17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

But Woody Johnson says differently. Get a load of this bullshit off the Jets website:

FINALLY, WE'RE THE HOME TEAM
    For half a century, the Jets have enjoyed a heroic and deeply devoted fan base. Through thick and thin, you have stuck with us
    as we have migrated around the metropolitan area from one field to another, to another. Of course you are hungry for - and
    deserve - another championship. But you also deserve a home that you can call your own. Our goal with the New Jets Stadium
    is to create the best home field in football and provide a range of seating options so that Jets fans can enjoy the biggest
    upgrade in NFL history. In 2010, that goal will be realized, and all Jets fans can say, finally, we're the home team.

Yours,

Woody

What a flaming asshole.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

another image of the complex.looks like those sidewalks will lead to the tailgating zones the jets are selling.

[​IMG]

3. 17a_tailgater

that tailgate zone that runs down the fifty is sorta where the practice buble is now.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Looks like no tailgate zones to the east or south of the stadium... not much room for parking either. Nice planning job fellas. The west side is definately gonna rock.

But now, the big question is, what about tailgating in the parking lot or other non-designated areas? Those tiny tailgate zones are a freaking joke. They've got to be kidding if they think everybody's gonna be down with that.

One more reason to hate Woody. The only redemption for him now is to bring me a Superbowl win. Anything short of that and he's a shit. Well, maybe he's a shit anyway.

5. Section 227. Row 5

I think I've already picked out my parking area. Straight out the 50 to the west and all the way out to the parking lot with the exit ramp onto the highway. Tailgate and party like hell before the game, then get the hell out of town. Jump on that access road and get on the TPKE heading south and get home in time to watch the other games on TV.

6. 17a_tailgater

Where I Am Now Is Where I Will Stay.

7. Section 227. Row 5

I was in lot 16, which looks like it's still there. I used gate C, so that worked real good for me. It actually looks like it might be better for me to stay there too.

I wonder where that 16H crew is going to go and what they're going to do if the Jets don't allow them to set up. They were very close to where I used to park. My guess is, they're going to try to set up in that exact spot until Woody sends out the attack dogs to shut it down.

They're not bothering anyboedy out there, Woody should just let it happen. Hell be one unpopular son of a bitch if he tries to shut those guys down, let me tell you:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/troop_16h_home.php

8. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

Sorry, but I dont have much more else to add. We only asked about that one side of the stadium because to be honest, we weren't all that interested in upper seats to begin with. It there were some really low ones then we might have considered them, but we werent expecting that at all.

We have been in 101 since 1988, so we are used to the end zone... we figured that is where we would stay...

9. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

Thanks! We are pretty happy with them. We were very surprised that there were seats right against the tunnel like that. Originally we had asked for the very seats that you got (first row above one of the tunnels), but we were told that those were some of the first to go... so congrats to you as well!

I guess come 2010 we are neighbors... see you at the game!

10. 17a_tailgater

btw is that hayden in your picture?

11. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

Yeah, thats her... God I love that picture...

12. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

Finally we're the Home team ?????????????????

FINALLY WE'RE THE HOME TEAM ????????????????????????
    How can you make that statement ?????????????????

Please sell the Jets and get a different hobby you Inbred Fuck !!!
    Stick to selling Baby Shampoo and Q-Tips and sell the team to someone who actually knows something about Football and cares about winning Football Games.

Now go bang your cousin/sister, and then during the small talk afterwards try to sell her a PSL ..... Yee-Haw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. baamf

baamf Active Member

Well as I have previously stated, I have January, 1989 seniority and just today had my call and chose my seats. I'm happy to report that I have put myself in range to be the obnoxious a-hole sitting behind 227 pouring beer down his back. I'm now the proud owner of seats in Section 342, Row 20. For my 20 years of service they pushed me up and back and are charging me more money. What a great country :grin:

I was not interested in PSLs so I can't give you any insight on what is still available there. Based on the great reports on this thread I had decided to move on from the sunny side (currently in Section 314) over to the visitors (shady) side in the new stadium. Therefore I asked to know all of the availability on that side of the stadium. The best section offered was 336. But that was row 24 and the seats were more towards section 335, whereas the seats I chose in 342 were closer to 341. Basically in 336 i would have been just a bit more up the sidelines but I would have moved back another 4 rows. Probably a wash so I went with the seats I believe will be closer to where I will park.

The offerings were as follows.

342, Row 20 (chosen seats)
    343, Row 16
    344, Row 12
    345, Row 12

336, Row 24 (considered)
    335, Row 19 (also considered)
    334, Row 13
    333, Row 12
    332, Row 11

Good luck to all yet to choose, and thanks for all of the valuable information in this thread.

14. jetfan29

jetfan29 New Member

Given that most good Uppers from goal line to goal line are gone, anyone care to speculate whether ticket holders with greatest seniority have jumped upstairs or are add-ons by PSL buyers depleting the Upper inventory.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Uppers

I'm a 30-year guy, and I jumped upstairs, if that's what you meant. I had no choice. This economy is strangling me.

I'm beginning to regret my choice of where I chose now after reading more posts of those who chose later. I needed 6 together so my options were limited. Went with 301 row 8 figuring if I had to be EndZone to get within the first 10 rows, I may as well be dead center. I was EZ in 122 so I'm used to it.

If I recall, when my turn came on 5/27 I could only get as close as row 6 or 7 at a low yard line anyway, so I figured "F - it" may as well save $10 more per seat per game. This monster is high enough. If I was higher than row 12 my aging eyes wouldn't see anything anyway. My biggest concern now is the sun. Is it going to be shitty watching from 301? Warmer is fine, but when others opt out of the sunny side, this concerns me. I took sun side to warm the wife or at least keep the cold complaints at bay for another quarter.

By the way, at Shea we were even "higher" than row 26 looks to be in this giant-ass stadium even though we sat in Loge 2 Row J :wink:

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

By the way - I had read on this thread that it was possible to upgrade this year's seats due to many bailing. I just hung up with the Jets, and they told me it's too late to do that. The ticket lists were forwarded to the printer this week. I think he said two days ago.

I waited too long.

17. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I keep flip flopping. With a seniority of a couple weeks ago, I assume I'll be contacted in September, and I'm thinking there will be no non-PSL seats available, and am hoping there'll be $5k PSLs left. I'm guessing that $5k PSL seats will be less desirable than $4k PSL seats just since they're more expensive.

If I got 2 $5k PSL seats and chose the wealth-destroying 5 year finance plan, I'd be paying about $4200/year for my two seats ($904/year per seat for the PSL finance then $1200/year per seat for the tickets in the lower EZ).

$4200/year for the first 5 years? For two tickets? Holy shit!

I know this is obvious, but still - holy shit!

Just wanted to share that. I may be looking at a 1 year run as a season ticket holder. I suppose it's possible two seats in the middle of the top row of some section in the corner upper deck may slip through. But I doubt it. And even if they did, who the f wants to sit there and grab at airplanes flying by?

Just thought I'd bitch for a second. It's Friday and time for a beer or two.

18. 17a_tailgater

good luck cornmeal

19. MonsteroftheMezz

MonsteroftheMezz New Member

The Jets ticketexchange site is stating that 2009 tickets and packages are available for waitlist members. Does anyone know how many tickets are available, locations and how this impacts the amount of STH that did not renew for this year.

20. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

As one data point, I was offered tickets last year after being on the waiting list since 1998, and the offer was for two sets of two seats in the top of the upper deck in one of the corner enzones. I deferred and chose to remain on the waiting list.

This year, I was able to grab two seats in 114.

When I searched via Ticketmaster, there were seats in the Mezz available, too. Also, seats in the "lower prime." Not sure how many, though.

Speaking with a Jets rep on the phone, he said I could buy "up to 10."

Not sure what it's like now, but a couple weeks ago, they sounded a little desperate.