David Clowney?s First Football Camp In Delray Beach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by neid92, Jun 1, 2009.

1. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

FYI..... I received this email the other day from the South FL Jets Fan Club. Thought you all in South Florida might want to attend.

Hi There Fan Club Member-

I've already posted this on the Club's Website on 5/28 and thought I'd pass it along to you this way too!!!

It will be held at the Seacrest Soccer Complex on Saturday, June 6, 2009, from 10 am to 6pm! It's where the old Atlantic High School in Delray Beach was located!

Only Varsity High School football players are welcome to participate in football drills demonstrated by NFL players (will post list of players as soon as I find out, here http://southfloridajetsfanclub.wetpaint.com/page/Newsletter) and 7 on 7 scrimmages from the Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. There'll also be scouts there watching & t-shirts will be given to all participants! THERE'S NO COST FOR SPECTATOR'S!!

Other Jets player's that will be there instructing your child is: D?Brickashaw Ferguson, Vernon Gholston, Kareem Brown, Drew Coleman, Rob Turner, Mike DeVito, and Wallace Wright.

You can register your son (s) from 8:30 am until 10 am on the day of the event and it's only $10! The money goes to the David Clowney Foundation for children's education (books, supplies, backpacks, etc)! A REAL GOOD cause!

Autographs will be available during different times of the day too!!

There'll bounce houses for the little kids and they'll be auctioning signed jerseys and footballs of NFL athletes. There will be BBQ food and a DJ too.

SEACREST SOCCER COMPLEX
    2505 Seacrest Boulevard

Delray Beach, FL 33444

Directions:

From the south on I-95: Exit I-95 at Atlantic Avenue. Go East on Atlantic Avenue to Swinton Avenue. Turn LEFT onto Swinton Avenue. Go North on Swinton Avenue to the blinking (yellow) light at George Bush Boulevard. Turn RIGHT onto George Bush Boulevard. Turn LEFT onto Seacrest Boulevard (at first traffic light); go approximately one and a half miles north to the SEACREST SOCCER COMPLEX on your right. Enter via the entrance just North of Aqua Crest Pool and go toward the back of the facility.

From the north on I-95: Exit I-95 at Woolbright Road (Boynton Beach). Go East on Woolbright Road to Seacrest Boulevard. Turn RIGHT onto Seacrest Boulevard; go approximately two miles South on Seacrest Boulevard and turn LEFT into the SEACREST SOCCER COMPLEX at the Aqua Crest Pool and go toward the back of the facility.

From Federal Highway (US1): Take Federal Highway to Gulfstream Boulevard at the Delray Beach / Boynton Beach Line. Go West on Gulfstream Boulevard across the railroad tracks to Seacrest Boulevard. Turn LEFT onto Seacrest Boulevard, go approximately 1000ft and turn LEFT into the SEACREST SOCCER COMPLEX at the Aqua Crest Pool and go toward the back of the facility.

Sounds like a cool & a fun day out with family, especially for us Jets fans!!!

Let?s show David Clowney what a terrific fan base of Jets fans that the Club has!!!!

I already know a few that will be attending (including myself) and hope to see you there too!!

Very important: Let me know how many people will be attending and please break it down as to the number of participants and spectators. I need to give the numbers to the Foundation!! Thanks!

2. wayne

wayne Member

I live just up the road in Jupiter & I plan on attending with my two boys. I know that I read in an artical or somewhere that Sanchez would be there also but cant seem to find his name listed anywhere. See you there

3. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Damn I have to go to my little brother's graduation on Saturday... Why couldn't just drop out like I told him to???

Whatev, Delray Beach would be a monster drive anyway.

4. GreenMachine

Will Gholston be on the field or watching from the sidelines?

5. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I work right around the corner from there! Might have to check it out.

6. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I live in Delray, i'll be there for sure. Thanks for the heads up! Awesome!

7. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

So did anyone go? How was it? I was not able to make, my family was in town for my son's VPK graduation.

8. wayne

wayne Member

I went. It was a really well planned & organized event. I got 2 meet Brick, Vernon & Clowney so being a Florida-Jet fan that was cool. My 2 boys also had a great time. I had a lengthy conversation with a David Clowny's sister & my was she the most down to Earth pleasant person. All in all it was a good time for the 2 hours that my family & I hung.

9. jersey2sarasota

jersey2sarasota New Member

delray beach rocks

10. jersey2sarasota

11. jersey2sarasota

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

o rly?

done and done.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

That's a good way to get banned, he is doing the same crap in the bullshite forum.