Jets family (Bart Scott)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

What a way to finish the OTAs , Sanchez marching down the field and then this.....
    Can't wait until TC starts for real.:beer:

Bart Scott not shy about asserting his identity with new team

By Matt Sohn
    June 12, 2009

If OTA sessions are any indication of what?s to come, ILB Bart Scott will have earned that blockbuster $40 million contract he penned with the Jets in the opening hours of free agency. The centerpiece of Rex Ryan?s defensive plan, the former Ravens star quickly has emerged as the type of loud-barking leader that former teammate Ray Lewis was in Baltimore. And given Ryan?s buzz-worthy comments about not being in awe of division-rival New England and its decorated head coach, Bill Belichick, Scott?s doing everything he can to ensure such bold statements are being backed by the play on the field. ?Whatever Coach (Ryan) wants to say, he can say anything and I?m going to ride with him,? Scott said. ?That?s my man. ? You?re a family, right or wrong. It?s up to (the players) to support it and then handle it behind closed doors.? In addition to rallying the defense, he?s been jawing with some of his offensive counterparts and has provided a certain swagger to what was an inconsistent defense a season ago. Of course, only so much can be gleaned during low-impact OTAs, which Scott himself admits.
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/NY+Jets/WWHI/2009/wwhi061209.htm

2. coorslightcans

bart scott is gonna add what this defense needed for years identity and ferociousness. i like it.

3. Christian

Christian Active Member

Bart Scott seems like a pompous arrogant asshole and this is exactly the type of attitiude that will bring this defense to the next level.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Haha exactly. Last guy to bring that shit to the plate was Bryan Cox. We need badass personalities on this D to flourish.

5. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

he will be our ray lewis..even though it is a popularity contest im seeing many defensive pro bowlers this year and scott will lead them all

6. Christian

Christian Active Member

I really hope his personality becomes contagious in the locker room. With a guy like Scott this defense really has the potential to be something special.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The great Wellington Mara (and don't 'jack' me for that ref....he along with Rooney et al kept the NFL afloat during the 'pre-big-tv-money days) who once said that football's not complicated...."you line up 11 guys vs. 11 guys and whose standing at the end-wins."

I don't want a bunch of nice guys playing "D"...much as I DISPISE anything and everything associated with the Raiders, I subscribe to the Al Davis theory of "the QB must go DOWN...and he must go down HARD!" . I was a (very young) ball boy when the Jets 'summer-camped' at Peekskill Military Academy...my Jet heros began with Wahoo Mc Daniel, then Jerry Philbin, the great, underrated John Elliot, etc.....they liked to hit the QB...I liked when they HIT the "*******" QB.....lol

I want the return of the "truck driver outta Temple (Klecko)" et al knocking the living daylights out of whoever's lined up behind center behind the Jets.

I'm on the same page as 'Jake' and the others above: there he is: go git' em!

As for the Giants, what stinks is that for a time...we were the team that enabled them to get into the playoffs.....they couldn't beat the Lynn Dickey Packers...and we'd beat 'em (home or away--remember that "9" sack game at Shea?) allowing 'big blue' to back into the playoffs?

Well, time's have changed. They (the 'other team' here) have won 2 SB's since; and they've loaded up on "kill the QB" rushers, so I have no qualms about Scott chirping about an aggressive "D" mindset. My only problem is,,,do we (given the way Buffalo ran the ball down our throats during crunch time--before J.P. Loserman/Dick Jeuron gagged) have "sack exchange" horses to implement that kick-ass mindset?

Whatever, I'm feeling a bit more buzzed with this Rex Ryan character running the show vs. Eric "shhhh-z-z-z-z" Mangini; Mangini's "Friday Night Fights" get togethers with the team notwithstanding.

8. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

talks big but can't back it up

overrated

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

makes empty-headed cliche posts that have no substance

uninteresting

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

lmao.......

11. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Two will enter, only one will leave

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

pre-season never won diddly-squat; granted.

But, if nothing else, those 'chirps' are coming from a "been there-done that in the NFL" standpoint vs. pre-season assumption from both you and I who have NO NFL coaching experience.

Just a thought....

13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

A couple months ago I was playing cards in AC for a few days. At different times I sat with three different guys wearing Ravens gear of some kind, and I asked all three of them the same question: what are we getting in Bart Scott?

One of the dudes kind of dismissed him as a sucker out of hand, and so I dismissed this guy's opinion in a likewise manner.

But the other two guys reacted the same way, which kind of scared me. They both thought about it for a few seconds, as if honestly thinking it over, and they kind of shrugged or shook their head sympathetically. They said the same thing, which was to the effect of: "Nah, I'm sorry, but he's really a product of that system. He's not nearly the impact player he looks to be at times. And he's BY FAR the third best LB on last year's Ravens D."

So naturally I'm hoping and praying that these guys are wrong, and/or that Scott turns a corner, but I caution people not to get their hopes up too high on him.

And I realize that this thread is more about attitude than performance. I'm just saying... teammates don't follow Ray Lewis because he's loud and arrogant. They follow him because he's a great player, who happens to be loud and arrogant.

To say the most for Bart Scott: the jury's still out. (Fingers crossed!)

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

At first I wasn't too sure about dumping so much money into this guy.

Now... I'm glad we did. He sounds like he's not here for the money. He's here cause of his relationship with Rex and he's always going to give it his all and help build us into a contender. So glad we got this guy.

15. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

gets mad on other men's behalf

suspect

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

"On December 3, 2007, Scott was penalized twice for unsportsmanlike conduct in the fourth quarter of the Monday Night Football game against the New England Patriots. The second call came after Scott picked up the official's flag from the first call and threw it into the stands (since the calls came between the scoring of a touchdown and the ensuing kickoff, the two penalties cost the Ravens 30 yards on the ensuing kickoff. After the possession ended, Scott had to be held back from the referee by his teammates. Following the game, teammate Samari Rolle made accusations of disrespectful language by the official involved."

does anyone remember that? if i remember correctly that bullshit really cost his team in that game. i sure as hell dont want that. i sure as hell would like it if this guy would shut his long necked mouth every once in awhile. he is really beginning to become an annoyance as he is always talking and always talking shit.

talk is way too cheap and those who talk tend to not be as good as they think. this guy truely annoys me.

17. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

He prolly was third behind Suggs and Lewis and Ravens fans are used to losing players and winning anyway. But Scott was the best coverage LB on the Ravens team and the Jets need that more than Lewis' run stuffing and vocal leadership and there was no way Suggs was going to be available. David Harris will stuff the run as well as an aged Lewis and Scott will be the vocal leader who calls out the pre snap adjustments and Scott can really cover, he spent part of his college career as a safety.

The real issue is how important was Rex to the Ravens defense and how important will he be to ours. The Ravens got Ray Lewis in 96 and added Rex as an assistant coach in 99. Guess when their D got good.

18. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

So now its the gay shit. Look at your own avatar, guy looks like he's about to start jerking off any minute.

19. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

LOL hahahahaha

20. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

hmmm...that wasn't what I took away from the picture. But to each his own. If its making it hard for you to concentrate then let me know. I'll take it down