Trade down from 35 to nab Clemmons is pure gold.......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by desert swordz, Apr 29, 2006.

1. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

haha when i read that i thout it wuz mad funny but i'm pretty sure that before and after those dudes called u names, respectively, i'm pretty sure they bought up some valid points so they might've bought "something" to the table lol.

2. MattMan

MattMan New Member

i have your back man, im ready. sik me on them!

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Feel Free MM.

It's just gotten so out of control around here.

4. MattMan

MattMan New Member

i know, i feel like TGG has fallen into anarchy. every one is revolting and attacking eachother. things are really out of hand

5. Hazardous Waters

I'm really rooting for Pennington. I feel as though he never had a chance. He's got to be better than what we've seen. I have always liked the guy, but if he starts out bad, I guess the torch must be passed to one of the others.

6. Royal Tee

Actually, It would be funny but they didn't post anything after that was on point.

We Traded down, THEN traded up. and gained nothing (Value wise)

7. MattMan

MattMan New Member

Pennington had alot of upside prior to his injury, but now he has a ceiling thats preventing him from becoming a star. there is only so much he can do, and unfortunatly, i dont think that is enough to help us win the SB

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I hope Pennington can come back, but it's looking glum...

You do not need a strong arm to run this offense, as evident to Drew Brees. Clemens has a quick release like Brees and good touch...Though he could be a bit questionable at times, who isn't? Sitting 06' and learning this playbook and system can only benefit him...Hopefully, for our sake...Him and Mangold together alot of years would be very intruguing.

9. Royal Tee

In watching Clemens Videos what I'm most impressed about is how he hits the receiver in Stride Every time!

That's pure touch.

10. azstdevils13

azstdevils13 New Member

Clemens is a stud quarterback, that simple. Personally, I think when it's all set and done, Clemens will have a better career than Hollywood Leinart. Before he got hurt, he had 19 TDs/4 INTs. I think it was a great pick for the Jets to take him.

11. Royal Tee

Not that i'm defending Leinart but He did have some incredible Numbers too ya know.

I can live w/ the Clemens pick.Not like we have a choice anyway

12. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

I'm really liking the fact they picked up a second rounder next year. But now that we have picked Clemens what happens to Bollinger?

13. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

RIP Bollinger

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

yeah rip we are done with him

15. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I agree with Royal Tree. We give up a 35th for a 49th?? and a 6th?? and next year second rounder. There was an awful lot of very good D players available at 35th and I don't fell the deadskins second rounder will be beter than 49th next year? Does anyone know the value points on this??

16. Bomber

Bomber New Member

The other good thing about Clemmens is that he has a head like a busted arsehole, so noone on here can call him 'sexy'. (not pointing any fingers at anyone)

Thank frig we didn't draft a pretty boy like Leinart.

17. DGrab

DGrab New Member

what is so hard to understand about this? they wanted Clemens a lot and they weren't going to risk waiting til pick 71, so it was take him at 35, which was predicted by some in the days leading up to the draft but which would have been a reach, or trade back and get him later. So we got the same exact guy we have taken at 35 and now we have 2 2nd rounders next year. By far Tangini's best moment of the day.

18. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Because he is coming off as an arrogant ass and is wrong. If you don't like giving up a 6th round pick while moving down 14 spots in round 2 and 7 or so in round 7 while gaining an additional 2nd round pick in the future, then you're just stupid.

19. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

Chad Jackson was there at two. Jets have no playmakers and didn't get one in this draft. I'd rather have Matt Leinart and Chad Jackson than the Redskins 2nd round pick a year from now.

http://www.sportsline.com/u/partners/aol/index.html?http://cbs.sportsline.com/

20. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I completely disagree with you here. They essientially traded a 6th and 7th this year for a second next year. That's an excellent deal.