17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

If the Jets' 20% discount on Season Packages involves not charging for Preseason Games, I'll be pissed. I've already paid for Friday night's game and it's not worth going to. Nor is the Philly game. In fact, my tickets will go to waste. These so-called "Preseason Games" are not "games" anymore. They haven't been since about 1992 or so. Their Preseason Games are Exhibition Partial Scrimmages and should be labelled and sold as such.

You're lucky if you see the 1st Squad in most of the 1st quarter. After that, you're looking at guys who will be moving furniture in Des Moines, Iowa after the summer.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

holy 2500! greatest thread in theganggreen history!

3. coorslightcans

section 227 i talked to mike from the jets today about 2009season tickets he offered to NOT include the pre-season games in my ticket package if i purchased 2009 tickets. that really sucks for you guys that did. ( me included as i paid my bro-in-law and it included pre-season). they seem really desperate to sell tickets.

4. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

F Woody !!!!!

I wish Woody could read some of the comments in this thread so he could see just how pissed off and angry he has made his long time season ticket holders.

Oh, wait, I forgot, he doesn't give a shit ....

5. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I agree there will a larger number of quality seats sold to corporations ( read Club seats) but I doubt many corporations will be buying the 4k/5k and even 10k/15k seats , why would they - since those seats come with no perks . They will spring for the higher priced PSL's as they get the little ameneties that will woo and impress their clients.

As far as fans selling their tickets on ebay or ticketmaster, I really think the PSL's will regulate that. I know if I had a PSL i would not be selling to anyone anonomously for fear of losing my tickets , its a much larger investment now and people would be judicious to trust anybody in their seats. And with the uppers filled with the oldtimers and "diehards" I wouldn't expect too many of them to be selling their tickets.

Everyone, keeps saying how easy it would be to get tickets ,for this season I agree but when the new stadium opens I just don't see it. Fans plunking down large cash for their PSL's will go to the games , the diehards and long timers are loyal and therefore will not sell their seats - so I just can't see where all the excess ticket demand will come from

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

mehl they were talking earlier in the thread that the jets sold huge blocks of seats in the uppers to resellers. something along the lines if they had 10 seats in the old stadium they could but... 50? in the new. does anyone else remember what the numbers were that were getting thrown around?

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That last pre-season game is an absolute joke anymore. Anyone who might be an important player sits out, yet the tickets and parking are full price.

8. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

My blood is BOILING while reading this!!! This is a fukking disgrace!! They threaten their loyal fans with "PAY BY MAY 1 FOR YOUR SEASON TICKETS OR LOSE THEM"...now they offer discounts, and don't acknowledge this in any way to the current season ticket holders? You'd think as a wise business move, you would offer everyone who renewed their seasons on time a 40% off voucher for items in the stadium, a free jersey of their choice...SOMETHING to try and make it right! I've never seen anything like this before?? As the point was made earlier, if this happens in the retail world, you go back to the store and get a price improvement. This is absolute bullshit!!! FUK WOODY and the entire business team who is heading up this shitshow!! They have really made my decision to leave my season tickets and ride into the sunset much easier. Why would anyone in their right mind trust this organization, and plunk down money for 2010 now? If we all play our cards right, we should expect more discounted prices next summer. Why pay anything now? They did this to themselves, and have no one to blame but their awful business decisions. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.

9. Section 227. Row 5

WHAT? I want a refund on my Preseasons now.

I'm calling the ticket office today and unloading. Someone needs to get their head out of their ass.

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I Say 10am Every Season Ticket Holder On This Board Calls The Jets Ticket Office.

Lets Float The Phone Lines.

1-973-549-4600

Im Calling Anyone Else With Me?

Copy And Paste
    1.17a

11. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Let me know if you get anywhere. When I called them up 2 weeks ago, they gave me some canned response saying "I'm sorry sir, but your tickets are non-refundable." They also tried saying "we understand your concerns, but we can assure you that no one is being offered discounted packages." SKUMBAGS!! When I asked to have my seat changed from it's current location, they said "I'm sorry, but your tickets have been printed and we cannot move you at this time." FUKKING PRINT ME SOME NEW TICKETS YOU CLOWNS!!! This really has me burned up today...

12. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I Say 10am Every Season Ticket Holder On This Board Calls The Jets Ticket Office.

Lets Float The Phone Lines.

1-973-549-4600

Im Calling Anyone Else With Me?

Copy And Paste
    1.17a
    2. Rudd28 (AGAIN)

13. 17a_tailgater

If you lose your tix they let you print new ones from a computer for a $2 per tix fee of course. and the lost tix become void.

are we idiots??? they use bar codes now,no more ripping of tickets.

this is pathetic

14. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

What I meant in my rant, was "print me new tickets in an upgraded section"...I haven't lost my current seasons.

15. Section 227. Row 5

It's not possible for me to call at 10AM but I WILL be calling today and will let everyone know the conversation.

I had to be a sheep with my phone conversations with my "rep" but I'll be damned if I'll do that now. I paid good money for those phony football scrimmages and I'm going to unload on somebody.

25 years worth of loyalty in the same seat and never complained once or busted their balls for an upgrade... not one phone call in all those years. Now you're charging me for that shit and somebody else who comes along at the last minute and gets off the hook on them? You're going to fuck me this way after all these years? I don't think so.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You know the saying buyer beware. In this case they are desparate to fill the stadium.

17. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I paid good money for those phony football scrimmages and I'm going to unload on somebody.

I handed my doorman two Mezz tix for Friday night on my way out this morning ($230 down the drain)...He looked at me like I handed him a poisonous snake. He said "hopefully I can find someone who can use them". Thanks again Woody...

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

:rofl: Holy crap do people hate preseason or what?

19. 17a_tailgater

i know. what i meant was if they can charge $2 per tix to reprint your current why cant they just upgrade you and let you reprint out paper tix and resell your seats and print those????

they are allowing the new season tix holders who signe dup late to print the preseason off the internet b/c there actual tix havent been made yet.

20. Section 227. Row 5

How about $480 plus parking? That's what I had to pay the Jets for my 4 tickets for Friday night.

Yeah, I know... nobody made me do it.