Jewish fans jolt Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

\

That's their problem. It's totally assinine to schedule games around religions.

2. Merkava

Merkava New Member

You have yet to explain why everyone should "just move on". Is this hurting you in any way? Are you not going to be able to attend the games if its adjusted? Are you that busy? My guess: NO.

If people want to complain to make the schedule more acceptable, I say do it. I want as many Jets fans as possible at the game.

It doesn't affect you, you're not in the front office, you're not the nfl scheduling coordinator, you're not in the front office of NE or TEN. So relax, and hopefully it will work out for the better.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Do we know that or are people assuming that? There are a lot of factors in making up the schedule, and having two teams share a stadium and TV market limits options even further. It might have just worked out that way.

4. GreenMachine

Good for them. It still does not matter. Mountain out of a mole hill here.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

So it's all about you huh? Are you not going to be able to attend your favorite NBA team's game on Easter Sunday? My guess: NO. Yet I won't be able to because I'm observing my faith.

However I am not going to tell the NBA how to schedule their games because I have Easter services for the better part of Sunday and can't watch my favorite team play.

It's a free country. Your choice. Don't tell others how to live and vice versa.

You could go through a laundry list of people from different religions that have objections as to when their favorite team played.

If you did that, you would alienate such large numbers of your fanbases that it wouldn't be funny.

Your rant is a microcosm of the problem here. Sports and religion don't mix. If your faith is so important to you then that is commendable.

Yet don't use your faith as a springboard for changing the way any professional sports organization operates.

It's not yours or anyone else's place to do so.

6. Merkava

Merkava New Member

25% of VERY expensive and hard earned season tickets is not a mole hill. If you think it is, please feel free to donate 25% of your tickets this season.

7. Italian Seafood

So sell them. Paying full price for pre-season games is a bigger rip-off, at least those tickets have re-sale value.

8. GreenMachine

People who do not care about those holidays will still show up. As a matter of fact, if the devout Jewish season ticket holders do not want to go, they could actually make a profit on those tickets. Seems like a win-win..

9. Merkava

Merkava New Member

It's funny that you point out it's a free country, yet deny other the right to express their views. It doesn't affect you if people complain. So let them. No one is calling you to complain. No one is asking you to adjust your life. You're just a guy who sits at his computer doing exactly what pissed you off: complaining.

No one is telling you how to live. No one is saying the jets need to forfeit their games. All people are saying is the league should have been more sensitive, and if a fair solution can be created, why not do it?

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Was this a joke?

11. Italian Seafood

We'll find out if someone comes to the New England game strapped with dynamite.

12. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Hey, Jews can be anti-Semites too :p

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Noone is denying you the right to express your views. Either you're not comprehending what I'm writing or you choose not to. Again your choice.

You can complain all you want. However when your complaint is baseless and not agreed by others then so be it.

You can't force people to agree with you. As you can see I definitely don't agree with you. It's ok. We're all allowed to disagree.

If you think that the Jets and the NFL are asking you to adjust your life then that's just the way you view things.

I would argue that you have the choice to live your life as you want and if you want to go to the Jets game you can.

Two different points of view. Doesn't make one right and one wrong.

Yet where you are wrong is injecting your personal religious belief into any pro sport.

Leave it at home and enjoy the games.

14. RedWhiteBlue&Green

I think you pose a good question. However, here is the difference between observant Jews and your Florida friend who was celebrating Christmas. Jews that are observant cannot, under any circumstance - under any circumstance short of a physical emergency - do certain things on certain holidays. With regards to the high holidays, this also relates to many if not most other Jews. Because there are many Jewish Jets and Giants fans who observe the high holidays, the NFL should have worked around this.

It's not a question of special rights afforded to a small group, as some have suggested. It's a question of common sense.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So now it's just common sense that the NFL and/or the Jets should cater to Jews once every 7 years. Or maybe the Jews can just suck it up and deal with it as it's there own decision to not attend.

edit: I understand it sucks if this happens, but really just suck it up and make a sacrifice for your religion once every 7 years if it's that important to you.

#195 WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  16. Merkava

Merkava New Member

I think that's what the Jewish faithful will end up doing if this doesn't resolve itself.

But really, what's the harm in complaining. If nothing else, it will make sure that a "mistake" (which is the term the NFL used to explain the situation) will not happen again.

People should have their voices heard.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

There's no harm, it just seems real whiney to me. Some of the posts I've read in this thread seem like people feel like they are entitled to something they're really not.

That's really it for me. I'm not a season ticket holder, nor am I Jewish or any religion for that matter. This whole thing is completely irrelevant to me, I just find the discussion interesting.

I mean it's something that MAY happen once every 7 years. Make a little sacrifice and move on if it's (religion) so important.

#197 WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 16, 2009
  18. RedWhiteBlue&Green

I love it when people post articles like the one that began this thread on discussion boards. It allows you the opportunity to see who are the bigots. They usually show themselves on forums such as this, where they could hide behind their words. In reality, though, they are cowards who keep the hate that they feel bottled up inside, who keep their lips sealed in public.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

Please explain to me how I'm a bigot. That's quite the accusation.

I couldn't care less what you worshiped or what color you are. It's meaningless to me.

Is it because ... GASP ... I disagree ?

#199 WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 16, 2009
  20. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think you should just "suck it up" and admit it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.