Tgg 7 Round Mock Draft Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Feb 16, 2009.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Have to agree with everything Cakes is saying. I've called him a one-trick pony for years. The Jet's made a huge blunder drafting him and projecting him to be an OLB.

Ghoston can only be a situational pass rusher in the NFL...and you don't draft the #6 player in a draft to be a parttime player. This isn't College where Gholston padded his stats against ...Akron, Bowling Green's of the World.

Good luck Rex you have your work cut out for you.

#241 WW85, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. I agree that he was going to be a project out of college. However...take a step back for a second...

This is a guy that has the single season sack record for one of the most prestigious programs in CFB history...when you combine that w/ the freak size and athleticism that he displayed at the combine..and you have to admit those are 2 things you have to like as an evaluator.

I've said over and over again, you give him a role similar to Shawne Merriman in which he is attacking the LOS as a pass rusher and run defender 90% of the time, and he can be a pro bowler. If you make the game complex for him and try to turn him into something he's not, and at the most he projects as an average pro player. Unfortunately Mangini tried the latter. We saw the results.

Ryan however runs the kind of scheme that Gholston can be successful in. Simplify the game and let him attack. I believe if that is done..he can be a pro bowler.

3. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

im here give me one second. Made it just on time, sorry i held you up.

4. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Darn, I wanted Sintim for the Browns. Would have been the 2nd pick besides Wells.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Would be a good fit for Miami and Browns.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

[size=+3]Attention all GMs:[/size]

I will be available most of the day tomorrow, Monday....so forward your draftboards via PM

Thanks
    WW85

#246 WW85, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Do you think 17 picks will be made before 5:15 on Monday? My next selection is about 18 away. I really cannot send an 18-player deep draft board at this time. It's too difficult. Sending a 13-player deep board as I did last night was easier, but getting into the 2nd round certain players will fall, there may be a run of players at a certain position, etc.

Last year was fine. I wasn't able to get online during weekdays. I made my picks in the evening or at night.

8. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Holy Smokes!, I can't believe how much my board is getting ripped apart, this isn't like last year where round 2 became more unpredicatble with rankings, this is like I have the same draft board as many of the rest of you.

Love the Mack pick, also Delmas, Cook, etc.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Probably not.....check in after 5 PM tomorrow...thanks Cakes!!!!!

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'll be here shortly after 5. I'll probably be around often enough tomorrow night that I'll be able to take draft boards from other people and post their picks if you, Mr. E, and Jabba are not around.

11. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I really like Denver's draft of Maluuga and Brace. Two pieces that will help the Broncos transition into the 3-4.

12. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I was really pissed when the Bucs dealt their second and fifth round picks just in terms of this mock. But I already got Freeman which was the plan anyway. Personally I hate him, but new coach new regime, Morris has a K-State connection with him. I think if he falls past the Jets its almost a sure thing. There's definitely players available in this draft tho that would help out the Bucs.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Bumpin this post as a reminder.

Clock off at Midnight...back on at 9:00 A.M. Make your pick anytime if you're OTC!

Great Job by all today.....we got thru 32 picks today...Thanks!!

14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

Bears taking Robinson kills me for the Eagles 2nd round pick. This draft is really thin at certain positions.

15. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

HEADS UP

I may not be around early on monday morning so I sent my list to WW85 for the Jets 2nd RD Pick

Thanks

16. l29washington

l29washington New Member

I think Roy Williams (safety) has finally worn up his welcome in Dallas, I think Rashad Johnson could really boost that secondary as far as pass coverage goes. Went with him over one other available safety...

17. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

I am officially in service as of 8:56 AM and will be available for the duration of the day to make substitute picks as needed.

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

My draft board got killed for the Eagles so I had to go BPA and I thought that was Robiske. It may be overkill to go with Pettigrew, Moreno and now a receiver but I figured Robiske has very good size and would be a nice possession receiver compliment to Desean Jackson. I didn't like any of the OL prospects for the Eagles at this stage even though I thought about going that direction I figured might as well go BPA and hope an OL falls to round 3.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I had problems selecting for Green Bay, wanted to go DE and there was no good value. I hate reaching for players and will hardly ever do it. Went with Alphonso Smith, an excellent value in Early/Mid Rd 2. Green Bay's CBs are getting up in age.

So I understand your frustration!!!

20. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

It seems many of us have been in a reaching position or alternate direction so far