WW85's FINAL JET's MOCK DRAFT.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 19, 2009.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Each year I do a final mock draft, here's my attempt. First, let me say this is what I think the Jets will do. Good mocks are done with the premise of what you think the Team/GM will do on draft day. I took into consideration players that visited Floram Park, rumors of strong interest and need.

No Trades...impossible to predict, but expect Trader Tanny to make a few.

Schotty get's his wish with a strong emphasis on Offense.

Rd 1) Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia..............TJ is holding out and is over 30 years old. Instant playmaker to help Kellen transition as starter. A strong running game will open up the offense.

Rd 2) Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly............Big receiver that was very productive. Very good blocker, good hands and intelligent player. Only player in my mock that didn't visit with the Jets. Robiskie is probably gone to the Bears, just before the Jet's selection.

Rd 3) Sammie Lee Hill, DT/DE, Stillman.............Can play DT and the 5 techinque. I've heard the Jets are very high on this player. Seems to be a versatile player that would fit nicely into Rex's system.

Rd 4) Richard Quinn, TE, North Carolina............Great blocking TE, Jet's have showed alot of interset. Needs to improve as a a receiver. Jets may Trade up in this round to secure Quinn's services.

Rd 6) Jaime Thomas, OG, Maryland................solid OG that is very strong runblocker.

Rd 7) Jason Boltus, QB, Hartwick................small school very productive player. Visited extensively with the Jets. Jets are satisfied with KC & Ratty. Ainge is a huge ???.....trust me.... there's more to the story of Ainge's leave. He left before his Uncle had a heart attack. I think the guy is a flake and may not be back.

I expect the Jets to sign a punter in FA...right after the draft.

#1 WW85, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Nice mock WW....I'd love to see the Jets land Moreno.

I didn't think Barden would go in the 2nd round though....has his stock risen that much in the last month or so? i thought he was a 3rd or 4th round graded player.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I like all of the picks - especially Quinn and Thomas in the later rounds. Both of these guys will be great for our run offense.

This team has to take a running back in this draft...I just hope Moreno is there at 17.

Barden would give the Jets a legitimate red zone threat, and like you said Robiskie will probably be gone. The Falcons might try grab him in the early second - his dad is the new wideouts coach in Atlanta.

The only thing that's missing in this draft is a defensive back. Ryan might want a safety to learn behind Leonhard or a corner to groom behind a Sheppard.

4. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Barden could probably be had in the 3rd but this would be an awesome, awesome draft.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

not a Barden guy but I do like his potential.

this is a happy day if this mock actually happened for the Jets.

6. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

love it best Jets mock I have seen

7. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Great job, WW. This is probably the most realistic Jets mock I've seen and on top of that it's a damn good one in terms of talent. I'm pulling for Moreno myself and if Robo and the other top guys are gone on the 2, Barden compliments out current receiving corps very nicely. Like you said, Hill's versatility would make him a valuable asset in Ryan's system and I really like Quinn as a compliment to Keller.

Sweet job, I'll pray for something like this in a week.

8. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

Close to the mock I would do. Not sure if Barden is a 2nd rounder. Is Gilbert there for us in round 2? I couldn't pass him if he were.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Agree...Johnny4!! If Gilbert is still available for the Jets in rd 2...he's my pick.....but I doubt he will be on the board.

10. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

Gilbert may go late 1. I just don't see us going RB at 17..

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty satisfied with this draft. Moreno in the first is the only pick that can sting the pain of not getting a QB, although I don't think he will make it to 17.

Not a fan of Barden, would rather address a different position if the higher rated Wrs are all gone and look to Murphy in the 3rd.

Love the Quinn pick, it seems like a foregone conclusion that he will be drafted by the Jets at some point, very rare for a mid round pick. The Jets almost have to draft him to fill the glaring whole at TE.

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

As long as we take a play maker, I'm happy. If we draft a QB, I'll cry. I would be very pleased with this draft. With maybe the exception of, Barden.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Barden is a playmaker.

Receptions.... 206
    Yards..........4,203
    TDS............50

Those are impressive career stats at any level.

#13 WW85, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  14. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This mock has made me happiest thus far. I'd be THRILLED if this is how it goes down, as I think all of the players, particularly those in the first 3 rounds, would be excellent long term additions! Awesome!

15. jdub03

jdub03 Active Member

I'd like to see Mike Teel instead of Jason Boltus. Flashes greatness also flashed badness. I'd like to see him do well.

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Can someone compare Moreno's and McCoy's game/style, and also tell me where they're projected to go as of now?

17. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Knowshon Moreno is definitely one of my top choices if they stay put at #17 (Moreno - Britt - Robiskie - Pettigrew)

I would rather someone like Dorrell Scott in the 3rd, but I'd settle for Sammie Lee Hill..

This would be good though.. I'd be very happy with these guys.

#17 JetFanInPA, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  18. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

With the Barden pick I am thinking that Nicks, Britt & Robiskie are off the board?

19. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Barden in the 2nd is a reach ideally we could trade down some and get a new 5th or something and still pick him up, but other then that personnel wise I like it.

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Is Barden a reach? Maybe a little bit, but in round two, getting a guy with his size, speed, and small college production would be alright by me. He's the type of guy that if you think he's that good, chances are other people think he is, too, so you might as well just pick him because someone else is going to trade up or draft him soon.