Josh Johnson to start for Tampa Bay

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Sep 28, 2009.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Leftwich now is the #3, with rookie Josh Freeman the primary backup. Didn't take long for everyone to realize Tampa Bay is going to be really bad.

2. GreenMachine

Morris said Freeman is better than Sanchez. He said Freeman will prove to be the best QB in the 2009 draft.

3. 624

624 Banned

I'm surprised it was Johnson over Freeman, he's really fast though so it should be at least fun to watch because they're still going to suck.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It will be Freeman by week 8. It won't matter though because that team makes Cleveland look like they are going to the Superbowl.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Morris doesn't have the offense to help freeman.

just for that comment, I hope he plays Freeman too soon and ruins his confidence.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa. Pump ya breaks.

7. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Tampa looked like a JV football team yesterday

8. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I see Morris on the local news almost every night ? he strikes me as extremely intelligent and football minded pause not.

9. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

I'd start Freeman. What do you have to lose?

10. JetsOex

JetsOex New Member

Josh Johnson is very good QB, he should have been drafted higher last year. He was the MVP of the East-West Shrine game and had something like 43 touchdowns to 1 interception his senior year in college! Tampa Bay is bad this year but I guarantee Josh Johnson is a Pro-Bowler next year. He is basically Michael Vick with a much more accurate arm and an overall much better passer because Jim Harbaugh taught him how to be an NFL QB in college.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Have you seen them this year?

12. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Freeman's Sanity?

13. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

So a guy that couldn't even beat out Byron Leftwich and didn't show enough that a team went out and spent a first round pick on Freeman is now according to you...."guaranteed" to be a Pro Bowler next year?

Are you nuts?

14. OrganizedKonfusion

OrganizedKonfusion New Member

Bucs 0-16? takers?

15. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I say no to 0-16. They get to play Washington and then Carolina twice. They'll win at least 2 out of those 3, but probably no other game on their schedule

16. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Remember David Carr?

17. JetsOex

JetsOex New Member

I understand that my comments sound like i am out of my mind but I'm not quite RaiderJoe. I watched as much tape as I could find on this kid coming out of college and I think he is special, one of those players that a decade from now will be played on the second day of the draft as a steal of the 5th round. He didn't win the starting job at the beginning of the season because he wasn't competing for it; Leftwich and McNown were. Tampa Bay kept 4 quarterbacks on the roster last year because they thought he was too good to take a chance of another team claiming him off their practice squad and have said he should have been a second round pick based on what they saw of him in training camp last year. He is only in his second year, how many second year players who are fifth round draft picks become starters? He is obviously much further along than Josh Freeman or else the Bucs would have made Freeman the starter considering the success of the last four first round quarterbacks to start (Stafford winnings a game with the hapless Lions makes him an early success). So why did they take Josh Freeman in the draft? They liked him, knew they needed a QB of the future, and weren't about to rely on a QB taken in the fifth round of the draft last year especially considering the most progress a player makes is from his first to second year. Maybe I am wrong but I do believe he will be the type of flashy quarterback who makes the Pro Bowl because he will prove to be a better player than Michael Vick and Vick was a Pro Bowler.

18. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Uhh, I don't know what to say but you need to be REALLY good to be a pro-bowler. Eli, Romo, Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, Warner all play in the NFC. He's not leap frogging those guys, even if that logic does somehow work out for you

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i've seen that line too many times to believe it.

20. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Morris in the interview: "Johnson brings a different mindset"

Morris in his head: "Johnson can run the hell away from al the DL and LB killing our O-line"