A Newbie opinion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dayanksmp, Apr 29, 2006.

1. dayanksmp

dayanksmp New Member

This is my first post so try not to kill me... I know we made a very big move forward as it relates to our offensive line and I'm happy about that.. but I can't say that I'm excited about our moves. I am disappointed. Nick Mangold was a great pick. I just think we could've taken a playmaker at 4 or even traded down and take winston justice at 35... if he wasn't available we could've taken Marcus Mcneil etc. I just don't think ferguson is that much better then these linemen. We are going to spend a lot of money on a tackle-we had the opportunity to take the qb of the future or to trade for more picks. We also passed up on lendale white who is a great running back and could've been the replacement for martin-he might've been overweight but I watched him at USC and he was incredible. We have an O-line now.. but our QB situation is not good and I am not a fan of Klemens at all. He is a career back-up at best and we have enough career-back-ups. I hope we take hagan? because we need WR help also. I understand us not being a super bowl team this year. but we are not going to be much better with our offense the way it is. I might be rambling a bit but this is just one man's opinion. I love the jets and I want to back our new FO... i just hope we figure out how to score touchdowns.

2. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

Key to scoring TDs is having an offensive line opens holes for an RB and provide time for a QB. Our first round was a great step to doing both things.

3. dayanksmp

dayanksmp New Member

yes i agree with that... but we have 3 questionable qbs now... one wide receiver to throw it to and a running back who i think is a god.. but he is getting older and slower. as i've said.. i agree the first round was great... but we could've gotten leinart at 4, mangold at 29, and winston justice at 35.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I know you are a newbee and I'll try to be gentle, but how can you not be high on a QB when you can't even come close to spelling his name correctly. What can you possibly know about him if you don't even know his name????

5. The Offseason

The Offseason New Member

It just means his fingers we're moving too fast for his brain to process. Chillax, I think he made a decent post.

6. akibud

akibud Active Member

welcome ... I am fairly new to the board myself. But I would advise you to drop the "playmaker" references..

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Football is a team sport. "Playmakers" can't make plays if the trenches consist of mediocre players (see New York Jets, 2005).

8. dayanksmp

dayanksmp New Member

i apologize for not knowing his name but i was typing fast... i see people on this message board screwing names up all the time. Clemons- i know of him and I've read scouting reports and I'm just not happy with the pick. I don't think he is a quarterback worth that pick. Drafting a career backup wasn't a good idea in my opinion. I didn't mean to make the "playmaker" reference. What i mean to say is that we need a young offensive talent. We don't have a strong receiving core and our running back isn't getting any younger.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Explain why Clemens is a career backup.

10. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

i think we made good picks in retrospect. next year, we won't see the effects of these picks. but if we can retain these guys, then three, four years down the line this draft could really be a turning point for us.

11. dayanksmp

dayanksmp New Member

Is it Clemens or Clemons? His accuracy is questionable. At one point he was projected in the 5th or 6th round... he could surprise us and I hope he does. I've been hearing good things about his arm strength and I'm happy about that. I'm hoping for the best. If anything he is a project but we don't have a veteran on the roster for him to learn from.

12. ChadisGoldenBoy

ChadisGoldenBoy New Member

If you are unsure of his name, I don't think you should be giving advanced scouting reports on him.

Just a tip, if you are going to make a post, and try and sound inteligent, look up his name first before you start typing.

13. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Since you asked its Clemens and it really doesn't matter when he was projected. Brady was taken in the 6th round and we all know what he's done. Now I'm not saying he's going to be better or even as good as Brady, all I'm saying it that it doesn't matter what round he's taking in. I just don't see how Jaws and all the others can be wrong about him!

#13 Hot Rod, Apr 29, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  14. akibud

akibud Active Member

the problem with the "playmaker' moniker is that, once the OL is actually stout and solid!! your "playmaker" can come from anywhere!! 4th 5th round current roster, future free agents, anywhere..

15. dayanksmp

dayanksmp New Member

you know what.. im optimistic about this team and though the draft hasn't fallen exactly the way i wanted it... we are going to have a solid O-line and you can't be upset about that.