Pre-Camp Power Rankings - Jets # 21 !!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsMan7, Jul 23, 2009.

1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Here's the problem. Edwards gets nipped up and loses a couple of games every season since he's came in. In 2007, he hurt his wrist and missed a few games. In 2008, it was the same story. Since losing Peters, and shuffling a few players on that OL, I don't see him making it out of the season with 16 games under his belt. Take him out of the equation and who do they have to throw the ball to Evans and T.O.? Their D is pretty decent. I'll give you that. T.O. will be a factor if the line holds up and Edwards plays the entire year. If they can be 100% healthy, they can be a wildcard contender...maybe. Also, don't forget to take Jauron's miscues into effect. The coaching up there isn't great. Too many factors in my book to make them better than the us or the Dolphins.

2. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

shouldnt you be busy raising your son, or pleasing your chewbacca, or keeping it real with your gangsta rap, or going to europe to play semi-pro basketball, or being a lawyer, or watching the rays suck or something?? oh and working part time as an electrician???

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He's only been in the league 2 years and he wasn't the starter coming into the '07 season. if he goes down that changes things but w/ a healthy Edwards they have a chance to have a really good offense.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bahaha 'pleasing your Chewbacca'.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Wow! What can I say? Looks like the Jets will win the superbowl here in 2009 with this Jets 3-4 defense! Holy cow!!

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

True. They have a better chance certainly. In 2007 he didn't start, but he did come in and took over as the starter. He played a couple of games, and then got hurt. Losman took over as QB and had so-so/shitty games. Dick named him the starting QB once again before finishing out the year. He started in 10 games I think in 2007 and finished as the starting QB that season. In 2008, it happened again. Too much inconsistency on Edwards part, which can be closely tied to the OL. Until they can keep him upright, I can't rely on that offense to carry that team for long.

7. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

completely agree with you..

all this arguing about rankings is dumb the more i think about it. because on paper teams do not mean anything. every year there are those teams that are supposed to win the superbowl and dont even make the playoffs and then there are teams that arnt supposed to win 4 games and go on a deep playoff run.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You know what? I think here in 2009 this is a very young and exciting time to be posting on a Jets message board. Did I mention I have a girl?

9. abyzmul

Trip to Croatia FTW.

10. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

Maybe you see something in Edwards that I haven't picked up on. Granted, I've only watched him a handful of times but my impression is mediocre at best. With Lynch gone the first 4 games of the season and the entire offensive line playing a new position - read that last part again if you need to, and a solid chance that their two rookies could actually win the gaurd spots. It might be the worst offensive line in the NFL, and they have absolutely no depth behind it.

And, Dick Jauron. Dick Jauron...

11. abyzmul

Dick Jauron, definitely the reason the Bills will be sub-.500 again.

12. nyjunc

I think Edwards is a Chad type, if he can stay healthy he's good and he has weapons all around him. Lynch is out and that is big to start the season BUT Fred Jackson is really good so they can survive short term.

We'll see what the OL looks like. We had 3 new starters last year and our line was good, in '06 we had 2 rookie starters at the 2 most important OL positions and our OL was good.

13. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

Not even remotely close to being the same situation. You guys signed quality replacements, the Bills are throwing garbage out there. I consider the C and LT positions to be the most important and you guys had two very solid starters returning. The Bills - do not. There is no continuity on that line, none.

14. nyjunc

We had rookies manning those 2 positions in 2006. We'll see, I hope their OL sucks b/c that may be the only thing that can hold them back from being ahead of our teams.

15. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

My bad, I misread.

16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Not sure really how much bulletin board material can be gleamed from this article. I think we all hope that one day Sanchez is the franchise QB we've wanted since forever, but we have no idea who is going to be playing the most important position in all of sports. If we had acquired Cutler with all the exact same moves I could see us being rated higher, like maybe 14-15.

With all the unknown surrounding this offense I thinks it's about right...

17. Quack

Quack New Member

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to facing the Panthers. The Saints and Bucs are fairly unpredictable and it's unlikely that the Falcons repeat last year's success but they won't be pushovers, either. They aren't a bad division to face. But it isn't like the NFC West or anything (which reminds me, that was fucking pathetic last year). Carolina's run game vs the Jets' run defense could be one cool as hell matchup, now that I think about it.

18. chris66

chris66 Member

I see DWC is back in the house.

19. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

so how long til smashmouth asks us all to check out his myspace? i give it a month

20. SmashMouth

SmashMouth Active Member

Yeah, I'm looking foward to the Panthers game, thats because I cant see the Panthers rushing the rock all over this Jets D, not this year, after the addition of Bart Scott with a healthy David Harris? I just cant.

Revis on Steve Smith should be on hell of an exciting matchup though. All in all... Bart Scott, David Harris and Kris Jenkins could make for one of the best run stuffing triple-combo-threats in all of Football this year and thats something to be excited about. As long as those 3 players stay healthy, we could have a nasty run Defense under Rex Ryan.

The Jets run D was ranked 6th last year against the run, only allowing an average of 3.7 yards per carry against. Keep in mind, that was without Bart Scott; one of the best run stuffing 3-4 MLB's in the game today, David Harris missed 5 games because of a nagging injury and Kris Jenkins was beat up when it was all said and done...This year? I expect something special from those 3 guys againt the run.