Pre-Camp Power Rankings - Jets # 21 !!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsMan7, Jul 23, 2009.

1. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

I know its early but some of those teams do not belong ahead of us IMO - Cant wait to move up the rankings during the season!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

21 Jets 9-7-0 - 21/21

SUMMER STRENGTH: Thanks to their new head coach, this team is boiling over in attitude and confidence heading into camp, which is a good thing coming off last December's heartbreaking fade. But Rex Ryan's brash nature is carrying over to his team, lending real hope they can contend without Brett Favre.
    CAMP CONCERN: Earth to Vernon Gholston, come in Gholston. Last year's first-round pick is under big pressure to finally arrive in the Big Apple. And speaking of arrivals, Jets fans are crossing their fingers that their tag-team RB duo of Thomas Jones-Leon Washington will actually report to camp despite contract disputes.
    COOL STAT: For the first time since 2001, the Jets could enter the season with the same starting O-line as the year before.

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

The Buffalo Bills are 15th, ahead of both Miami and the Jets.

That's all you need to know about how moronic Fox Sports is, or at least Adrian Hasenmayer.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Until the Jets offense proves to be at least competent I wouldn't be surprised to see us ranked real low in a lot of these "power rankings". I'm actually surprised they have us as high as 21.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

BULLETIN BOARD MATERIELS, FOOLS!!!i!

5. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

as high as 21? really? i know we should be nowhere near the top ten but 15-18 sounds good to me. this isnt the worst jets team iv seen coming into a season before. they won 9 games last year and thats with a unbelievable break down and they are returning most the team with improved coaching. not to mention there are a lot of bad teams this year

6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

team folds down the stretch, misses the playoffs, loses coach, QB and #1 WR.

And you want them ranked higher than 21?

7. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

bills
    browns
    texans
    raiders
    chiefs
    lions
    rams
    seahawks
    49ers
    bucs
    bengals
    jags
    broncos
    dolphins

those are all the teams i think the jets are better then. and i think they are better then a couple other teams i didnt mention also.

yes the folded but most of that reason is because of the coach which is now gone. and yes we have a rookie head coach but i dont want to to hear that argument because he comes in giving us a better defense and hes not some young rookie coach, the man has been around awhile.

and our offensive coaches are good enough to be able to cover up the fact that we have a young qb and no number 1 receiver(which i am positive one will step up this preseason.) people think that just because we dont have a big name receiver that our wrs are going to suck. all big names had to start somewhere, most of them didnt come out of college expecting to lead the league.

8. SmashMouth

SmashMouth Active Member

That list was a complete joke. For example...The Titans? Really? They just lost one of the best impact defensive players in the game today; Haynesworth. And who's their #1 WR? "Justin Gage"? Are you kidding me?

All I'm gonna say is this...I hope Rex Ryan shows this piece of garbage list to the whole locker room...If that cant get them pumped up, nothing can. That list was a joke and as a Jets fan...I enjoy rankings like these because the Jets have always been tough as under dogs and I just cant believe what I just seen. Like, really?

9. WhiteShoeWillis

You have a first time head coach, an inexperienced QB, and no big receiving threats. The team sucked down the stretch last season and has pretty much no depth at any position other than RB and maybe DB.

Someone who is not a Jet fan isn't going to look at the Jets and be like, yeah this is a solid team.

10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Vinn, I hear you, and I'm rooting hard with you.

I also think that if you were a die-hard fan of at least half of the teams you just listed, and you were naming all the teams worse than them coming into this season, you would put the Jets on that list.

11. SmashMouth

SmashMouth Active Member

I could care less about the NFC Teams.

Bills
    Dolphins
    Ravens
    Bengals
    Browns
    Texans
    Jags
    Titans
    Broncos
    Chiefs
    Raiders

Are all the AFC Teams that I feel the Jets can compete against, I also feel we have a better overall team than each and every one of those teams.

Bills? Horrid O-Line.

Dolphins? Pennington comes crashing back down to earth, wildcat gets shut down.

Ravens? An average QB-Just lost their only productive WR in Mason, just lost a great 3-4 Defensive coach in Rex, just lost a solid 3-4 MLB.

Bengals---7-9, 9-7 type of team...Could be a horrid team thogh-Nothing special.

Browns-Two words...Eric Mangini. That team is toast.

Texans-Best overall team on that list...Could give the Jets a run for their money with the AFC Wild Card (If the Patriots play as expected)

Bronocs- Are you kidding me? Their a mess right now. Lost their franchise QB, Marshall is problems and their Defense is one of the worst around.

Chiefs- How many games have they won over the past 3-4 years? They could be a 3-13, 6-10 type of team because Cassel is nothing special.

Raiders- Get real. They could be improved...Maybe 7-8 W's at the most...They have problems in alot of areas.

Titans- Fluke year last year. Kerry Collins? Yeah, ok. Just lost Haynesworth? That run Defense pretty much just took a huge step back. 9-7 @ best.

Jags-They had a horrid year, but this is my AFC team to make the biggest comeback from last year, they have some talent.

Pats
    Colts
    Steelers
    Chargers

Could be the divison winners...The rest of the AFC teams are nothing special, nothing special @ all.

Texans, Dolphins, Jags and Jets are the ONLY 4 teams in the AFC that I can picture making a run for the playoffs this year as wild card teams....Only two of those 4 teams make it and I'm sorry...But the Jets are better than both the Texans and Dolphins this year.

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

21 sounds about right to me.

Jets may have a lot of growing pains and need to prove a lot to the rest of the league.

13. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

On other sites across the country Seahawk, 49er, Bronco, and Raider fans are going "The Jets? Really? They just lost their starting QB; Favre. And who's their #1 WR? "Jerricho Cotchery?" Are you kidding me?

14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Dolphins were ranked pretty low last year and wound up winning the division. There may be no more meaningless sports articles then pre-season rankings determined by one guy.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hahahaha true. I think #21 is the right area to rank us as of today.

16. SmashMouth

SmashMouth Active Member

The Jets just drafted a potential Franchise type of QB.

Jerricho Cotchery has just about 3,000 yards, in 3 years, with 3 different QB's. He's more than productive.

The Jets have Dustin Keller, he showed us as a rookie last year, why he was ranked as the Nations #1 pass catching TE coming out of college.

The Jets have a Franchise LT in D'Brickishaw Fergsuon, a future HOF LG in Faneca who's still only 32 years of age, still a top 5 LG as far as run blocking goes. The Jets have Nick Mangold; one of the best centers in the game today and overall...This Jets O-Line ranks top 5 in the league.

Thomas Jones just rushed for the most yards of any AFC back last year with an average yards per carry of 4.5 on the year. The Jets rushing attack ranked #5 in average yards per carry last year.

We just added the Nations #1 ranked RB last year in Shonn Greene; "Doak Walker" award winner.

We have a defense full of nothing but proven talent (Pace, Harris, Scott, Revis, Rhodes, Sheppard, Ellis and Jenkins (8 of 11 talented starters) with young potential-talent in Leonhard, Gholston and Lowery and guess what? We now have one of the best 3-4 Defensive minds in the game today calling the shots while sending the pressure from all different types of angles; Rex Ryan.

Revis and Sheppard could make for one of the best 1-2 punches @ the CB position.

Bart Scott and David Harris are built for the 3-4 Defense and could be one of the best 1-2 punches at the LB positon here in 2009.

I believe the Jets were ranked top 7 in the league last year in run defense, only allowing like 3.6 yards per carry against the run. That was WITHOUT Scott and David Harris missed 5 games because of a nagging hammy. Scott-Harris-Jenkins, if healthy...Will make for one of the best triple-combo-threats against the run this year-Hands down...Good luck running against this unit.

We also have one of the most explosive KR in the game today...lol, I can go on and on...This is the best overall Jets team we've ever had since 1998 and yes, I feel it's much better than the 2004 Jets squad when looking at overall player talent.

#16 SmashMouth, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  17. WhiteShoeWillis

^ I see you're finally back.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Totally blew his cover with that post.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Buffalo should be ranked higher than both us and Miami heading into the season.

20. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Care to explain why? Anyways let's not forget we play the NFC south which isn't that bad...