Hartford Area Jets Fans

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Tennessee Jet, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, so mods please move if necessary.

Hey everyone. In the next couple of months I will be moving up to the Hartoford area (specifically around Storrs area) from Nashville. I was just wondering a few things about the area:

1) My main question is about watching Jets games. Basically, I am trying to decide between DirecTV and Cable, are Jets games broadcast on Cable in the area or is it mostly Pats games?

2) Any information on areas around Storrs would be great, my wife and I are looking to rent a place (since my position is a 2-year appointment) fairly close to the UCONN campus. We have two dogs which might complicate things but are talking to a guy that has a house in Chaplin (Hisotric Chaplin if that makes a difference).

Anything you guys can give me would be great. Thanks...

2. I've lived in hartford county my whole life.

The closer you are to Rhode Island the less chance you have on seeing the jets(I went to college in providence). The programming in that area is so anti-jet that they'll show bills game instead if given the choice. You'll likely see 35-40 % of jet games w/ cable as Storrs is about 40 mins to the RI Border and Chaplin is more like 25.

Chaplin is really rural. If you don't like seeing your neghbors and your downtown being a gas station and dive bar you'll like it..otherwise some good towns near Storrs are Windham,(but not the willimantic section which is otherwise known as heroin town)Tolland, Coventry,Hebron and Mansfield. All of these towns are alittle more sub-urbanized.

3. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Thats on the wrong side of Hartford. I assume that they would be more Patriots based then NYC (Jets, Giants). Just did a quick check for you Charter Communications is the local provider their reviews suck. Id go with Direct TV

4. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Thanks Kurt --

I have heard that Willimantic is a dumpster-fire. The rural thing is a little disconcerting I guess, I'll try to focus the search in the areas that you mentioned.

5. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

willimantic is the heroin capital of the northeast. i didnt beleive such a place existed in CONNECTICUT and then i visited a friend at eastern. scary shit.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

yeah Willimantic sucks. I used to play softball there and there was a murder at the ball fields. Apparently there was a soccer game being played and something happened so one of the guys took a broken bottle and stabbed the other guy with it.

7. nygreenlantern

nygreenlantern New Member

Tenn. jet you need to be down here in so. conn to get jets on cable. I live in Milford and we get cbs ch. 2ny affiliate. plus there are plenty of jet fans in this area unlike the north where its mostly hick pats and giant fans. Btw I think i met you at the Nashville tailgate before the 2006 opener we came with a bunch of people.

8. 624

624 Banned

I live about 40 mins from Hartford down by waterbury and they broadcast every Jet and Patriot game on cable...Jets are always on channel 2 cbs while pats are on channel 3 cbs...ive been to uconn storrs a lot and im not sure if they do broadcast jets games there...have to check

9. Controlled Chaos

Controlled Chaos New Member

Well Tennessee Jet Welcome to CT... from Stonington to Clinton is Comcast and they don't have Jets games... but from Madison to East Haven is Comcast also but they do have the Jets games ..and go figure I live in Clinton..so I go to the next town over to Madison and go to Malone's for a pint and the game

10. nygreenlantern

nygreenlantern New Member

Malone's in Madison is a great place to drink a few pints and watch a game

11. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

Storrs is like an hour from me....i live in southington which is 20 minutes from hartford....willimantic sucks ass and i have a lot of friends that go to eastern so im in willimantic a lot...CT fuckin rules tho :)