Two things I noticed about Sanchez....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Sep 20, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The thing I noticed about Sanchez was the amount of 14-24 year old girls who wear his Jersey. Jetter watch out the girls have found a new New York play to have a crush on. They again you are pushing 36 and are old enough to be some of their fathers.

2. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

It's hard to be a Darksider. Even I'M thinking about asking for a Sanchez Jersey for X-mas...

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

#3 Throws remarkably well while scrambling

#4 Keeps a cool head about him and doesn't appear to panic

Did you guys see that one play where he was being chased all over and almost threw it, then realized he'd better tuck it in instead? The only thing that would have made that play better would have been if he'd thrown it away, but he did very well for a rookie.

Don't want to be too much of a Homer but the kid is unbelievable for the limited amount of experience he's had.

4. benjetin

benjetin New Member

The kid is for real

5. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Actually he made the better choice by tucking it and letting the clock go to 2 minute warning. Throwing it away would've just stopped the time when they would have had to punt anyway.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good call, I didn't think of that (LOL).

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i completely agree with this. i just probably dont put into words quite as well.

lets hope for continued progression. so far he has progressed each week and while we cant hope for that to happen continuously progress from week 1 to 16 is going to be important.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah I thought that sack, and the way he took it - by going to the ground himself, was an amazing play. There was no chance at all of a turnover there and that was the single most important factor on that play, with the 2 minute warning approaching and the field position.

9. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

Stronger Armed more Athletic Pennington?

I always felt one of the things that worked in the Jets Favor is that Pennington fit Shotty's system. I feel it had alot to do with the Jets loving Sanchez as he reminds me of a young pennington with better legs and better arm and matches the mental tangible that Pennington brings to table.
    I like what I see and the "little things" like in the Giant preseason game he commented on touchdown pass when he got hit that if it was load roar it was a pick and had to get up to play D and if muffled roar a touchdown. Yesterday rushing to get the kicking team on field rather then running down to tackle Stuckey- kid with Feel and Head totally in the game.

10. FalconJets22

FalconJets22 New Member

Nice way to start, no better feeling then watching Brady get pounded all day.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

silly newcomer, thats not Sanchez. Darrelle Revis does that.

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I agree. As much as I loved Pennington's game, I think Sanchez is already better at sensing the rush and getting rid of the ball quicker, which may prevent some of the injuries that Chad got. But yeah, there is no substitute for understanding the game and being an accurate passer, which both guys have going for them.

13. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I hate the word "babying" because he's a rookie QB.

What Cavanaugh and Schotty are doing to help this kid along is as close to perfection as you can get.

Purely hypothetical - if this team is 5-0 after the bye week, I'd let him come out firing full force in week 7 just to test what he can do with all that time to prep for one team. Just for fun.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

#55 abyzmul, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

What I loved about that play is he actually got his back foot planted and could have made a solid throw and he did it fast as lightning and than decided to take the sack. He showed a lot of things on that play both physical and mental that was pretty amazing for a rookie.

They guy seems very smart but he also has a tremendous skill set. Looking at him you could easily underestimate him physically. I think he has amazing talent.

17. jrock486

jrock486 New Member

sanchez has good poise in the pocket and his presence is really something.. on that last play on offense, he could've thrown that ball up for grabs and lost the game, but took the sack and let the defense do its thing

18. afternoondelight

you forgot to say "no homo"

19. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

I have seen to many vets do that while Im screaming "take the sack!" When Sanchez dropped I was like "are you kidding me?" The kid is way ahead of schedule......

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Watching the telecast last night, you could see where he reset his feet and thought about throwing it, then went down. Amazing for a rookie, I'd say 9 of 10 rookies who were on a bit of a roll like Sanchez was would force something there. Instead he lets a half minute go off the clock and we can still pin them deep.

Also, it was very interesting to see on the telecast how intently Brady was watching Sanchez in the second half when he got it going. That's the kind of stuff you miss being at the game, sometimes the picture is worth a thousand words. As much as we hate him, Brady is the real deal and it was very interesting to me to see this.