Dolphins/Jets week 17 game on NFLN now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Psycho 78, Jul 12, 2009.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

that Zach Thomas jersey would be the perfect "rag" to wipe up with after you're done with here......if you catch my drift.

2. xeticus

xeticus Member

I never liked the pick. I'm so over him. I'm much more excited by Davone Bess, Greg Camarillo (if he returns well from his injury) and our new big target Patrick Turner from USC.

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Hey, did anybody tune in this past Sunday when the Ravens came to Fish Stadium?

4. Psycho 78

Psycho 78 New Member

I watched it. I'm man enough to admit that we were beat unlike Jets fans who can't admit that they choked and blew the AFC East last year.

I can understand why you watched it. You guys love to watch other teams take care of your business. After winning the division only two times in forty years I would say you are damn used to doing that.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets did choke, but it wasn't against the Phins. They had given up by that point.

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

This is proof you Dolphins fans come here to talk shit well after the fact. If you had been here throughout last season, you would know that most Jet fans have said we choked down the stretch last year.

I've been watching Replay all season long (mostly because I'm hungover from the night before so that's all I do all day). I record all Jet games on Replay and some games from Divisional rivals. I have the Dolphins/Chiefs game, Patriots/Dolphins, and Dolphins/Bills game. I also recorded the Jets/Raiders and the 1st and 2nd Jets/Dolphins games. So it's not at all about watching other teams take care of our business. I have taken a special interest in the Ravens this season on Replay because of the style of Defense that I think we're going to try to replicate here in NY. It just so happened that the Dolphins we're first on their list and I just wondered how many Dolphins fans watched their team get crushed by a real defense. That's all. If it's okay with you, I'm gonna keep watching the Ravens into next week when they take on the Titans and the Steelers. Two teams that have nothing to do with the AFC East.

7. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

The Jets choked, Favre had given up...

8. FinsFan24

FinsFan24 New Member

The Jets didnt choke last year. They were just beat by the better team. A team with a better QB (thanks to the jets), a better defense, and who just flat out wanted it more. I am glad you guys have RR because now maybe you can have the defense capable of doing something. Too bad we are still gonna win the Division and remain the team to beat in the AFC East.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yeah because the Pats are just not good anymore. </sarcasm>

10. FinsFan24

FinsFan24 New Member

Its not that the Pats aren't good. Vegas has them as SB favorites. But we won the division last year, and we have to have that title taken from us. Until that happens, MIAMI is the team to beat. Its just like Pittsburgh, until the next Super Bowl, they are the team to beat in the NFL. Thats how it goes in this league.

11. abyzmul

Yes, that's what you would like to think. Unfortunately for both of us, the Phins and Jets are closer to each other than either one is right now to the Pats.

Division championships are virtually meaningless.

12. FinsFan24

FinsFan24 New Member

HA! If Division Championships were meaningless than we would have not been in the playoffs last year. The only reason you say they are meaningless is because Miami has won 2 this decade and New York has won only 2 in its entire history. Stop being a homer.

13. abyzmul

Go ahead and count me out all of the division championships that Marino won, because they are equally as meaningless.

14. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

I hate the history argument. To be completely honest I hate debating anything other than the present and past year - it's all that matters. All I hear out of Dolphins fans is we have a richer history and we've accomplished more, and Jets fans counter with the we've owned you over the past 10 years - right here, right now, neither argument is worth it's weight in baby spit.

15. abyzmul

That's the best part about this time of year, all of the historical arguments go the wayside and we can watch the teams as they truly matter - right now.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Is that really something to be proud of? Winning the division on a tie breaker against a team that lost it's starting QB in the beginning of the season, and then getting bounced in the first round?

Jets fan aren't on the phins board bragging about anything. We know there's nothing to brag about. But, that being said we also know fools gold. You sir, are trying to mortgage your whole up coming season on that crap.

17. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

In fairness, visit the Fins board and it's happening there too. Junc is always at Finheaven spewing garbage doing his best to discredit every accomplishment in the history of the franchise and mentioning the Jets record against the Fins the last 20 matchups.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yeah, junc is always here trying to discredit anything not named Chad Pennington and Herm Edwards.

19. FinsFan24

FinsFan24 New Member

junc is the reason i came on this board in the first place lol. And what does Marino have anything to do with it? Anyway, until the season starts, or at least Training Camp, there really isnt that much to talk about so the conversations tend to be a little skewed this time of year.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It's not boxing dude. The only people who think Miami is the team to beat are Miami fans who are homers.