Official Tom Cable Assault Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GBA, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

When Mike" the missile" Mitchell become a probowl safety, will you admit your wrong. I can't wait till the third preseason game, I want to see him lay someout. Eventually hes going to be the Ss. (probably sometime this year) Tyvon Branch who unbelievable in coverage will start out at SS, but eventually move over to FS.
    Thats going to be an unbelievable safety tandem for many years to come.

DHB is the deep threat . Raiders have their number 1 and number 2 WR already . If they were asking him to be a number 2, his drops would be a problem. They aren't , his job is to stretch the field. Again against Dallas, everyone that was at the game njoticed how far back Cowboys were playing their safeties. (protect against his speed) You do that and your going to get hurt real bad against raiders runnimng backs and there other weapons.

Raiders big problems right now is still on defense. Raiders have so much quality depth at some positions, (Rb, Wr,) that I think they use that talent to get what they are looking for.

2. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

just a pro bowler? you must not be as high on him as you were Michael Huff. you predicted he would be defensive rookie of the year back in 06. how is he gonna work into that safety tandem for years to come?

3. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I give you this jeaux... there's never a shortage of sig quotes with you posting

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I feel so cheated. These should be the salad days for what once was a "young and exciting defense."

And, by the way, kindly quit trading whatever talent you still have to the Patriots for a sack of footballs and a handful of free barbecue coupons. It's bad enough stinking up the NFL, but does Raider Nation have to be stupid also?

5. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I read a different article on the situation and it had a great quote in it.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/17/sources-raiders-coach-tom-cable-punched-assistant-during-alterc/

#45 BamaZeus, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

As much crap as we give Joe, I'll give him credit, he supports his team whole-heartedly. Can't say he's a fair weather fan.

7. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Nothing bothers me more then fair weather fans :raiders:

8. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Me either.

BTW, I'll be on the Pats message boards until the Jets win the division. See ya.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Translation: "I like coaches who are dumb enough that I can keep up."

Al Davis does too. That's why he keeps hiring morons to coach his team.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

:rofl: :lol:

Yes, it's good if your coaching staff is sucker punching each other because it shows they're tough.

If true, that's not exactly surprising.

#50 Yisman, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  11. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

Al Daviis has the best law department in thee Country.(whhen you been around NFL that long, you learns something) Raider will fight this all the way. Schlemberdg, WeinStein and Co. has all the legaal backgrounds. He passed the BaR with a 99%% specializes in defend douchebags. (all the experts say he's on the same development as John Cochoran)). Ever hear of State. v. Oakland? Didn't tink so. >Listen, Raider will fight this all the way, and look out NFL, when ToM Cable is proven not guilty Riader will turn their season around and ralLley around his innocence.
    Ryan wish he could be half the coach Cablee is(Cash in on Old Manns name, like Kiffins)

Do the JetSs even have a law department. Musst have borrowod oakland lawyer to get Markk Sanchez off a rape charges

#51 NJrocket24, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  12. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

That was pretty good. You left out a 40 time though.

13. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Can you say "blown out of proportion"? Read Matt Bowen's take on National Football Post. He makes sense because, A) he's an ex-player, and B) his livelihood is not based on creating controversy to fuel ratings and readership like some of the football Perez Hiltons out there:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Raiders-clash-Nothing-unusual-in-NFL.html

14. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

the thing thats hilarious to me is that its out. Everybody hates everybody in RaiderRanch and people are aching to get other people shipped away. Spite runs the gayders.

15. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

Well its all fun and games and stress relief...until someone breaks someone else jaw. Then it becomes a crime. You can chalk it up to a mutual fight and thats fine if there are no injuries and no one wants to press charges. Then when it becomes serious where someone suffers physical injury, it is no longer a mutual fight and is an assault. What if he suckered him and the other coach fell and cracked his head open on the floor. Is that still just a mutual fight and should be no charges? The answer is no.

#55 NJrocket24, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  16. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

The problem with your post is all the "what ifs". We don't know what happened, but we do know that nobody has pressed charges; that's a fact. We also know that there are a lot of reports stating that the original version (Cable sucker punches a guy half his size) is not the way it went down.

My point is pro football is nothing like your or my workplace, no matter how many people want to act as though it is. As Bowen said, this kind of thing happens much more often than you might think, and it's not going to "derail" the team or anything.

I am thankful to Brett Favre for coming along at the right time to draw at least some of the piranhas to Minnesota!

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Cable Threatened to Kill Hansen

"We recently heard from a very good source that the decision of Raiders defensive assistant Randy Hanson not to press charges after getting his face broken in early August was driven by a desire to avoid publicity and that, because publicity has now arrived, Hanson might change his mind.

Apparently, he has.

Per Brad Biggs of NFP, Hanson has retained a lawyer and is cooperating with police. Among other things, Hanson has provided the authorities with medical records reflecting not that he has a broken facial bone, but that he has a broken jaw.

According to Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports, Hanson is "back in the hospital" due to swelling in the jaw. Citing an unnamed source close to Hanson, Silver reports that Cable "is definitely" responsible for the injury, and that Cable "had to be pulled off of [Hanson] two times."

Per Biggs, who also cites an unnamed source, "Cable knocked Hanson out of his chair and up against the wall and into a cabinet. Cable and Hanson fell to the floor, where Hanson was choked, . . . and Cable was pulled off Hanson by the other men before Cable went after Hanson again."

Cable allegedly said while allegedly choking Hanson, "I am going to kill you, I am going to kill you."

It is PFT but what the hell. If true Oakland will be an even bigger mess if that is possible.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/20/tom-cable-case-is-getting-weirder-by-the-day/

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Just when I start to think my Islanders are the biggest fucking joke in all of sports the Raiders have to one up them. Christ thats silly. :rofl:

19. ........

........ Trolls

Anyone who believes this story clearly doesn't know the Raiders. As Joe will tell you, if Cable wanted to kill Hansen, he'd have done it, faster than any other coach in the league possibly could (Al loves speed), and Raiders fans everywhere would be celebrating the greatest coach in franchise history as he was led away in handcuffs.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Tom Cable (6'3 305 5.5) was demonstrating to the player and staff what killer instinct looks like.