Moss Disses Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DHarris52, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Kenny

Kenny New Member

these other supposedly "top" corners dont even cover the best guy most of the game they stay to there one side..

2. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

What stood out to me about Revis on Moss yesterday was that Brady did not go back to Moss much after the pick. So Moss may not think much of Revis but his QB sure did.

Does anyone know how many times after the pick that Moss was thrown to? There were only 8 passes thrown his way all game.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Revis is a "blanket of cancer" for any top wideout in this league.....and yesterday's performance only solidified that notion even more.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good point and I had the same thoughts. I think Brady was wary of #24 all day from the looks of it. He looked much more comfortable throwing to Weasely Welker's replacement (#11) than he did to throwing in Revis' direction, then after the pick it was like, "Well, I guess I better not go there again!"

5. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Does Randy Moss realize what he's saying?

He's basically stating, "I was just dominated by an average-at-best cornerback."

Jeez, Randy! Have some pride!

6. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahhaaaa... that's pretty funny!

7. JohnnySample

JohnnySample New Member

What Randy Moss said is true. There really aren't any shutdown corners in the league. Champ Bailey is the closest thing to being one. Or at least he was a couple of years ago. A shutdown corner is a DB who is so good on pass defense that opposing teams just don't throw to the third of the field he is covering. Deon Sanders is the only legitimate shutdown corner I have ever seen. There was a period of time in his career where teams just didn't through his way at all. During that time passes thrown his way were more likely to be intercepted and returned for a touchdown than there were to be completed to the intended receiver. That is what a shutdown corner is. He shuts down the entire passing game for his third of the field. Revis is one of the top corner backs in the league, and by the end of this year he may well be considered as the best in league. But he simply is not a shutdown corner. At least not yet. Revis did have safety help over the top for much of the game but not all of the game. And I didn't see a safety in the picture on his interception play.

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I noticed his foot work right away during the first game. You can't ask a guy to use his feet any better.

9. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I certainly feel Revis is among the best in the NFL. But saying anybody is best is so subjective, just compare Revis last year to this year. Having a D that attacks the QB makes any DB much better.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The way Randy dogs it nearly every week, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get shut down by an average cornerback.

11. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Ugh. Champ Bailey? Really? I've lost money watching Bailey get smoked. Not recently, either. In his "prime." I'll never forget it- Kerry Collins to Jerry Porter in the snow. $200 dollars on the first half spread.

I'll take Revis now over Champ in his prime. Deion? That's a different story. I'll still take Revis because Deion is a douche, but if you're a quarterback, and you don't consider Darrelle Revis a shutdown corner, you need to watch more film. Hall of famer quarterback, hall of famer wide receiver- advantage Revis. Praise be his name.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Memo to Randy:

Good luck in the next game getting any better separation than you got yesterday. Your comments are probably now on Revis' own personal bulletin board and he'll stick to you even more next game.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If you read what Moss was saying it had nothing to do with Revis personally. He said he doesn't believe there are any shutdown corners in the league because they all have safety help over the top..and he is probably right.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

when we are bringing 7 guys on the blitz i seriously doubt revis is getting safety help over the top. the only guy i can remember seeing in the picture on most of the passes moss' way yesterday was revis.

15. sunnycalzone

sunnycalzone New Member

lol frustrated randy is frustrated

16. Don

I'm just saying what he said and it was not personally directed against Revis..here it is again.

"There's really no shutdown corners in the league because they have help for most of the game. "

17. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

But the context was an interview after he was just shut down. If he said that in the offseason OK but taken right after the game, that was sour grapes on the press Revis is getting.

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i was referring to you saying he was probably right. for most teams he probably is. but when you have defense sending 6 or 7 guys on a regular basis there is no room for someone to be covering over the top all the time.

19. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

The last couple years many posters have posted things like "there really is no such thing as a shutdown corner anymore".

I have a question...exactly what the hell does that mean? Did the NFL recently expand the playing field to 11 players or something? What the hell are people talking about.

Ask Andre Johnson and Randy Moss what they did against the other team they played this year..both going well over the century mark.

The guy is a shutdown corner...period. If it would make Mr. Moss and the others that claim the shutdown corner is a thing of the past feel any better...lets just call him a great shut down corner with a safety that plays behind him...like every other NFL CB that has ever played the game.

20. Don

It's just a question of terminology and what you think the term means.