A shorter Pennington! Why?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Apr 29, 2006.

1. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

The Vikings were going to take him, buddy.

Why Kellen Clemmens? 64% Completion Rating, 19 TDs, 4 INTs. Kid's gonna be great.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Very good picks. I have not been this excited about the Jets in a long time. I feel very optimistic in the direction this team is headed.

3. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

ok, they just showed some more Clemens footage on SNY...and I'll take it one step further and say this kid has a VERY strong arm...borderline cannon.

did the thread starter read Clemens' High School evaluation by mistake?

4. Warrior

Warrior Member

So in the end the Jets got their QB - Clemens and they traded the #189 and #211 for next years Redskins' 2nd round pick. Would you guys trade a 6th and 7th round pick for a 2nd rounder??

5. ekaarons

ekaarons Member

wake up and live.the guy has all the essentials to play in the meadowlands.

6. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Because 2nd round players are often better than players selected in the 6th or 7th round.

#26 JetInAbsentia, Apr 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2005
  7. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

Good news. I'm curious, after watching him play, are you happy we drafted him? I don;t know much about this kid.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Jaws said this morning before the draft that he would be the best QB in the draft.... I'd say the guy knows a little something about the QB position.

9. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

these are practically the same knocks they had on brady coming out

10. Boom Dawg

Boom Dawg New Member

This guy has a cannon for an arm...just watched that highlight real of him. Besides the fact he can throw the deep ball what stood out was that he is pretty mobile and is accurate while throwing on the run.

11. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/kellenclemens.html

Strengths:
    Moves well in the pocket...Very efficient in the short passing game...Displays good mechanics...Throws well on the run...Good touch and timing...Gives his receivers a chance to run after the catch...Smart and a hard worker...A gamer with somewhat of a gunslinger mentality...Mature and a great leader with excellent intangibles.

Weaknesses:
    Arm strength is only average at best...Does not have great size...Struggles with his accuracy...Not a great athlete...Doesn't throw the deep ball well...Is too quick to leave the pocket and run...Makes some poor decisions and will force the action...Needs to stay calm and in control of his emotions...Has a limited upside.

Average arm strength at best?! Ok, now I'm confused, does he have a cannon or does he just throw ducks?

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I had Clemens as the 2nd best QB after Cutler. Whitehurst would have been the only other worth drafting.

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I've heard from multiple people that he has a strong arm, and I've seen it on video. One or two scouting reports that say other wise can't change that.

14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Why do people believe EVERYTHING they read. If you ever watched him play, you would know how good his arm really is. He has a strong arm. Not the strongest, but it is VERY obvious that he can deliever the long ball.

15. Boom Dawg

Boom Dawg New Member

From what i can see he has a strong arm

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Clemens plays the position like Tom Brady. He is good in the pocket. He is a tough guy. His arm is not John Elway-like, but it is good enough like Brady's arm.

17. 1028

1028 Active Member

NFLDC is overrated IMO, there are much better sites out there

18. WorkinStiff

WorkinStiff New Member

You won't regret this pick....

I live in Oregon and have watched Clemens for 4 yrs....He has dramatically improved each year despite playing under 3 offensive coordinaters...He picked up each new offensive quickly...He's very bright and confident, a great leader......He is one these kids who physically matures late...His arm strength has improved dramatically over the years,,,Personally I don't think you'll be comparing him to Brady in a couple years, more like Brett Favre...
    Like Favre, he's from a small town....actually grew up on a ranch where he spent springs driving cattle up into the high country of the Ochoco Mountains...and falls driving them back down again..He's a genuine cowboy....His ranch has been in his family since the 1800s, although I believe that he was adopted...There is just something special about this kid , as in Hall of Fame special......

19. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

I know everyone is tired of comparison's to Brady, but if you are going on scouting reports, what would your reaction to drafting Brady have been after reading this:

A scouting report written before the draft sized up Brady this way: "Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm."

I know, I know, you would have said "GREAT PICK"