Revis vs. Colston

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjcanada, Sep 27, 2009.

1. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Actually, the Bills had success not by blitzing Brees, but by opening in the nickel and staying in it. Brees places a huge emphasis on accuracy and he held the ball a lot more against the Bills than he usually does due to windy conditions. He didn't want to risk turnovers. Payton finally wised up and started running against the nickel and shredded it.

Look, every defense has the same plan for Brees: pressure him up the middle and hit him in the mouth. But it's harder to do it than say it, especially when you have to play him in the Dome. Coming off a subpar game and facing a good defense, Brees is going to be highly motivated. And a highly motivated Brees is not something any defense wants to face.

2. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

i forgot how small moss and andre were, no wonder revis covered those small guys so easily. damn now that he faces a tall WR he's in trouble.

3. SuperDome

SuperDome New Member

Hi J-E-T-S!

Saints fan here, I come in peace...Sunday ought to be a great game but not for the reasons I've seen here so far...both Coach Ryan and our D coordinator, Gregg Williams, are from Buddy Ryan's coaching tree (OK, I conceed that Rex is a little closer to the trunk :) ) It will be fun to watch the chess match. Let's hope for no injuries and a great game...of course, one of us won't be happy Sunday night but, boy, what a ride!!!