan owned bar down here. I will definitely make it a point to frequent that bar now.

5. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Let me get this straight from the other thread:

1. Buy a plane ticket.

2. Then try to find a hotel room.

3. Then try to find tickets to the game.

:rofl2: Gotta love it!

Wish that I was coming down for the game, but I am just happy for all of those that are getting the chance to explore such a great historic town AND see a smokin hot Jets/Saints game. GO JETS!!! And may both teams stay injury free! :up:

6. retthib

retthib New Member

We have drive thru daiquiri shops on every corner. Not the best way to stop DWD. They hand you the daiquiri & the straw not actually inserted in the cup, so its not an open container. Once the straw is inserted, it becomes an open container. LOL.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Brilliant.... that is just pure genius. Drinking in public is nothing new as I live in Vegas but you guys definitely trump us with the drive through daiquiri shops.

The more I think about the more I wish I was going, the wife and I woulda hit up Commanders Palace and gotten some Alligator Cordon Bleu and crawfish gumbo. (ours in Vegas is no more) The BBQ shrimp is good as the main course but their turtle soup is amazing.

As for the guy who was talking about the fortune teller from the Bond movie... she was played by the very milfalicious Jane Seymour and her name was Solitare.

That movie was great... in fact one of our Patriots trolls got his handle from that movie... Baron Samedi... I miss him trolling up our board.

8. Scottso

Scottso Member

Uh, thats pretty cool. Can I buy one of them for the chick in ur avatar, and then insert my straw into her hahahaha(Beavis n Butthead laugh) that'd be cool...

9. retthib

retthib New Member

I knew me using the word, inserted, would get a reply. LOL

10. Johnny C

Johnny C New Member

Wow thats funny in all my time there I never realized if Decatur Street is north south east west of Bourbon Street all I know is that you stagger from Bourbon street 3 blocks towards the Mississipi River

11. retthib

retthib New Member

Directions are tricky around there, especially when I-10 East runs North & South & the westbank is on the east side the river & the eastbank is on the west side the river.

So technically speaking, Decatur St. would be to the east, I think. LOL

12. cassie96

cassie96 Member

LOL...that is perfect! Just found it on the map...just 3 blocks towards the river.

I was confusing it with Dauphine Street, which is one block from Bourbon Street.

OMG...there are so many fun things to see and do in that town...hope that everyone has a great weekend.

http://frenchquarter.com/index.php

13. cassie96

cassie96 Member

14. hammernnails

hammernnails New Member

Hey what are you doing over here??? Get back to the Saintsreport before I tell Andrus and Dan .....

15. hammernnails

hammernnails New Member

HAve fun down there Jets fans.... it is by far the best place to have a weekend football trip.. shake off that hangover with a nice coffee from Cafe Dumond (spelled wrong) but its over by the river ask anyone they will give you directions... then on your way to the Dome stop and get a Bloody Mary .... I swear there is some sort of voodoo magical hangover cure in the Dumond Coffee and the NOLA Bloody Mary... you can drink it on the street ... oh and be sure to try an Abita beer while out and about .. I am not sure what is in season but the turbo dog kicks like a mule and the whole line is worth a try(if you like beer).... Enjoy ... and heres to a game with no injuries!!

16. SaintsFanMan

SaintsFanMan New Member

SAINTS 4-0 JETS 3-1

17. cassie96

cassie96 Member

You need 3 more cups of coffee from Cafe Du Monde, you are not awake yet!:smile: It is:

JETS 4-0 Saints 3-1

18. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Shit! Did I sleep through the game?

19. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Of course not! The Saints fans just had too much fun in the French Quarter last night and they are confused!!! :shit:

20. just dave

just dave New Member

Folks, I enjoyed reading TGG board this week. The Jets and their Fans have a lot to be excited about this season and I wish you all the best (except today and any other day that it may conflict with the Saint's best interests.) I've esp. enjoyed listening to Rex's interviews and pressers. Here's to a good game and no injuries.