Poll : #1 WR you want.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Capt. Ace Nick, Apr 26, 2009.

?

Who's your choice for our #1 WR

Poll closed Nov 12, 2009.
  1. Boldin

47.7%
  2. Burress

21.5%
  3. B. Edwards

25.6%
  4. M. Harrison

5.2%
  5. Cotch

12.8%
  6. Other...Please Specify

4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

At this point Plax makes the most sense provided he doesn't get the can. With Plax it will come down to the dollars and a chance to play in NY. Will do not have to give up any players or picks; similar to what we got back for Pennington.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Depth? The thinnest unit on the club BY FAR is wide receiver. You want depth there, the draft being over, the Jets have to go FA, or rely on someone else's camp cuts, or the Jets will not score very much, imo.

Stuckey and Clowney have a lot of fans here, based on wishful thinking. I know there is no guarantee that one or the other will not step up. But I doubt it.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Get Keyshawn off TV and back on the field.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Worst idea ever. People really need to wake up and realize how strong next years draft is going to be. We need to gather as many picks as possible for the 2010 draft.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think Edwards can be had for T. Jones (a Mangini guy) and a 2010 second rounder. His contract demands are insane tho

I like Boldin too but his playing style worries me...do you want to give a 40-50 million dollar contract to somebody who might break down after year 2?

6. Al Bundy

Al Bundy New Member

i think some of you are a little quick to get rid of TJ.. who will be our every down back? we already will have a rookie qb, how can you risk having no every-down back/stability in the running game? who says leon can be an every-down back or green will come in and beast right away? and what if one got injured? im not huge on thomas jones, but you cannot go into the season with a backfield of leon and a rookie, especially when you don't have an elite QB (yet).. rex said it on espn.. "ground and pound"..

7. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Burress because he won't cost as much and he is still one hell of a target and the kind that we need, he might be one stupid SOB, but we are not asking him to sit his SAT's, were asking him to catch a football, and he does that very well. Bring him in and the team is set for a run at that Superbowl.

8. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Burress

I only favor him because we can get him alot more cheaply than Boldin.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Burress refused to take a paycut from the Giants tho, maybe he still thinks he's worth big money. I also read somewhere that his lawyer thought about dropping him as a client because he rejected every plea agreement that included jail time

10. Silencer

Silencer Member

We should definitely pursue Boldin.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

cotch is the #1 there's no way we're giving up draft picks next year after havimg 3 picks this year

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

His cost in dollars is one thing, but he is a UFA so would cost no players or picks to aquire. Thats why outside of Cotch, whom i chose, he is the next on my list as the easy answer.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Oh yeah, I totally agree I actually picked Plax in the poll. I'm just saying he has a propensity to be an ass hat so he might price himself out of our range. I wouldn't mind paying w/e for him if it's a 1 year deal, even if he bombs he's gone. I just dont kno what our cap situation is like atm, I'm guessing it's not too bad since we had a lot at the beginning of FA and didn't add too much outside of Scott and eventually Sanchezz

14. ........

........ Trolls

Really? I'd say TE is far thinner than receiver. We have 2 starters (Cotch and Stuckey in the slot) and 6 additional receivers. You can argue that we don't have a good second wideout, but we certainly have a lot of depth on the roster.

We only have one TE and one TE/LS. We can't even field a two TE set as of now.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

What about Amani Toomer as a #2 and COtch as a #1? He is a free agent...

16. pcmodem

pcmodem Member

amani toomer? does he come with a free walker in the trade? I'd rather ask chrebet to come out of retirement...

I like boldin, but the price is too high. If plax happens to be looking for work and doesn't get thrown in jail, i'm all for it - he's wierd, but he's not really a team chemistry killer like TO.

I really wanted torry holt :(

17. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

If we're looking for a short-term solution, maybe Marvin Harrison is worth a look.

He had declining numbers last years but perhaps that's attributable to not getting in shape due to the off-season drama that he was involved with.

If he can prove that he's in shape, he might be a sound pick-up for 1-2 yrs. His veteran experience would probably serve our young receiving corp well.

18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Boldin most expensive and best, but Burress would be cheap and finally might straight up his act.

19. EAF29

EAF29 Member

I gotta admit, I think signing Harrison would be a great idea. He can def help out with our younger receivers and provide Sanchez with a steady influence in the huddle and in practice. I don't see a downside to this.

20. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

people need to wake up and realize its one day after the draft... and that some of these strong guys will fall off of their sophomore seasons and that it could be hugely overrated on how strong it is