New Orleans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Blood, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Or like in the James Bond Movie you may wanna avoid parades with Tee Hee Johnson....

2. retthib

retthib New Member

Not sure of your age or interests, but they have an awesome bar inside of Harrahs called Masquerades that opens on Saturday nites. Club music, chics dancing on pedastals, the whole 9, no dress code, gambling tables, etc....pretty cool.

I know telling visitors to stay away from Bourbon is like pissin in the wind, but there are so many other cool bars & places to drink & eat besides Bourbon. Hotel employess can give the hotspots and if you can find a free outdoor festival or bands, thats always a good time.

Remember, we have no curfew, bars stay open as long as they are making money, so pace yourself. And dont feel bad about waking up and having a beer walking down the street to breakfast, you wont get looked at weird.

3. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Great idea!!!! :up:

Jets/Saints SB would be sweeeeeeeet!

4. cassie96

cassie96 Member

That would be him. Upon returning from your board, Jets n Boys announced that he was "borrowing" your av to increase the anatomical female awareness on TGG.

The av seemed to be an immediate success among the guys, in that, the thread turned from football, into praise for certain parts of the female anatomy. :rofl2:

Here is the link for Gretna Fest....the reviews are great & it looks like fun!

http://www.nola.com/festivals/index.ssf/2009/08/gretna_festival_has_grown_into.html

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

OK, 2 things here: You can walk down the street with a beer in your hand????? No open container tickets? Your bars don't have a closing time???? You have to be shitting me. please respond, I'll be there in a little over 48 hours, it sounds like I'm gonna love this town if these are true.
    Edit: How bad is the crime factor? Everybody seems to mention it. I've been in some of the worst neighborhoods in NYC (East NY, South Bronx, PCP spots in Harlem, etc.) looking to do some not nice things (this was in my more formidible years) so I think the whole crime factor is being overblown, no?

#66 guinness77, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

If you see any of these people.....

...GO THE OTHER WAY!!!!

[​IMG]
    Stole your Avatar?
    That piece of ass is so old it (s)ain't funny....:smile:

#67 Royal Tee, Oct 1, 2009
  8. Tennessee Saint

Tennessee Saint New Member

Great movie :smile:. The card fortune teller was hot.

I wouldnt worry about being unsafe personally. The french quarter is touristy.

#68 Tennessee Saint, Oct 1, 2009
  9. retthib

retthib New Member

As long as your beer is in a can or cup, you can walk anywheres. Just no bottles allowed on the streets. No curfew, Bourbon usually stays open till about 5am, some places dont ever close. Crime is bad in areas you have no business being in. Not too much random violence, but be safe. I mean dont walk down the street w/ a 1000 bucks in cash in ur hand. Use basic street sense & u will be fine. Yeah if you can be in NY and not make a scene and attract knuckleheads, you can do the sdame in NOLA.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey, where is that whorehouse that I saw in Easy Rider? The one with the chicks that like to drop acid? I want to go there.

11. retthib

retthib New Member

The guy got the avatar from my acct on saintsreport.com. Using the word stolen was a bit harsh, I didnt come to bash as I was told about his message where he acknowledged where he got the avatar from. But your 2 cents was greatly appreciated.

12. retthib

retthib New Member

Dont know about the acid thing. But we have 1 on Canal street across from St. Palace theatre, about 2 minutes from bourbon, by the name of VIP. look for the yellow sign, u cant miss it. Its oriental run. 60 bucks for an awesome massage and shower & an extra 100 for the remainder of the process. Very decent looking chics and impressively discrete.

There is another 1 in the quarter, IIRC, named Tokyo Spa, havent been there but have heard good things.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bookmarked...

14. retthib

retthib New Member

Yeah the Gretna fest is a good time. Better than Ezra and a few mainstream bands will be there this year. Look for the Bucktown allstars and the New Orleans Brass bands, you guys will definately enjoy that.

The New Orleans side is considered the Eastbank, gretna is on the Westbank side of the river. A ferry runs from Harrahs on Canal street on the eastbank to the Gretna landing on the westbank. It drops you off right in the middle of the festival. I believe the ferry runs every hour from the eastbank till midnight. Maybe later on weekends. Definately check it out, then you can come back to the eastbank and hit Bourbon after midnight. That way the girls will already be tanked & you can save money on buying them drinks. Or better yet, the guy that has been buying her drinks all night is probably aggrivating her by now & she is bored, so you come in w/ a new sales pitch & sweep her off her feet & close the deal. Where theres a will, theres a way.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You have to understand, Royal Tee is pretty much the ass man's ass man.

16. cassie96

cassie96 Member

You have spent a lot of time and energy helping out our fans to enjoy the beautiful historic crazy party town of New Orleans, and that is much appreciated.

With all due respect, I am a girl, and I am not into picking up girls. This is great advice for the guys on the board, however!:wink:

17. retthib

retthib New Member

Like girls need advice on how to pick up men. Especially a girl who is obviously a FB fan, albeit a Jets fan. LOL. Id probably be better off telling you ways to avoid getting picked up on.

I feel confident in saying that if your coming down, there will be plenty of local guys willing to show you a good time.

18. Johnny C

Johnny C New Member

A JETS friendly bar in New Orleans

For those of you going to New Orleans for the JETS- saints game. There is a JETS friendly bar called The Green Room Ultra Lounge at 209 Decatur St in the Fench Quarter right next to the House Of Blues. The owner (me) is from NY and a Huge JETS fan. Its on the same street where RYANS is at. The JETS flag will be hanging proudly so come check it out

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I was just butin you on puttin dibs on an Ass of yesteryear :wink:
    Fuk yeah boy!!! :beer:

Dude, that is friggin' awesome....

But, if you really want some business, throw in 1 free drink for anyone in a JETS jersey!!!!
    Gotta look out for ma boyz makin the trip...

Then again, who's to say that this isn't a between da cheeks establishment :lol:

#79 Royal Tee, Oct 1, 2009
  20. nolafan33

nolafan33 New Member

I hope all of you who've never been to New Orleans enjoy your stay. It's a great city to visit and a greater city to live in. Make sure to visit the French Quarter, and some other historic spots in NOLA.

I heard about crime, and honestly there's nothing to worry about. I've had season tickets since 98 and started going alone the past 2 years and I've never ever had a problem. It's very hard to get seperated from a crowd because basically everyone is walking to the same spots. Just stay away from the areas that look like you shouldn't be in.