Chad KFFL news (outlook not looking good)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 22, 2006.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

and lets not forget that he made that piece of shit jmac look pretty good as well....i liked mcnair once also but hes old and injury prone now so whats the point

2. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

yea but we wont get a chance next year on a guy like vernon davis, dbrickishaw, or mario

but i see where your coming from

3. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Yes companies do make such decisions and that is why so many go bankrupt. We are gonna give the new FO the benefit of the doubt for now that they make informed decisions that are good for the team.

What you are suggesting is that the Jets are less concerned with one of only three QBs on the roster being able to play and more concerned about clearing cash for signing guys like Clemens.

I guess you as the new Jets GM would be ok going into the season with the unproven wildcard Ramsey, an unproven rookie who will need at least a year on the bench and a guy who physically can't play. As much as Chads cap hit would hurt, they will not risk a billion dollar team's season to avoid a cap hit.

I negelected to add Brooks in that mix, but i'ts easy to do since he is obviously not part of the Jets QB future and will be competing for a backup role in camp.

#23 Jets41815162342, Apr 22, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

That was a nice jump putting all those words in my mouth. I believe Chad is not an option to play at all. I would be fine taking a QB with our first pick if the FO believes one of them will be a strong FA caliber QB. Apparently you missed the fact that we tried to get Schaub and did get Ramsey and do have Brooks on the roster as well as having mutiple draft picks. Clearly cutting Chad would have reduced our ability to add talent and another QB this year. That's why the Jets were very smart in doing what they did with Chad because it cleared space and gave them options that they wouldn't have had if they cut him outright. By the way they can put him on injured reserve if it turns out he can't be a reliable backup.

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

and last year at this point his prognosis was good. So either way we're not going to find out until he plays. I'll wait for that

6. Jets41815162342

We'll never know the real reasons why Mawae's contract wasn't reworked to save cap space. Could have just been Kevin, but he may have never gotten the offer to restructure. Yes, Chads hit would be 3X's as much nearly 12 million, and I'm sure that was a factor, but do you realize the $$$ the team stands to lose throughout the season if the team flops with Ramsey and not a legit starter in sight.

It's business and it's about dollars and cents. We could get accountants and debate the financial pitfalls of keeping Penny short term and long term, game attendance, merchandising ... but the fact is it's hard to imagine they are going into this season with such a weak QB situtation. They expect Pennington to be able to play.

Also, unless you have inside info on the Schaub deal, as far as I'm able to find the Jets were inquiring about him just like Ramsey. We needed to replace Feidler and give Chad competition for the starting job.

The prospect keeping him and then placing him on IR seems a little foolish also.

7. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

imagine if chad never plays this season and we pass up on getting cutler, vince or leinart

8. MyFavoriteMartin28

MyFavoriteMartin28 New Member

wow that cant be good, chads arm isnt at full strength. When the guys arm WAS AT FULL strenght he couldnt throw 10 freakn yards. The guys shoulder is gnna fall off if he takes one more hit. We need a qb..no more screwn around.

9. Jets41815162342

Your right, then one of them could hold the clipboard and watch Ramsey or , uhg, Bollinger QB the team for 16 games.

There is no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus and there is no rookie QB's in this draft that are coming in and taking a team to the playoffs.

10. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

No one thinks that any rookie QB is going to come in and take the Jets to the playoffs.... in fact only an idiot would be thinking playoffs this year anyway. Which is why even mentioning McNair is sheer... delusional thinking.

If you drat a QB this year, at best what you hope for is a playoff run in 2008.... and that's where the Jets are in the rebuilding process in any case.

All I can do is shake my head at people who talk playoffs.... you have NO clue.

11. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Don't you guys get the timing of this? This is definitely a smoke screen to make other teams think that we are going qb.

12. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

That's definately what I thought when I read this.

13. NYJ1012

NYJ1012 Banned

key words used to, thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard

14. 1028

1028 Active Member

Oh man Im so sick of hearing "this is a smokescreen" or "this isnt a smokescreen". Thank God its less than one week away

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Chad Pennington knows, im guessing he knows because its his freakin arm!!!:smile:

16. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Ha anyone thought that Tannebaum is totally blowing smoke out of his ass on this ..What are the reasons him saying something like this... its a week before the draft., unless it is to intice some teams to try to move up thinking the Jets may be going QB. I think the best information we will get about Penny will be after the draft til then any knews about Penny I say is BS.

17. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

This blurb means nothing.

Tannebaum did the exact same thing the Jets front office has done all offseason, and that's basically keeping their mouth shut and not telling you anything. Cimini just turned a canned statement into a negative article.

They've been secretive all offseason and that's not going to change now, especially when his progress could have an impact on how we draft.

18. Chaddaboy

Chaddaboy New Member

What? what did i do now?

19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

finally, at least one person without his mind still back in 2002.:up:

20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:up: another person who get it!:wink: