17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The reason I ask is that I myself was moved but I was told there was nothing available where guys are posting they have been moved to. I was only offered seats around the goal lines or endzones.They gave me many choices but none were sideline options--thats why I ask how many seats

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

after i got rid of the PSL's i put a down payment on, it about a week for my son to throw enough guilt at me to buy season again.im in the upper corner end zone for the 2010 season.2 weeks ago they called me again that my waitlist time was up and that i could get more seasons.and if i bought 2009 seasons they would automatically give me uppers non psl in 2010. i declined.

im telling you their are no rules.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

thanks 17A,,,,,,,,,,AND ANYONE ELSE

4. 17a_tailgater

no problem.we r all in this together

5. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Wait...you first told them you didn't want your PSL endzones. Then you called back, and obviously got them in the NO PSL upper deck. Then they said that if you bought more 2009 season tix, they would throw you more NO PSL upper decks?????????

6. 17a_tailgater

yup...................

7. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

JEEZUS...I mean I think you should have gotten the uppers, after you opted out of your lower PSL. But the fact that they are saying things like "we'll give you more upper decks in the new stadium if you buy 2009 seasons" is retarded??? You'd think they would open themselves up to a lawsuit by saying things like that???

8. 17a_tailgater

these people who are in charge of selling the seats are hired by the jets.their 1 and only job is to fill the stadium any way possible.once they have sold these seats the will no longer work for the jets.

most of them worked for the eagles selling their PSL's too.

9. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Man I did my purchasing for 2009 via Ticketmaster after 1 quick phone conversation with some unhelpful idiot a few days prior (note - I'm sure they're not all unhelpful idiots, but this gentle soul was pretty helpless. But I digress...). So I didn't get to hear of any cool rule-bendy offers like that. I think I sold myself short.

Meanwhile, for the person asking above, I bought just two tickets for 2009. On ticketmaster, when I did "best available" for the various seat types, I did notice very different results when I looked for 2 vs 4 seats. So, it's possible that some of the better seats were only available for people wanting 1 or 2.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this stuff just wont stop amazing me. its a crying shame what is going on in jetsland these days. and the shame of it is that nobody really seems to care. :(

11. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I've come up from the 100's to use the restrooms in the 200's. You are giving away valuable information!!!!

12. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

I took this from another board, but I think the update is valuable:

Ws supposed to get my call on 7/2, but my rep Larry told me they were ahead of schedule

Here is where we stand.

I wanted to get the lower bowl in the corner, and this what thay had for 2 seats(and I could have added more)

131 row 15
    106 row 22
    106 row 34
    146 row 13
    146 row 18
    121 row 22
    121 row 26 (aisle seats which I took)

In the mezz, they had all sections in the lower part in the mezz row 8-9, and in the upper towards the corner of the ez row 13 and up

I was going to shoot for the mezz corners, but figured row 26 in the lower bowl for a extra 1k per seat was ok.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I've been staying away as I was nervous that seats were going fast.

I just read back a few pages and.... what the hell is going on??

I've been in the endzone for 20 years and will continue that tradition.

We got Row 8 two seats in from the isle? Does anyone have the first 2 rows on here??

What tunnels are you referring to in a earlier conversation? Don't the players come in from the sideline now??

14. 17a_tailgater

yes the players come out from behind the jets bench.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Did anyone here get within the first 3 rows??

I really wanted to get there but they said they were "gone", I want to make sure that's true.

Are PSL sales not going well? If I pay full price and they get reduced they better give some money back!!

#2095 MadBacker Prime, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  16. bowleggedwonder

I'm one of those long time season ticket holders (since 1984) who decided to bail this year. To me, it would just be a big tease watching the new stadium getting its finishing touches.

If I'm not going to pay the PSL in 2010, why fork over the money in '09. From what I've read, seems like an awful lot of us "former" season ticket holders felt the same.

Bottom line, I think there will be plenty of tics on the open market for the upcoming season, especially if the team gets off to a 1-2 start. The market always determines the fair value, but I'd be surprised if it's close to what the Jets want to charge.

17. longsufferingjetsfan

Players entering field and seats close to field

The Jets come in from section 123 and the visiting players come in from sectioon 104. I selected seats on May 18th being the last of pre-1977 but always sitting in the endzone. All front row seats, which was my first preference were "gone" (little hard to believe). I took the equivalent of the first row by taking row 11 in section 104 over the opening for the visiting players entrance.

18. z28lt1

z28lt1 New Member

Just spoke to them regarding call dates, and as some had speculated, they are planning on a 2 week break. The are on 1990 today, but at least some of 1991 won't be called until 7/20.

Also, I did try to move my 2009 seats, but got the same "already printed" garbage.

19. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

If they are up to 1990 they are in big trouble. As I understand it, there are still seats available in the upper deck (albeit very bad ones). The lower endzone and the mezzanine end zone are not full. What this tells us is that while 1983 and earlier fans could have filled the upper deck, they didn't. They also didn't join the people from 1984-1990 in going to the mezzanine and lower end zone, since those sections have also not come close to selling out. I think this shows how soft sales are. At this pace one can imagine them reaching well into the 1990's before running out of psl's priced at 5K or lower. This bodes very poorly for selling the obscenely priced psl's which comprise most of the lower level and mezz.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good points all. And "obscene" is a good choice of words when referring to much of the PSL pricing. I think the entire fiasco was overpriced right from the start, even in a good-to-great economy like 2006, for example.

But who does the marketing research for the Jets on this stuff and how do they get so far off the mark? Did they ever send out a serious questionaire? The answer is a resounding no.

I remember getting some early ones, and I mean, there aren't words to describe how ludicrous they were. These were marketing ploys designed to feel out how many people were interested in "amenities." The questionaires were obviously not intended for pure Jets football fans, but rather an elite, fringe, "maybe I'm a Jets fan if I have enough amenities to make it worth my while" crew. I mean, the questionaires were almost juvenile in their approach to "What would you like to see" and, more importantly, "How much would you like to pay" for all the bullshit amenties.

Frankly, people like yours truly were taken aback... intimidated by the questionaire and afraid to provide negative comments. I never even answered the fucking thing because the questions and wording were so one dimensional. They assumed people were willing to pay exhorbitant prices right off the bat just because they were building a new stadium. I'm sure the Jets never really received pure, unadulterated, unpressured response to this "questionaire," and the rest is history.

They chose to go with the higher prices suggested by whatever marketing firm was designated to take over the entire PSL marketing (the same ones the Eagles used, so how bad can they be? - Hee-hee).

Well, maybe New York is a little different than Philadelphia.