Merril Hodge on Jets Defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Sep 21, 2009.

1. NYJets4EverOnTop

I'm not one of those people that drools when some analyst on TV starts praising the Jets but I thought the comments he made today were worth mentioning. He was analyzing some of the blitzes the Jets ran against the Pats and pointed out the timing and execution. He was saying that for the Jets to have the timing and execution down this well just 2 weeks into the season with it being a whole new system, that's a scary thing for the rest of the NFL. All I can say is, DAMN STRAIGHT!!

Also called Revis the best CB in the NFL right now.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Everyone is hoping on our bandwagon early to cover thier bases. If we finish well they can say "early on I saw the Jets defense was going to be great" and if we don't almost eveyone of them can fall back on "I knew in the preseason it was goign to be a long road for the jets"

In short, the talking heads can all suck my cock. 99% said we would have a horrible season and can just go to hell now.

3. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Yep. I said 10-11 wins all along, and I'm going to continue mentioning it so all you doubting nut-rags, who said 5, 6, 7 wins, can be reminded.

4. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I'm with you Bro, and for the record I nailed this win on against the Pats. 16-9. Nice scoreline, seen that somewhere before.........

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

I am one of those nutrags who thought/thinks 5-11 would be the 09 record....

not sure if i actually posted that before the season started but man enough to admit it now.....

looks like i'll be dead wrong - and not complaining about it.

jil

6. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

If you're going to be wrong, this is a good thing to be wrong about.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Marino (of all people) was the only "analyst" at half-time that said the JETS had a good shot to win this game against the Pats...

Even Boomer thought we'd lose.

8. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I didn't know where to put this, but if you get a chance, watch the second scrimmage play of the game yesterday. Key on the right guard, Stephen Neal. I don't think I've ever seen an O-lineman get hit like that. Guess who?

WHAM!!!!

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Thats pretty nice to hear but Hodge is still a douchebag.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think Hodge is the guy that keeps directions to his house in his pocket because he gets lost on the way home sometimes... that being said it's nice to hear one of the usual haters coming around on how different this team is than is years past.

It was funny as Rich Eisen was a tad skeptical (of course he is a Jets fan too) on this season saying it's still a long season.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They did last year too, hopefully this time there is a better ending.

12. jrock486

jrock486 New Member

before everyone starts jumping on the band wagon, lets just remember what happened last year - seems like everyone has such a short term memory from last year after we were expected to go to the superbowl!

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Negative Nancy.

14. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Hodge is alright by me, I don't think he pretends to be the foremost mind in the NFL, just a solid commentator. He did have a boner for the Jets defense though.