17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

If that doesn't happen there are going to be a lot of extemely unhappy campers, because the tickets they have to buy every year will be worth less than half of face value. And that's not taking into account whatever they shelled out for the PSLs.

$400 seats along the Mezz Sideline with no cover from the rain and sleet. If the Jets are 3-9 the tickets are worthless... $25 in the parking lot. Forget about it. I've been there and done that, believe me. You invite a friend with a kid who isn't even a Jets fan and they call at the last minute to bail because there's a chance of thunderstorms. So you go to the game and try to unload at the last minute. Scalpers at 16W exchange offer you $20, take it or leave it. Your $400 goes up in smoke. Do that many timee over and after a while you ask yourself if you belong in a fucking rubber room.

2. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

The other thing to consider as a PSL holder it becomes a little more risky to sell to just anyone off the street or in the parking lot. That person gets stewed and into a brawl and you just kissed your PSL goodbye.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

or caught smoking a cigarette for christ sakes

4. Section 227. Row 5

314 will be smoking 400 lbs. of bacon-wrapped, lard-basted pork butts in the parking lot, but don't you dare light up or I'm callin' the fuckin' police.

5. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

I took this post off another board, but I thought it would be of interest:

Here is the update for what is available... I am 1988 and just got the call

Endzone Mezz PSL
    No aisle seats
    Seats start in the middle of row 7 or so
    Def. some available and should last to 1990's

I got 204 Row 7, best available for what I wanted

Same for other endzone

Upper Deck
    Row 4 is equal to top of old stadium (which sucks)

Sec 346-306 Row 12 is best avail (I got 6 in sec 304 row 12 aisle seats)
    308 Row 15 is avail
    309, 310 Row 23
    311-316 sold out
    317 row 23

Same for otherside.

6. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

Hey all

I've been following this thread for a while now, but never had reason to post before.

Well, we just got our call... here is the latest. We are 1988... Here are some examples of we could have taken...

Uppers
    -Upper prime is completely gone.
    -311-316 "pretty much all wiped out"
    -End zone uppers available 5-6 rows back

Mezz
    -248, row 7
    -247, row 10
    -250b, row 1

Lower
    -Section 101, row 8
    -Section 104, row 9-10

We settled on Section 104, rows 9 and 10 (6 seats, 3 and 3 right in front of one another). The seats are directly against the rail where the visiting team comes out. We were all but decided on Mezz seats, but the fact that they were against the tunnel and no one had to make us stand to get to their seats sold us on these...

7. Section 227. Row 5

Thanks for the updated information if only secondhand. Everything counts when you're trying to make a decision.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Good info for those opting for PSLs.

9. longsufferingjetsfan

Congratulaitons on your seats. Just to give others an idea of the pace of sales in the lower endzone psl -- I bought 2 seats in Section 104 row 11 behind the rail on May 18 as a pre-1977 sth. I wanted seats in the first row anywhere in the endzone but was told that they were all gone when I selected. Doesn't sound like endzone psl are selling that well. As I've said before the cam pictures on the Jets website are a great aid in seeing exactly what's available.

10. coorslightcans

Uppers
    -Upper prime is completely gone.
    -311-316 "pretty much all wiped out"
    -End zone uppers available 5-6 rows back

dammit to hell. this means in a few weeks when we finally do get our call 1993 seniority the pickins will be slim. dammit

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

SNAKE thanks for the info.Do you have any idea what is still available on the visiting teams side uppers? I know you said 311 to 316 all gone but also do you have any idea as to what if anything is still available 317-320 or 307- 310? Any thing else that you or anyone can add will be appreciated

12. funderek

funderek New Member

I got the call today because they finally reached my seniority of 1988. When I sent in my top 3 seat section preference form I only selected non-psl sections. First question he asked was if I had changed my mind on the PSL sections because they were some great seats available in the lower levels. After politely declining, he said that my first preference of upper prime was completely sold out but he then told me he could get me seated in section 311 row 26. I knew that was the last row and wasn't interested in sitting that high up. I told him I was looking to move a little lower. He asked me if I had and idea of what I was looking for because all the sections they had blocked out for me where done by trying to match where I currently sit. He told me I could sit 310, row 20, 317, row 18. I told him I was trying to find any thing in row's 7 to 12. He said the best that was available was in 308, row 12 or 309 row 13. I asked about upper endzone's and he said that majority of the seats in the first 10 rows were gone. When I asked about the other side of the stadium, the best he could offer was 335 row 19. I told him I would take the 309 row 13 seats, when he went back to look at them, he said they were already taken and no longer available. He put me on hold but when he returned he said that they had just been selected and paid for by another representative while we were on the phone. He did say that he held 308 for me and that was probably the best that was left. I took it. Like most people have said here, I'll try it out for the year. I just wanted to thank everyone who has posted info on this thread about the selection process. I've been regularly checking in on it and it helped me have a better understanding of what to expect and when to expect my call. Thanks again.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am surprised that hasnt happened more often. i could imagine that people would typically be pissed if they lost their seats. has anyone that is monitoring ji heard of this happening too and what the reactions were.

14. jetbo

jetbo Member

2010 seats

It seems to be hit or miss, and may depend on how helpful the rep you speak to wants to be. I went weeks ago, 6/4/09-1982 seniority. I checked on all different locations, Non-PSL.

I was looking for 4 together on the Aisle, Jets Side of stadium. Best I could get was 317, 2/3 of the way up. Yet I know that people that went after me got better seats.

And I know someone with 2006 seniority that somehow got seats in 315 already.

The process really sucks, and some people make out great, while others get the shaft.

Fairness is NOT the operative word in this seat selection fiasco.

15. 17a_tailgater

good morning ahh the jets system is rolling right along.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Here's an interesting image that I found on the Jets site. It's apparently an artist's concept of what an aerial shot of the stadium will look like. It appears to be oriented with the north at the top of the drawing.

Note that there appears to be more "public" or outside leisure area to the west left) side of the stadium. I'm wondering if this is this going to be part of the designated "tailgate" area. It looks like a more "happening" side of the stadium at any rate, with more room to hang out. The parking area to the west also appears to be a shorter, less obstructed walk to the parking lots to the west than the other side, as I had anticipated. The rail head and highway to the SE looks like the kind of busy area I'd personally like to avoid when trying to exit the crowded stadium area and the area to the east and beyond is obstructed as well with the Izod area further to the east, the racetrack to the NE and that ugly slide thing-a-ma-jig thingy to the south.

This is why I'm saying that anyone coming from south Jersey or Staten Island is better off trying to get seats on the visitor's side. The Jets side is going to be one congested son of a bitch to try to get to your car and drive away from. Of course, if you're coming in by train, then the SE side of the stadium is ideal.

My point is that the designated parking area for us non-PSL people on the visitor's side might be a little closer and less of a hassle to get to than the Jets side, even though one of the tactics of the sales reps has been to strong-arm people into buying the PSLs by making them think parking will be generally easier for them across the board. Wait until a guy buys a PSL on the Jets side and then finds out he has a longer walk to his car than a non-PSL guy has on the other side of the stadium.

[​IMG]

17. 17a_tailgater

look at the 50 yard line. it is going to stretch completely to the end of the parking lot.do you see it as it goes down the sidewalk to the left?

18. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, I see it. What's the point of that walkway? Maybe just a safe way to walk to our non-PSL parking lot located 14 miles to the west.

That whole area to the left of the stadium is probably the 300,000 sq. ft. plaza they're been talking about here:

OUTSIDE THE GATES
    ?A huge tailgate party before every game
    ?Trains that drop off right at the gate
    ?300,000 sq. ft. plaza for pregame festivities
    ?Live TV and radio broadcasts
    ?Interactive skills challenges for kids
    ?The Great Wall, honoring the Titans of Jets history, from
    Joe Namath to Curtis Martin

19. Section 227. Row 5

The shading in the drawing, by the way, is a fairly accurate dipiction or orientation of how the sunlight will be cast on the stadium at about 2-3PM. Note how he has the sun coming from above but slightly to the SW. It will swing more westerly and lower as it begins to set in the late afternoon.

This is what I was talking about with having the sun in your eyes vs. having the sun to the back of your head. Visitor's side uppers will have the best of both worlds.. sun on the back of your shoulders to warm you but not in your face to blind you.

Given all of the above plus the the fact that people still seem to be piling into the Jets side of the uppers and grabbing up all of those seats, some of you guys coming along might want to inquire about the visitor's side, especially if your are coming to the stadium from points south.

20. 17a_tailgater

visitor side rocks.

also that 300,000 sq foot is not only one side. its a outer rim circling the entire stadium.

that great wall is gonna have to be video screens so it can change over to giants stuff. i still dont like being the only NFL and besides the clippers only professional sports team WITHOUT its own home stadium. because regardless of what they say we still DO NOT HAVE A HOME OF OUR OWN.