Rex Out To Shoot The Brees

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 29, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing this posted ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10142506/REX-OUT-TO-SHOOT-THE-BREES

2. GreenMachine

My favorite lines:

Yes, Ryan has different players. He doesn't have Ray Lewis - although David Harris may be The Next Ray Lewis.

"Show him one thing, play something else . . . you're knowing he's gonna make the proper read and you put a trap in there," Ryan said.

The Ravens scored 28 points off five turnovers that day. Rookie defensive backs Ronnie Prude and Dawan Landry returned picks for touchdowns.

"We've hit the quarterback just an unreal amount of times in these first three games," Jim Leonhard said. "The sacks will come. Any team that throws that film on realizes that we're getting to the quarterback."

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

nice article. Lets hope that happens again.

Brees is like Dan Fouts. Can't give him anything

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

This is going to be an exciting game.

5. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

My favorite lines.

Scott was asked to compare the challenge of shutting down the 6-foot Brees compared to Tom Brady.

"There's no difference, the only difference is that he can't see over the top of the defense like Brady," Scott said.

6. JETSFANNYC

JETSFANNYC New Member

Should make for an interesting matchup. I'm looking for the jets to expose the saints for the frauds they are with the weak schedule they have had up to now. Saints being 3-0 is only because they played the lions, eagles(San mcnabb,westbrook) and the jills. Let's see if they can play on the same field as wrecks Ryan and the new York jets defense

7. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

One thing b'more fans mention to me is that their team under Ryan would go into a prevent at the end of games from time to time. The unknown is whether that was based upon his call or the head coach's call.

I imagine we will find out this season. I'd like to be up by 28 this week to find out but I doubt we'll get that opportunity.

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Wrecks Ryan....I dono I think I just like Rex better.

9. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

People with Vilma in their nicks should not be allowed to post this week.

10. CM84

CM84 New Member

They had a healthy Westbrook throughout most of the game, FWIW. You said its an interesting matchup but the Jets will expose us for what we are, well which are we? A good matchup or frauds?

11. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Well, it would certainly make victory easier, but I don't want to deal with our coach being behind bars.

12. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Raven fans said Rex would play prevent regardless of the score. Thing is, he didn't play it at the end of the Patriots game and doesn't seem like the type of coach who would unless something drastic happened.

My bet would be it was the head coach's call

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

LT Brown is on IR so that sounds like a key match up in getting to Brees....though it doesn't matter when you rush 5-6. He's been out since early in the PS but overloading the blind side sounds like a plan.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

or a couple plays you could slide Jenkins out to DE and have him demolish the LT and blitz harris and scott.

or you could switch ellis over in pass situations.

either way I agree and I'm sure Rex will have a package for this.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This is done to kill a little time as opposed to getting burned on one play.

16. Chrebet Fo' Ever

I think Rex can handle this guy, but Sheppard and Strickland will be essential for it, we'll need in single coverage sometimes the Rex blitzes. I get the feeling we're gonna let up at least one giant Brees play... but we'll get some on Defense.

This game is killing me already, can't wait for Sunday!

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Indeed indeed

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It's comforting to know that Rex has an idea on how Brees plays and how to handle him.

I think he will have a good game against us, just because he is that type of QB, but that doesn't mean we are automatically putting ourselves into a position to lose. Our defense should, at least I would hope, be able to indeed contain Brees. Maybe less blitzes than we are used to, but they will come. As long as he is pressured, with single coverage in the mid/backfield, we should be alright.

19. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

It also led to a number of losses, especially to the Steelers.

I was greatly encouraged last week when we were blitzing hard in the 4th quarter.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The Saints are no joke, they've been blasting people since preseason and have shown no signs of slowing down. This team has more offensive firepower than the 2006 team and Brees is a better QB now. It's nice to know Rex has a good idea of what's in store but let's not get crazy.