getting very depressed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

This is an attention grabbing post. The Jets have done everything and more one could have expected from them this offseason. It's not like they have unlimited resources and can go out and sign every free agent out there. They've made solid moves and will continue to do so in the draft. Just out of curiosity, what else would you have wanted them to do besides signing two players that don't play in the 3-4?

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

IMO no way Rex gives away 2 first rounders for a QB, but I can still see them making that move if it was cheaper.

3. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

No way do the Broncos trade Cutler. They only thought about it because of Cassel. They're not going to give up a franchise QB when they've got no one to take his place.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

For the love of god can someone that knows Roger Goodell, call him and convince him to start the season 6 months early?

This may be the only way to save us from these absolutely retarded threads that seem to be started on a constant basis.

5. al greenspam

al greenspam New Member

Seriously, dude, you have to have a little bit of hope. Start with the fact that the Jets should have the best defense in the division, that's gotta count for some wins right there. The running game was pretty effective last year and doesn't figure to have gotten any worse, esp. if the new regime realizes that Leon needs to get the ball a whole helluva lot more. And even if we stand pat w/our crew of untested QBs, my guess is they will account for fewer killer turnovers than The Gunslinger did in '08.

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Somebody please hijack this thread.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

They have had 16.

1967, 1968, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2008.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

heres my take... we are building a strong defense and it will be good next year, maybe not great but it will be the strength of the team. while i am VERY happy about that as i want to have a team that has a great defense i dont understand why it must come at the cost of having a terrible offense. i would have much rather seen some help on offense rather than the signing of leonhard, but whatever.

at this point, please note the fact i said AT THIS POINT!!! our offense is WEAK very very weak. almost to the point of terrible! that scares the shit out of me.

to top that off our schedule will be far more difficult than it was last year. just like the dolfags were not as good as their record due to a terrible schedule last year the same applies to us. the deciding factor will be our in division games. and those scare me too.

this will be a very tough division as usual and it will probably take winning the damn thing to get into the playoffs. however i understand that this season may be a building block. as much as it pains me to say that as we have quite a bit of aging talent i guess i just have to be happy that we will get better every year.

i am still scared that we will have no offense next year though. hopefully we can make something happen to pick it up on the offensive side of the ball.

i do look forward to seeing what the defense will do though as i am very very excited about the new attitude and players added.

9. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

First of all Pennington could never handle a good pass rush which is something we will have that we have not had in a very VERY long time,,, can anyone here remember the NY sack exchange. As for the Pats, One real good hit in the leg and we can all say goodbye to Brady. And if you think other teams are not going to test his leg then you have not watched or know football to well. As for the Bills, TO will rip that team apart and I am so glad the Jets did not go down that path.

10. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

why make these threads, the reason we had no rush was the constant rush of three, rex will bring the heat and hide all his blitzes well...

we're gonna be fine......people need to actually know football before givin up....no offense.

our pass d was awful cause the corners were always on a island cause the lack of blitzing, our dline is fine, now we'll blitz like crazy and dominate.....

jets d will be top 5 in nfl....write me down:grin:

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's no question the Jets are in a decline phase at this point. The question is whether Ryan gives them the new coach lift or closes the casket on them. I'll stay slightly optimistic until I see evidence one way or the other.

BTW, for people who want to know why I made the decline phase comment:

QB - nobody
    RB - he's 31
    #1 WR - nobody

That's kind of the definition of not having any of the trio let alone all of it.

On defense the Jets have a questionable line that is overly dependent on one guy, as they proved down the stretch last year, and that makes the defense a question mark right out of the box. They also have no 3-4 rush linebacker to apply pressure on the QB. You can't run a 3-4 that's more than average without having the QB eater in there somewhere or the passing game will just destroy you over time. You have to have the threnches handled before the players behind them really begin to matter.

#31 Br4d, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  12. HOI

HOI Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#32 HOI, Mar 8, 2009
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You are more negative than the original poster.:rofl2:

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

At least wait until the season starts! Geez.

15. revis024

revis024 New Member

who gets depressed over a fucking football team?

16. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

HOI that is very funny, A darksider in the rain

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#37 gustoonarmy, Mar 8, 2009
  18. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Our Front Office has done us GREAT, not GOOD ... GREAT ... We have the makings on defense to be ABSOLUTLEY DOMINATING ... Give our quarterbacks a chance and let's see .... Matt Cassel was a nothing, unknown, nobody until TOMMY BOY went down .... WE DO NOT NEED AN OLD WASHED UP VETERAN QB ... We need to go with what we have ... We can work the WR issue in the draft ...

Our pass rush will crucify wannabe Trent Edwards .... Lee Evans and TO .... YAWN ... TO is a legend in his own mind ... He's OLD, not nearly the speedster he was 5 yrs ago and his hands are more like stone now-a-days ... Trent Edwards does not throw a very pretty DEEP ball .... That was JP Losmans forte'

Chad ... Ho Hum !!! ... As was already stated, hasn't had 2 good seasons in a row since college .... That won't change

19. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

While our offense as a whole is weak, I think we are solid at RB. We have the AFC's leading rusher/Pro Bowler and a big time playmaker.

20. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

A clueless darksider !!! ...

QB - nobody ....... Go root for the PATS ........ Cassel was a "NOBODY" who became a SOMEBODY with the chance to play

RB = he's 31 ( Oh and by the way AFC RUSHING TITLE last season ... He must suck )

#1 WR ... Yeah yeah ... Let the season start and see where we are ... We have plenty of weapons .... and with a chance and the right coach, my guess is we have our #1 already on the roster or will have by the start of the season