17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. coorslightcans

we are currently in section 339 row 26. its been said numerous times the new stadium is alot higher than the old stadium. we arent that all concerned about the section just the row and keeping the 4 seats together. if in fact we get to choose and dont get knocked out during the selection process. we are going to weigh the pros and cons and make a decision.

Does anyone know the ticket and parking prices for the 2010 season in the new stadium?

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

No PSL for me, 314. I've thought long and hard about this. I've even internally reconsidered and rethought all my own points that I've made over the last several years... all the posts. In essence, all along, my posts have really been me thinking "out loud," always a dangerous thing - LOL.

Funny thing is, I have the wherewithall to do the PSLs if I want to. I can put the PSL money together if I explore all my resources, but I don't want to. This has caused me to revisit the situation several times but I keep coming up with the same answer. It's just way too pricey. A better seat that the Uppers for 5-7 games a year is just not worth the totally outrageous expense, IMO. I'd rather give the money to the Ronald McDonald House if
    I had nothing better to do with it. But I do... it's called helping my grandkids through college.

The latest turn of events (apparently there will be some Uppers left now for me... at least I hope so and will know on Tuesday) has cemented my decision. It's cast in stone now. The answer to my Rep on Tuesday is going to be a polite, "No, I can't afford it. Please help me get 4 together in the Uppers."

I'm actually looking forward to joining guys like you and the others in the Uppers. It'll be especially fun in the parking lot as I think we all have a lot in common.

3. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

All the ticket prices/seating options can be found here:

http://www.newjetsstadium.com/seating-chart.html

Parking has been addressed in this thread a few times..I don't recall specifically but it was along the lines of $25 for Upper Decks..$35 for PSLs...$45 for Clubs.
    Of course, the less you pay, the farther away you park.

4. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Yea, it's gonna cost friggin $300 per game just to park your car in the parking lot and your asses in a pair of upper upper level seats....and then you'll need binoculars to see the freaking game. Probably need another $300 for food and beer during the game.

Were gonna miss this (the current) stadium...:sad:

5. Section 227. Row 5

I started missing it the day they announced the new one. There's nothing wrong with the current stadium.

Makes you wonder... if this stadium was considered obsolete after only 30 years, what's to say they won't consider the new stadium obsolete after only 20-25 years? People paying all this PSL money with relatively short shelf life on their rapidly depreciating "investment," only to get hit with another PSL 25 years down the road to build another new one. Ridiculous.

6. coorslightcans

consider it an investment to the woody johnson foundation.

7. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

Hi, it's your favorite cartoon character here to say ....

F WOODY !!!!!!!!!!!!

and Woody can suck my cartoon cock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Just to update. My friend (1984 senority) was called on Friday and was offered section 317, Row 22 seats off the aisle. He was offered the four seats he usually takes. He called me debating if he wants to keep going to the games. He feels as if the whole experience is getting too expensive. I usually go to the games with one of his seats. He asked if I wanted to take his as well.

Good fans being priced out. Another sad story.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Sounds like the selection options are worsening. These seat are around the 10 YL and 22 rows up. Dammit!

10. coorslightcans

i was just thinking the same dam thing. my brother in law mentioned to me last night. that if we do survive he fears the only thing left is going to be corner end zone seats near the top. if they are at 1984 we are at 1993 dammit. we are doomed.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Too expensive??? Those seats are $105 a piece and no PSL. I am sorry, if that's to expensive and you feel you are being priced out then you are really looking for an excuse to stop going. Most people on this site that are 1985-??? would love to have to have the oppurtunity to buy those seats. Geeez, its $25-30 more per game for 10 games a year, its not 81 like baseball. I am not rich. but what the hell is is $300 a year in the world we live in now. Shop Rite is $200 a week without vegetables and my steaks.

#1711 sec314, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to ask for the lowest seats and expect the shady/visitor's side and stay within the first 15 rows, might be corner or end zone. Hell my seats (319) are back of end zone, row 10, but aisle seats, trust me, I sat in the new UD, the lower the better, screw the yard line

#1712 sec314, Jun 13, 2009
  13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I'm paying $105 a piece today. So if this is true it's exactly the same as what I pay in the current stadium. I'd jump on this in a heartbeat.

14. coorslightcans

we have no problems with the price of the seats. its the quality of the product, we vowed not to sit no higher than we already are. that went out the door when it was reported the new stadium is higher overall. so now we said ok if we get row 26 or lower we are ok. but moving up is not an option and especially if its in the corner of an end zone. no issues here in paying the price for psl free seats. but im not sitting in the last row. staying home and buying 1-2 games on stub-hub is ok by me. dammit

15. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

There is a reason the middle of the field, even in the upper rows, go before lower rows in the corner or the end zone. The view from the middle of the field is better, IMO.

I studied and studied the UD views and with 1980 seniority I took row 19 of section 340, which is on the 35-40 yard line over row 13 or so on or near the goal line or row 10 in the corner. I am 7 seats away from the midfield section and only 6 rows higher than the goal line seats and 8-9 rows higher than the corner. But what I like about the middle, even though I am high, is that I can see the whole field. That is important to me.

I would take row 4 on the 20 (which is what I have now) over row 20 on the 40, but that was not the choice I had. All the Upper Prime low rows were gone. It was either sit very low in the end zone, a few rows higher in the corner, in the middle of the section on the goal line, or 5-6 rows higher by midfield. I chose midfield.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Those are outside the goal line and one section over from the corner. Considering there are only 26 rows in the UD, the sideline uppers are almost gone. It looks like 1985 and up will be in the upper corners and end zones. The good news is that it looks like the corners and end zones are available and there have to be far fewer STH per year after 84 than before.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

You have been complaining about offering the seats in order of seniority. While I am not happy with inferior seats in the new stadium compared to what I have now, I don't see a better way to go through the process than seniority. Why shouldn't the long time STH get first choice over less senior people?

The problem is the seat prices in the new stadium. With the best seats in the stadium - sideline mezzanine and sideline lower lever back rows- being ridiculously priced, it forced almost all the long time season ticket holder upstairs to the UD. I am sure you can get good seats with 92 seniority - especially since you love the lower deck. You'll just have to pay through the nose.

18. Section 227. Row 5

I am paying $120 right now, so $105 is a price break for me. Hey, $15 X 4 tickets saves me $60 a game, so I'm fine with the seat price, There's no way these seats are gonna compare to what I had though.

My son and I are going to take the best we can get and give it a try for 2010. Worst comes to worse and we hate it, we can walk with no strings attached. That's the best part.

19. Section 227. Row 5

You MIGHT have a chance to get into the Uppers but your selection will be pretty tough with a date of 1993. Baamf (1989) reported the other day that his selection day is only two weeks after mine (this Tuesday), so it looks like they are moving along pretty well. Going by that, you might select as early as 30 days from now.

If you don't mind paying the PSL there will probably be some pretty decent selections for you down below. That's what is going to start the ball rolling for them on the PSL sales, when the selections upstairs become so lousy that it's almost not wiorth doing.

20. no psls

no psls Banned

Got my seats yesterday. Section 332 , row 5 ; it's in the corner, but row 5 ain't bad . I was also offered row 5 in the endzone .

#1720 no psls, Jun 13, 2009