Rich Cimini: Jets Pass Options

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Apr 19, 2009.

1. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

awesome, hopefully this means a pass on freeman

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The thing that worried me is that on WalterFootaball they made a readers mock draft and 40% of Jets fans choices went to Freeman... come on :p!!!!

3. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Of course it's an opinion, this is a forum designed to house opinions, people who analyse it the other way base there's on opinion as well.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The thing that worries me is that you actually care what WalterFootball has to say about the draft...

5. Phear

Phear New Member

Not to bust your balls, but what weapons are you speaking of? Coles was injured like 4 of the games clemens started and cotch was injured 2. Oh wait he still had mccareins. I see your point now.

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

What the hell does the color of his skin have to do with anything? Seriously..

Kellen is already in the NFL, he has potential and has been waiting in the wings patiently for a chance to start. He hasn't failed yet, so why not?

People are against Freeman because he doesn't display a lot of the overall qualities you look for in a QB. They are not judging his team, only him, and his abilities as a QB. Even if his recievers never caught any of his passes, you could still determine his strength, accuracy, awareness, timing, pocket skills, game smarts, etc..

It could just be, he isn't as good as the other QB's in this draft. I personally think they are all over-rated, but that is just me.

I like the skin color excuse though, priceless.

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I don't care what HE says... I care that 40% of the Jets fans who use that site want Freeman... It means that there are actually some fans who wnat that to happen and that is downright scary :S

8. Gunther

Gunther Member

I used to think that it was skin color, but it is just ignorance
    Alot of the guys in here don't like anyone if they aren't already on the squad

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its this fear mentality that everyone that comes here is destined to fail....

I hate it, and until it goes away - we deserve nothing.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

WalterFootball is a joke - the people that take that site seriously should be shot. They change their mock each and every day and it becomes more and more unrealistic.

Mambo...look at the Pro Bowl - the players are selected because of the fans...fan-based voting is ridiculous. It's all name recognition - 80% of the people that vote for the Pro Bowl have no clue who should actually play in the game. John Lynch over Kerry Rhodes is a perfect example.

11. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

Callahan was a good coach at Nebraska......wait

12. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Actually I don't think you do

13. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

What is the basis of your analysis? Please do tell how and when did Freeman didn't display the necessary skills and know it all to be able to function as a quarterback in the NFL. Let's get real here, not trying to make this a race thing but c'mon already every year, you see black qb's either not drafted or converted to other positions. That's the way things are I can accept that but don't act like it doesn't happen.

Let's move on, if the people who are paid to scout these guys selects whomever i will cheer my ass off. If whomever they draft doesn't perform then I will boo their asses mercilessly. That's just the way it is.

14. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

And his size.
    And his work ethic.
    And his character.
    And is experience.

Five preeeeeeeetttyyy important things when evaluating a QB prospect.

15. SOJ

SOJ New Member

Agree everythinng I ahve read about this guy is that he is a projects. Stares down his recs, etc. I sa pass

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I just do not understand why EVERY FUCKING MOCK has Jets drafting Freeman. Does that mean those "experts" are that much of a retard?

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Freeman isn't a top 40 QB in the draft and everybody else is a total crapshoot. If we draft him on 17 we'd better be right because we'll look like fools if we're not.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you mean he is not a top 40 player? According to Gil Brandt, he is a top 10 player. When it comes to the draft I'm going to trust Gil Brandt's opinion over just about anyone.

19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Yes, because clearly there is a color requirement to play QB in the NFL. So.. were, McNabb, Leftwich, and Vince Young drafted for the QB position? Yep, I think they were. Were they converted into another position? Nope, I think the were not.

Oh, so "white" quarter backs in college never get converted to another position after the draft? Clearly that has never happened either, right?

This race card you're playing is hysterical to me. Nobody is playing the race card when drafting these guys, there is no clear cut proof of it, so drop it. It is actually quite opposite of your argument.

Are you serious with, Freeman?

CONS:

Inconsistent, very bad decisions, poor accuracy, no touch on the ball, struggles to read the defense, stares down his receivers, and he only played well against lesser opponents.

PROS:

Strong arm, hard to sack, good frame.

WOW!!! Sign me up!! :/

This guy screams BUST.

#39 IIMeanDeanII, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  20. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I heard him interviewed over the weekend on Sirius. He seemed to be a very smart kid, but had an odd personality. He was a little feisty and seemed put upon. Here is an example, he didn't like that he was compared to Ben Roethlisberger.Quote"I don't know why people feel the need to make these comparisons". How about being complimented you douche, afraid of the pressure? Could also explain why he ran from Nebraska.Won't go over with our media pressure.. He'll need to sit at least a full year. I'll pass.