New Orleans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Blood, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Puddinhead

Puddinhead New Member

I'm kidding, of course.

LOL

2. LSUsaintsfanla

LSUsaintsfanla New Member

Afternoon fellas,
    we appreciate you all making the trip down to NOLA for the game. should be a great game and possibly a preview for what we'll see in Miami(let's both hope anyway). If you all want any advice for places to eat, bars to visit, tourist things to do, i'd be more than happy to help you all out. :cheers: to a great game... you will no doubt be our toughest opponent yet and let the best team win.

3. VOR

VOR New Member

Welcome to N.O.

The crime thing is not as bad as reported. As long as you're not fighting over drug turf, you're okay. Just stay on the main streets and have a good time.

It'll be a great weekend. I'm thinking of calling together some friends of mine from Rick's Cabaret and the Penthouse Club and sicking them on you poor guys. You may never make it to the game. :beer:

4. ........

........ Trolls

I've gotta say, with some exceptions, you guys are the best opposing fans we've had on this site thus far this season. Good luck to you for the rest of your season. It's been great seeing the way fans and team have come together since Katrina, and you've had plenty to cheer for. This season looks an awful lot like 2006 for you.

5. LSUsaintsfanla

well honestly i scanned a few boards and found this one to be the most level headed. its great to talk to fans who dont purely talk ridiculous smack. buffalo was pretty bad. but you all seem to be cool. i always like to offer advice to people coming in. im sure most of you will visit bourbon, which is great for tourists, but not locals. dont venture past tropical isle, unless you're in to man on man stuff. acme oyster house, dragos, and port-o-call are all good places to eat. for breakfast most people will say mothers but my personal favorite is fredericks deli on st charles across the stret from one shell square. they serve an awesome hot sausage egg and cheese po-boy that is great for hangovers. i survive mardi gras on them.

as far as the game, your defense is ridiculous. it'll be a huge test for our boys. i know our defense hasnt gotten the national media respect but it is vastly improved. dont pay attention to what kolb did. 200+ yards of passing offense came in prevent before half and in the 4th quarter when the game was well in hand. sanchez is the real deal. i was wrong about him. and above all thanks for trading vilma to us. hop ya'll enjoy the big easy

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Did the Rock'n'Bowl ever reopen? I swear the best gumbo in town, at a bowling alley.

7. VOR

VOR New Member

Rock n Bowl is re-opened in new location. Just off of Carrollton Avenue by Ye Olde College Inn.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

:smile: I almost made that mistake, about 15 years ago. Drunkenly stumbling down the street, I noticed 2 big fat fairies in assless leather chaps, holding hands in the dark. I turned and ran for like 20 seconds until I fell down and threw up. I did a lot of puking in New Orleans.

9. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

I am definitely telling my non-gambling brothers to meet me there early sat evening....some of us are going to harrah's to gamble others to bars to drink on saturday afternoon....

10. LSUsaintsfanla

yeah bourbons cool as hell to drink on during the day. while frowned upon by most of the moral abiding nation, we embrace it. 3 for 1 till 7 or so? thats liquor and beer. enjoy it!!!

11. CM84

CM84 New Member

Fredericks gets us through Mardi Gras, also LOL. Between Fredericks and using the bathroom at the Intercontinental, life is good during Mardi Gras.

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

A bit off topic, but how did the Saints get their scheduling of 4 out of their next 5 games to be HOME games?

13. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Who knows...but hopefully it will be great for their economy.:up:

Reading about all of the Jets fans that are going down to that historic smokin' hot fun crazy party town, makes me want to jump on a plane.

OMG...the Jets fans are going to have a GREAT time...especially after we WIN!!!!:beer:

14. KyMon7

KyMon7 New Member

I go to Loyola, what about you?

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

When the schedule came out this was the game I circled but I'm buying a house so I won't be going. I will say this though... I went to a Saints game back in 2000 and they won. It was such a festive atmosphere, Saints fans were some of the coolest fans I've ever encountered too. I've been made an honorary Bayou Bengal by the local chapter of LSU Alum here in Vegas and watching games with them is a party. Best of luck to you guys and here's to hoping it's a great game and nobody gets injured because honestly Jets/Saints would be an awesome SB.

As for the Bills fans...you'll have to excuse them because they use that Canadian Education System up in that part of the country. If all you had in your pathetic town was the Sabres and the Bills you'd be as bitter as they were.

#55 Barry the Baptist, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  16. retthib

retthib New Member

Im looking for a member here by the screen name of Jets n Boys. I heard he stole my avatar from saintsreport.com. Just wanted to let him know that a back side like that needs showing off, more power to him.

For you guys coming to New Orleans, be sure to try a place called Dragos downtown. They have the best charbroiled oysters in the world. Places on Bourbon like Razoos & BBCs for 3 for 1 drink specials w/ a DJ and bands are good times. This weekend on the westbank, across the river from the Superdome, get there by cab or ferry, they have the Gretna fest going on. Cheap admission, great bands and good food. You can get a list of bands off the internet.

If someone asks you to bet they can tell you where you got your shoes, tell him on your feet and walk away. If you take the bet and lose, pay up.

Have fun, be safe and hope we have a fun entertaining, injury free game.

Who Dat

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Haha I was walking down Bourbon and some young hoodloom tried that with me.... I told him to fuck off and went about mu business. Those from the North East are no stranger to scams but this one is quite good.

18. Ibleedgreen18

Ibleedgreen18 New Member

I haven't been down here for too long and I don't know if its too far uptown, but Camelia Grill is the best place to go for a good omlette and breakfast (or most things for that matter).

I actually just got back from the blacksmith house about 20 minutes ago and its a good place. Pat O's is pretty touristy but so is all of bourbon really, so I'd be game to meet up with most of you guys wherever for the most part.

19. Puddinhead

Puddinhead New Member

Make up from the 2008 schedule, which saw the Saints play in the Superdome only three times after week 6? (The game in London against the Chargers counted as a Saints home game...which was a screw job considering the team had just had to play the entire 2005 season away from home.)

#59 Puddinhead, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  20. DomeDude

DomeDude New Member

Whats up Jets fans ?
    Im glad to see so many planning to come to NO this weekend, you will definitely enjoy it if you like partying and good food. I really liked the idea of y'all meeting at Laffite's Blacksmith Shop, it is a pretty cool place. Funny thing is nobody can tell you exactly when it was opened except that it was sometime before 1772. It is even rumored that the pirate Jean Lafitte owned it at one time (hence the name). According to Wikipedia, it is the oldest continuously open bar in America.

I read earlier in the thread someone talking about having been here for a game before and we were good fans. For the most part that is true, but like everywhere you have to watch out for the few drunken idiots that are going to want to fight, noone wants to go to jail just for wanting to go see their team play on the road. I have traveled a lot to away games, so I can appreciate being in enemy territory.

I saw some mention earlier as well about violence here in New Orleans. I assure you if you are not trying to buy or sell crack on a street corner, you are relatively safe. Of course be careful at night if out on Bourbon, dont travel too far off on the side streets. If you find yourself on a street thats pretty much deserted, you might want to head back the way you came, there are some out there that try to prey on tourists that stray from the crowds. Not saying they will be looking to kill anybody, but they would gladly seperate you from your wallet.

Anyways, have fun and be safe, and good luck to the Jets after this week.