If I can think of this, why cant the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BCSUPERFAN, Apr 28, 2006.

1. BCSUPERFAN

BCSUPERFAN New Member

Ive been reading all the mock drafts out there I am wondering why the Jets are one of the few teams that can't use fake reports to their use. I mean Al Davis is drooling over Vince Young and the 49ers over Vernon Davis, both those teams really want those players. Why can't the Jets, if Leinart is taken at 3, with Young on the Board make it have seemed as though Young was their guy so Davis, in his desperate state hands the Jets the 7th pick with a 2nd or 3rd rounder in exchange for the 4th pick overall so Davis can assure himself Vince Young. The Jets could have done the same thing with the 49ers and said they would take Davis at 4 and manipulate the 49ers to actually gain the upper hand. If the Jets did the trade with the 49ers, either D'brick, Hawk, or Davis would still be on the board and the Jets would be able to take one of those players along with getting another late round pick. Is this scenario just too far fetched cause in my mind it isnt. I just want to know what you all think.

2. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

they can pick and trade him if they want

3. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

The Jets are the lone team in the top 4 that still have not played their hand. Nobody can count on what we are doing with our pick. Without knowing who we want - how can anyone say for sure who we don't want? At this point it seems as if we don't want Vince but...???

If any team really has their heart set on a player they have to at least inquire about trading up thanks to our FO playing it so close to the vest.

4. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

i want mario/davis/hawk in that order.. no dbrick at 4.. use the 29 and 35 to get Oline.. mangold/winston, or mangold/gillis.. plus, dbrick would cost to much for a non-playmaker..

5. Arizona Jet Fan

Arizona Jet Fan New Member

Tangini did it right....just read all the newspaper clippings....every writer says were doing something different.........I think its perfect......I hope they take Mario Williams or trade down.....however if Leinart falls in their lap they might have to take a chance.......

6. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

What the hell are you talking about?
    If you mean that every mock draft has the Jets taking the same guy you need to look at more then one mock draft. I have seen the Jets taking at least five different guys. No one has a clue what the Jets (or anyone else for that matter) are going to do, it is a new FO.

7. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

The people that write those mock drafts have inside information straight from the GM of every team on who they are going to take.:lol:

8. 20&out

20&out New Member

Arizona hit it on the head. The new staff has done an excellent job of keeping everyone guessing. One beat writer says the jets love Leinart, the next says they love Cutler, while others say the jets don't like any of the big three QBs.
    This whole thing is a poker game and guys like Davis may be showing their cards or they may be bluffing. Right now the Jets are just keeping a straight poker face which is fine with me.

9. FREEJET

FREEJET New Member

Do you actually think the GM's believe anything that is written by a beat writer?!! or even read it?

10. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

They might read it while they are taking a shit. I wonder if they fold or crumple.

#10 New York Mick, Apr 28, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  11. JetsFanAce51

JetsFanAce51 New Member

Wow, we actually have someone who said something reasonable and that would make sense for the future of our team

I totally agree with this except I would take Hawk before Davis...take O-line with one of the picks 29 or 35...with the other one of those picks they should take a RB or LB, depending on who they draft at #4....

The one guy we should NOT take at # 4 is D'Brick...he's not worth our #4 both money wise, and playmaking wise...there are plenty of good lineman in the draft which is why we don't need D'Brick with our top pick...use that pick on either a playmaking Defensive player or a playmaking Offensive player...Super Mario, Hawk, and Davis would fill those needs immediately.

12. surge511

surge511 New Member

Everything is so up in the air. Noone knows what the Jets are doing. That also has something to do with the fact that noone knows what the first 3 teams are doing, either. I mean, even Bush could fall to us. If it goes Mario-DBrick-Leinart, we have the chance to draft Bush. This draft could go in so many different directions, it is impossible to tell right now what anyone is doing. It should certainly make for an interesting Saturday.

13. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

That's what's so cool about this. Nobody knows what will happen. When was the last time you could say that about any NFL or even NBA draft?