Revis Among 4 Starters To Miss Jets' Game Vs Rams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sozopol, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

They need to be 100% healthy before returning to action, I support this decision.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree. But I am worried that Mangold will be out all pre-season. That is more serious than listing someone as probable.

3. WhiteShaft04

WhiteShaft04 Banned

whoever mentions the T word should be immediately banned

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I don't care. If I can get a stream I'm going to watch it all and love it, unless we lose.

Football is back. :lol:

If Ainge is with the 2s look for his Ratliff moment as Clowney beats some guy that will be clearing trash next season for a living.

5. badbob2222

badbob2222 New Member

Is this game going to be on TV? If so does anyone know what channel?

6. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

most likely the channel they are always on: CBS.

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I dont see them beating the Rams on Friday. Oh well. Jets lost to the RAIDERS in regular season last year. Same thing.

8. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i think NFL Network might be playing the game live. not too sure but for those that have it im sure it will air sometime between Fri Night and Sat morning.

ill be at work long enough to miss the parts worth watching. guess ill make it in time to evaluate whos gonna make the cuts.

which reminds me, any word on Murell? was he cut or is he just invisible this camp. he looked like a solid prospect last year.

10. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I think they want to save these guys for the real games, too.

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Agreed. It is pre-seaason; why risk a proven commodity when the win is absolutely valueless.

There have been sooooo many times in Jets history when they have won all their pre-seaason games and then went on to mediocre to poor years.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Most of last year's pre-season for me centered around the Browns game and that was only because it was the 1st game and I was amped to see some football....recall Derek Anderson walking the Brownies down the field on their opening drive, Braylon Edwards schooling our young DB with some sick sideline catches...the teams leaving the field because of lightning....then returning for a double dose of Ratliff-to-Clowney 'lighting' (and reading the attendant "Montana-to-Rice!" fall-out from it) :wink:

The Rams are a team the Jets led 40-zip at half last year and if the Jet coaches, being in close daily contact with the players (and trainers) want to play it close to the vest, that's fine by me. Sure I'm gonna tune in to check out the hopefully not-so-invisible "Ghost," the kids Green & Slauson, the "other" D-lineman and the QB's including Eric Ainge as well as the "other" WR's besides Cotch & Stuckey. But (knock on wood) I'm more concerned with getting to the regular season with only Ellis and Pace missing the Texan game.

Just watch: Eric Ainge and "Mystery Man" Britt Davis hook up for a pair of TD's against the Rams' 3rd-stringers and suddenly come Saturday morning, it's raining "Ratliff-Clowney" on TGG once again--j/k. But, that would probably get the Kellen Clement detractors squawkin' like magpies for his head.

#32 joe, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009