Jets Making Statements

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

So obviously the first two games especially the NE game were huge statements (more to the NFL)

but i think this week was a huge statement to the jets fanbase. The Jets have shown they at least for this week, will not fall into the typical Jets letdown trap. The letdown loss after a big win syndrome. It is just another way that this team is showing it is different then any team we've seen in a LONG time.

I must admit I wasn't sure what would happen today. I was thinking the Jets always let down in these situations and was weary. It seemed that the Jets would drop todays game then lose to the saints to end up 2 - 2. But the Jets made a statement to its fanbase today. That they very well may not be the SOJ. And for the first time, in a while, if ever, i feel like we have a real team that cannot be ridiculed or fall into old traps.

The NE win felt great. Almost like taking a huge dump. The relief was incredible.

But today is more satisfying, in a way only a win like this could be.

Heres to 2009.

ADDITION: I can't believe we don't even have Pace through all of this. When he comes back this defense is going to be seriously frightening.

#1 TurkJetFan, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  2. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

we should come out next week loose with nothing to lose. no one will pick us to go into new orleans and beat them.

3. DieHardJetsFan60

DieHardJetsFan60 New Member

We gotta knock Brees in the teeth!!

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

To win after going down 24-17 was really impressive and really has me excited for the rest of the season. Our defense got torched pretty good after we were up 14-0 but we responded very strongly

5. TurkJetFan

I respect the Saints and think they have a deadly offense. But not for nothing, who have they played this season?

1) Detroit
    2) Philly with Kolb and no Vick
    3) Buff

Don't get me wrong 2 of the 3 aren't pushovers. But we have honestly played better teams an won. I would not be so quick to annoint the Saints the better team.

I think they are definitly beatable. I think our defense matches up perfectly against them and I think we have a really good shot at winning. I also wouldn't be shocked if we lost. I'm not totally blinded by optimism. But part of the culture change isn't to so quickly name this team better because I'm not so sure they are.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Well next week will answer the age old question Offense or Defense?

They say Offense puts fans in the stands, but that Defense wins championships. The best Offense in the league vs. the #3 Defense in the league should be a great matchup.

Can't wait to see Kris Jenkins eat Brees for Lunch on Sunday!

7. 624

624 Banned

The Jets have allowed the lowest completion% at 48 and YPC at 4.7 for pass defense.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

In all fairness, there is plenty of time for a letdown. But you point is made; the players are not thinking about the big picture, they are focusing on the task at hand. One week at a time may be a cliche but truer words have never been spoken. Now they focus on New Orleans. Nothing else.

9. motivation2k3

motivation2k3 New Member

good luck on trying to stop brees in the superdome after he had a bad game today and still won and if u think that your gonna blitz brees lol...dont u think greg williams will send vilma and the rest of the saints defense out to put sanchez in a coma?

10. ........

........ Trolls

All one sentence. Ladies and gentlemen, your Louisiana state public education system.

11. motivation2k3

motivation2k3 New Member

^^^ who said i was from Lousiana? and this is a forum, not english class

12. TurkJetFan

your right...but we also want to be able to read what you write in the english (attempted english) language. So for future reference please try to put a . in there once in a while thanks..

13. TurkJetFan

please see the above post.

the saints have played average to trash teams. If the Saints beat the Jets I will take them seriously

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I remember Vilma. That overrated little tweener who lost his job to Harris right?

15. TurkJetFan

lol i dont know that vilma is overrated...but hes just not a 3 - 4 LB. although he hasnt done much in NO.

i think the better word is he is slight above average...

hes only overrated if someone thinks hes good

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

One good season = overrated. I don't think anybody can dispute that.

17. TurkJetFan

i can.

one good season = overrated at the time

nobody thinks he's good anymore = who gives a shit

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

People around here seem to blow their load over him still. If that's not you, good job.

19. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Jay Feely 09/27/2009 08:28 PM ET
    RT@nflfootballinfo Mark Sanchez became the first rookie QB in NFL HISTORY to start and win teams first 3 games of season

Now that's a statement

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

considering he's leading that Saints defense into respectability, i'd call him a pretty damn good player.