Does anyone else fear a letdown on Sunday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Sep 24, 2009.

1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Well, if there's gonna be someone on the defensive side that gonna set the whole group straight, it would be Bart Scott. He's supposed to be their vocal and inspirational leader, so this Sunday is where he earns his money.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

When the hell can you ever remember this?

One of the biggenst problems with the past to regimes that I always complained about was there was never a plan B.

Now we actually have someone who knows how to caoch....

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I believe he will too! And if Collins is in the pocket for any extended period of time (like 3 seconds) I fully expect Scott to lay him out...

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

NO, there will not be a let down this week. Here is what will happen. Collins is going to get his ass handed to him. He is going to be eating a ton of carpet and he will throw at least 2 picks. Revis will have another awesome game. It will be a well-fought game but the Jets will be victorious.

We can play with anybody in the league and give them a hell of a game. I can't say we win them all but after the game if we do come up on the short end, the other team is going to be sore.

This is going to be another home victory for the crazy bunch of lunatics. Bank on it!!!!!!

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This ^

12-4 NYJ 2009

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

This game should be a blow out. We're at home with all the fire. The longest rush against our D is 13yds and we have yet to give up a defensive TD.

Their secondary b-lows. Pittsburgh and Houston lit Tenn up. We're gonna crush em'.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Actually, Schotty looked pretty good making adjustments at the half in 2006. Then 2007 happened and the rest is history. But I get what you mean. Herm's halftime adjustments consisted of changing his socks.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I think you severely underestimate Tennessee. This game is not going to be a walk in the park.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it's not an objective view, it's a paranoid and insecure view.

I'm not fearful because I watch the Jets every game expecting them to be capable of winning. if not, oh well, it's disappointing, but I am not fearful of it.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You're right, I forgot how good Shotty looked that 1 year....

and actually sockgate revealed he never really actually changed his socks he just swapped feet....
    What a sham..

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Without spending a gross amount of time reading this mile long thread... a let down will come on its own in due time... I wouldn't waste a lot of time, energy or enthusiasm worrying about it. Enjoy the moment for what it is... :beer:

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I agree that this will be a smash mouth football game, I also think our O-line has something to prove (listen up street) after reading an article today in the Daily News about the O-line they feel they have something to prove, as they consider themselves an elite NFL line.

I hope we come out of this game healthy.

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Very nice comment, we cannot underestimate the Titans, remember Chris Johnson was tearing up his Baltimore defense until he was hurt, this is what we wanted guy's a gladiator like team and we have one, everyone is going to bring their best to the table against the Jets from now on, when we lose it's not because we don't show up it's because the other's team A game was better than our A game.

15. Bill1988

Bill1988 New Member

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm with ya Jetzz. This game on Sunday will neither make nor break our season but yeah, its a bellweather game as far as just how mature VonRyan's Express is at this point.

As long as we play well and hopefully win the game, I'm happy. Even if we lose, I won't be AS happy but if we give the Titans hemorroids and send them home with Migrains, I'm ok..

17. BigEvil

BigEvil Member

I think that if the Jets come out strong and score first they will never look back in the game.

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

the only thing i fear is that the defense doesn't kill kerry collins, or lendale white.