17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. coorslightcans

we will not take shitty seats and we wont pay the psl ransom. after 16 years of being a season ticket holders and 40+ years of being fans we just got bent over by woody johnson and co.

im not against seniority having its chance to move to the upper decks im against people like myslef losing seats because of this. we wont enjoy the home games every week in person but occasionally we will and watching from home should be ok on a big screen with friends and family.

for those that got tickets congrats and good luck enjoy. from one fan to another.

2. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Just out of curiosity, what in God's name are you buying at Shop Rite that costs $200 a week, sans Veggies and Steaks?!?!

:eek:hmy:

:jets:

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats ALOT of ramen noodles!!!!!! must be buying organic stuff or something.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'm curious. How would you run the seat selection then? If a season ticket holder for 40 years has seats on the lower level, never saw the PSL thing coming, and can't afford lower level PSLs, you think you should keep your seats over this person because you are already in the UD? How does this make sense?

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I have 2 teenagers, damm cold cereal, milk cold cuts and snacks just for school each day plus the ice cream at night and that's just for them.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

tell em to get jobs 314! :)

i dont know what i am going to do when this thread dies... i have followed this thread for what feels like forever at this point, since february... and have checked it just about every single day. i am going to be a little lost when this thread dies :(

7. jetbo

jetbo Member

PSL Crap

This thread probably will not die until Woody's NEW BARN without a roof opens in 2010

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I think you did pretty well. I'm surprised you were able to get row 5 - that's really the first row of what isn't Upper Prime. (Or maybe they are Upper Prime - are they? I explain below) I think the UP's in that last section there are rows 1-4, so I think you did damn well. You can tease the guy in front of you for paying more per ticket than you.

By comparison, I went 2 weeks ago and you're lower than me. I'm in row 8 301 end zone, but I needed to get 6 seats, so it was harder to get six any lower than that. I gave up a couple of rows to be in the center right above the goal posts.

By the way - did any of you in your studies using the 3D seat locator notice that the Low-Row Upper Primes are rows 1-4 in some sections but rows 1-6 in others? That means that in some areas there are two rows behind most of the Lower Upper Primes that are designated price-wise as "Prime" but really aren't much better than the second part of the Upper Deck. Looks like Upper Primes that are not in 313-314 or 338-339 will have seats directly behind them and in some cases maybe even next to them that cost $20 less per game per seat. I wrote to the Jets about this when the seat locator first came about since I thought it could be a mistake, but SURPRISE - no email replies back.

Maybe they changed and re-designated these row 5 and 6 Upper Primes to be Upper Sideline. Does anyone have these, or know what I'm referring to? Hey, $20 per seat per game per year adds up after a bunch of years.

9. jetbo

jetbo Member

upper prime

I think row's 5 and 6 are mostly the handicap platforms with folding chairs

10. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

To each their own I guess. I am going to try and convince him otherwise.

11. coorslightcans

there was no other way. they did it the best way they could. i just dont like it. but they could have held a lottery and those with say 40 years of seniority have 40 balls in the game and those with 16 years 16 balls in the game. just saying no way would have made anyone happy. those of us who are getting bumped are just mad. put yourselves in our place for a moment.later bro

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Me to. This post and the off season FA stuff is all the intrests me. Training camp performances and coach interviews are not my thing. Once the team is set and camp starts my only intreset in watching the pre-season games and reading some side articles. Breaking down the games and player performances don't do it for me.

13. no psls

no psls Banned

Section 332 row 5 is upper prime - $125.00 per . I'm not worried about the future . I might only be there for a year or two, depending on the parking situation and further ticket increases. There can be no football without tailgating in my world .

14. longsufferingjetsfan

The only objection that I have is that season ticket holders of equal seniority should have had the right of first refusal on their current seats. Due to the system used of starting at the 50s lower level and moving up to the mezzanine and upper deck and then around the stadium to the endzones people with equal seniority could have been bumped out of their seats as fans looked for more affordable options.

15. coorslightcans

there really is no perfect way to handle this situation. the nyjets did the best they could with what they had. we as fans would have complained no matter what system they used. we each have individual complaints. in a perfect world we all would have got what we wanted. fans like myself are planning on not being there each and every week. im grateful for the opportunity to be able to purchase tickets to 1-2 games a year and still remain part of the stadium atmosphere. ive said it a few times already good luck to those who got the tickets they wanted and for guys like me (1993 seniority and not looking good) oh well life goes on. big tvs and home parties with family friends is ok by me.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Unless you are #1 on the seniority list, we are all, in a sense, in your place. I have absolutely no problem with anyone who had greater seniority than me picking their seats before I did. It is the fairest process. I would have a huge problem with a lottery. If person A had seats for 40 years, person B for 30 years and person C for 20 years, the fair selection order is ABC. A lottery would be completely arbitrary.

If you want to complain, the complaint is with the Jets pricing and adding all the non-football bells and whistles that most of us STH don't care about. That forced most people to the upper deck and created a run on the affordable but good seats and took the mid-level sideline seats completely out of the picture. In essence, 75,000 affordable seats in the old stadium went down to about 40,000 affordable seats in the new stadium and 2/3 of those seats are in the end zone.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Tailgating is not going away,never has, they are trying to get people to buy meat stuff from them and rent grills like if you take the train. Its not even a question, we can always tailgate, its just gonna be farther away for non-psl and as I have said many times, north side of I-zod is tailgating heaven, tons of room, nobody bothers you, in fact we feed the securty goes burgers all the time

18. longsufferingjetsfan

Just to get the math right on the seats in the new stadium -- there are 9,500 club seats ($400 and up) so the roughly other 70,000 seats are in the $95- $150 per game ticket price. Of these 70,000 there are 27,000 upper deck seats with no psl. The problem is that the remaining 43,000 seats have psl prices from $4,000 to $20,000.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

See post # 4 of 6578

20. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Is there a Giants forum like TGG anywhere? I wonder what their ticket holders experience is so far.

I've given a quick look at the "official" forums on giants.com but it seems to be a bunch of teenagers who will never own a seat at the new building talking nonsense then season ticket holders.