Jets vs. Saints - Keys to the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Atopps, Sep 28, 2009.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We didn't draft a QB at 5 to game manage, we drafted him to make big plays. The Jets are going to win this game by throwing the ball down field and scoring TD's early and beating the shit out of Brees even if it's after he complete pass after pass.

2. GreenMachine

winston, if the Jets expose Brees this game, i will retract anything I have ever called you wrong on..(See Brees vs C-Pep)

3. davidstvz

davidstvz New Member

What is wrong with your forum? Is the quote button only allowed after you have a certain number of posts? That's paranoid considering you already require manual approval of all accounts.

Anyway: I don't think you can say the Jets know the Saints defensive game plan going in. Greg Williams has the potential to really mix things up and he's not just going to sit there and do the same thing over and over again unless it's working.

4. GreenMachine

Rex Ryan is a slouch this year. He never mixes it up.:up:

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

1. Jets D is solid. Bills had average D at best
    2. 3 pro bowlers in the seconday, 2 pro bowl potential DL, and 3 pro bowl potential LBs
    3. Saints have given up 18.7 PPG against teams who had 26.8 PPG. Difference of about 8 PPG, or one TD.
    Jets have given up 11 PPG against teams who have had 25 PPG. Difference of exactly 14 PPG, or two TDs.

6. winstonbiggs

The games indoors and it's not a big game. Brees kills in the dome and is going to put points on the board. Sanchez is going to have to throw the ball and put TD's on the board late. We have to accept the fact that Brees is going to put points on the board and hit him anyway even if he completes a ton of passes.

If Sanchez has a rookie type game and throws a ton of picks game over. If he gets hot I think he has a ton of talent and might just put up a ton of points up for us.

Brees is deadly but a big game late in the season on the road or in normal weather he doesn't make my top 5.

7. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

But YOUR defense has a BIG test.

Our DEFENSE does not.

Were going against a team that thrives on DEFENSE and deep down you know it!

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm with you there. People act like the Saints are an unsolvable puzzle. Oh, they'll just run a spread and we'll have no players to blitz or we'll leave someone open. Drew Brees is a very good QB, but he's not Superman and he's not infallible and he's not Michael Vick circa 2003, turning a blitz into a huge gain. He can be gotten to, and the Jets will be doing it a lot.

The Jets ran aggressive Nickel and Dime man blitz packages at Brady all day and he never knew where it was coming from. And if there's a guy in this league that can draw blitzers into revealing their assignments before the snap, it's Brady. He just didn't know which direction it was coming from, and when he did, he was throwing off-balance because it was coming too fast to make a regular progression.

Saints fans are trying to simplify things a bit too much here. The only time the Jets have given up any touchdowns to any team this year, it was because they didn't blitz aggressively, it wasn't because they blitzed too much. Rex is still a rookie HC, and I think Tennessee was a huge learning experience for him.

I doubt they let up on Brees one bit. That skidmark on his face will be black and blue by the fourth quarter.

#128 abyzmul, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  9. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

38-10 Saints

10. GreenMachine

Defense wins championships.

11. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

Man please the BILLS almost beat the struggling PATS. But the dumb ass fumbled the ball. The PATS are struggling and everyone and there mom knows BRADY is not the same. BREES IS BEST QB IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW. THE EAGLES SUNT HEAVY PRESSURE AND WE LIT IT UP!!! BRING IT ON JETS, YOU'LL SEND THE LINEBACKERS AND THE BALL WILL BE FLYING RIGHT OVER THERE HEADS!

12. GreenMachine

The pats looked really bad against the Falcons...:rofl:

13. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

The ONLY defense I have seen that contain BREES is the TAMPA 2! If you have a blitzing defense than you'll pay the price for leaving 2 men open in a 5 wide set!

14. davidstvz

davidstvz New Member

Winston: an observation: if some Jet nails Brees with an intentional late hit and hurts him, that dude better start spending half his salary on security. We got some crazy fans living out here in New Orleans and Brees is the best thing that's ever happened to Saints football...

Greenman: I know Rex Ryan will mix it up as well, but you suggested that the Jets know our defensive game plan. Honestly, I'd rather be Brees in this game than Sanchez. The Saints D isn't excessively stocked with talent, but they've got a lot of solid players, a few great ones, a new aggressive coach, and a major chip on their shoulder.

15. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

be super-physical. if this is a finesse game we are goners. QBs and receivers have to pay for their successes.

16. GreenMachine

name 1 blitzing D you have faced.

The Bills and Lions both use the Tampa 2.

17. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

It's sad you guys put all your trust into a ROOKIE QB on the road. You might use that Houston game for an example but man only 10 people was in the stands and that was all parents.

He will be in a dome thats already sold out and ready to make so much noise that Sanchez wont be able to call the audibles and signals. I can see him calling a timeout now!

18. winstonbiggs

The key to paying the price is making Brees pay the price for his completions. If you run a 5 wide set that leaves 5 to protect that means Brees will make us pay and take an awful beating in the process.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Winston, hitting a receiver for the first down with 2 minutes left in the game IS a big play because it wins the game for them, something he did not accomplish during the Pats game even though he had chances to do so.

I'm not saying I want to see them win 3-0, which would still be a victory. I understand he has to throw the ball down field but Game Management is part of every great QB's repertoire, and if you read my comment slowly you would have seen that I said if the Jets are up at the end of the game, this is an assumption that he had moved the team down the field and lead them to score some td's.

20. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

The EAGLES!!!

THEY ARE WELL KNOWN FOR BLITZING! THEY ALSO HAVE A BETTER D THAN YOU HAVE!

It may not show on stats because we tortured it but they are better!

We will drop your stats also when we put over a 300 yard show in the dome.